Bodies of babies washed ashore

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Bodies of babies washed ashore

Posted 9 hours 52 minutes ago
The bodies of 21 babies have been discovered washed ashore along a river in east China and authorities suspect they were dumped there as "medical waste" by local hospitals.
An initial investigation has shown that eight of the 21 babies wore identification tags on their feet tracing them back to a hospital in nearby Shandong province.
The other 13 were unidentified.
State media has reported that three of the eight had originally been admitted to the hospital in a critical condition.
Video footage posted on the website of a local TV station showed the bodies of babies lying on the shore.
The report says some babies were wrapped in plastic bags, at least one of which had "medical waste" written on it.
Some reports say the bodies could have been those of aborted foetuses or babies who had died of illness.
The Xinhua news agency says the bodies have been cremated.
It says the babies' families had paid two hospital mortuary workers to dispose of the bodies but they instead dumped them in the river.
The workers have been detained.
Tags: law-crime-and-justice, china

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
China, that is beyond a doubt, one of the most gross posts I have ever read. It makes me feel ill just to read about it.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Yeap, but it happens VanIsle.Wheather in China , Japan , or wherever wem must always remember that someway we are all guilty atrocity .

Last edited:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
It sounds like there were legit reasons why these babies died, but just dumping them in a river?

Talk about lazy.

Not only that, but wouldn't it have made more sense to send them to some place like..... oh jeez, I dunno.... some Sea World to feed Orcas in order to do some neat tricks? Just flip em in the air and Chomp.... easy way to get rid of them and might have made a profit.

Then again I suppose some may find that offensive in some way, but they could have done something else.