Citizen's Arrest of Alleged War Criminal George W. Bush in Canada

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Citizen's Arrest of Alleged War Criminal George W. Bush in Canada

Friday, 12 March 2010 06:59

'Splitting the Sky, indigenous activist, seized by security forces in Canada last year when he attempted to make a citizen's arrest of George W. Bush will have his day in court on Monday, March 8th. According to Professor Anthony J. Hall, this case will demonstrate whether Canada is ruled by law or fear and highlight the need for new principles, the Calgary Principles to amend the victor's justice of the Nuremberg Principles, in light of the new impunities for high level crimes against humanity and the Earth in this era, and the need to protect and honor civil resistance to those high crimes.'
Read more: Citizen's Arrest of Alleged War Criminal George W. Bush in Canada

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Why are these 'potential arrest' things always publicised prior to any arrest. Britain did a similar thing, let Israel know they were in danger of being arrested. It is like the cops phoning the crack-house prior to a search warrant being exercised.
Think of the head-lines if a few surprise arrests were made. Fact is it should be the current Prez because he isn't doing anything to stop an illegal war, get him and then go after the ones who started it. What good would Bush's arrest do, the slaughter in Afghanistan and Iraq would go on.

Even the American claim that 'just wait till next election then it will all be made right', is really starting to stink as nothing but a lie that is willing repeated to a world that is becoming increasingly opposed to war.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
He is a gutsy but dumb guy. But I cannot see what law he has broken, at least none in the U.S.. When you do a citizens arrest, you must actually approach the individual tell him what you are doing then call a policeman to actually arrest him noting that you are making a citizens arrest. You personally lay a hand on them and you are open for assault charges. Layman's thoughts.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The funny part is that he was trying to do a citizens arrest...and was arrested.

He's going to court and GW is collecting tens of thousands per speaking arrangement.

Now THAT'S Funny!

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
Ha! The dude's got balls. He should be treated like a hero.

I'm a bit confused by his name and/or title...is it this? ...

Name: Splitting the Sky
Title: Indigenous Activist

Somehow, I think that might look a bit strange on a business card.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I'm a bit confused by his name and/or title...is it this? ...

Name: Splitting the Sky
Title: Indigenous Activist

Somehow, I think that might look a bit strange on a business card.
After he is suicided it can be put on his tombstone.

Heard about Less More, shot 6 times with a .44, no less no more.

If Iraq was retribution was for a assassination attempt will this inciden bring retribution on Canada from some family member. Perhaps all the blue-haired people from Florida so our heath-care is over-run with 'customers'.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The funny part is that he was trying to do a citizens arrest...and was arrested.

He's going to court and GW is collecting tens of thousands per speaking arrangement.

Now THAT'S Funny!
Let alone what he takes home in stock options from the companies he is promoting.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
He is a gutsy but dumb guy. But I cannot see what law he has broken, at least none in the U.S.. When you do a citizens arrest, you must actually approach the individual tell him what you are doing then call a policeman to actually arrest him noting that you are making a citizens arrest. You personally lay a hand on them and you are open for assault charges. Layman's thoughts.

In Canada you must lay hands on the person for him to be arrested........otherwise they can simply walk away.......true story, I've worked security for a long time and taken, and taught courses in same......

As for this guy, comic relief. Give him 30 days as a reward (to enhance his state of personal martyrdom) and move on.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
That's what you should have done to Nixon, you would be national hero today. You mentioned it once a while back. :smile:
Never had the misfortune of running into the dude, otherwise I may have jumped on the opportunity. The same goes for Georgy Porgy.

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
Better him than Bubba. At least this guy has principles.

Hmm...maybe. His name sounds fairly destructive, not to mention environmentally-unfriendly. Splitting the Sky? (That first word makes me wonder if Bubba might be a better bet) :-|

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Hmm...maybe. His name sounds fairly destructive, not to mention environmentally-unfriendly. Splitting the Sky? (That first word makes me wonder if Bubba might be a better bet) :-|
Actually his name sounds like a medicine name given to him for spiritual power. Hard to say but I can see how a none native might feel threatened by it.

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
Actually his name sounds like a medicine name given to him for spiritual power. Hard to say but I can see how a none native might feel threatened by it.

Naw, he doesn't look very threatening...and his name doesn't sound threatening either. Attention-getting? Yes, but only to a point. But a good marketing consultant could likely help him present a better case. Starting with a bit of a clean-up, a new moniker that would have more meaningful impact with the general public, and so on.

What the hell, if one is going to do it, might as well get the most out of it, right?