America's Deadliest Sweetener Betrays Millions, Then Hoodwinks You With Name Change

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
America's Deadliest Sweetener Betrays Millions, Then Hoodwinks You With Name Change

By: disinter
Tags:

After all, aspartame was previously listed by the Pentagon as a biochemical warfare agent!
It’s hard to believe such a chemical would be allowed into the food supply, but it was, and it has been wreaking silent havoc with people’s health for the past 30 years.
America's Deadliest Sweetener Betrays Millions, Then Hoodwinks You With Name Change by Joseph Mercola

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
It is already sold under several names, so adding one more name isn't hoodwinking anyone. All you have to do is look at the ingredient list.
Anyway the stuff tastes lousy so I will stick with sugar.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
We keep going over this same old same old. Anyone should know by now that Aspertame is bad for your health. I guess maybe the best way to get it out of the food chain is for someone to successfully sue someone like Coke or Pepsi and then we'll get it off the market. The problem is, people readily state that once they quit using the product, those symptoms quickly reverse themselves. I stopped using it and it changed nothing!
Again I will say that I use Splenda which is now available in many products including Diet Rite Coke (I believe it's a product they use on "The Biggest Loser" if that show is still around.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I drink about one or two bottles of diet coke per month. I feel quite fine by it. If I drink liquid sugar, the real Coke, I feel like crap.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I hear Coke and other soft drinks are thinking of using Stevia instead. That would be a smart move. It is a natural derivative of a plant leaf. I use it and I only need about 4 drops to sweeten my coffee to the equivalent of a package of Splenda.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Given the epidemic of obesity in Canada and the USA it would appear that the deadliest sweetener is sugar - no contest.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Given the epidemic of obesity in Canada and the USA it would appear that the deadliest sweetener is sugar - no contest.
I'm wichu on dat wun!
I developed a weird, itchy rash form 60 years of being a sugar junkie. I get so itchy that I wish I had diabetes so I can take a shot to make it go away.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I drink about one or two bottles of diet coke per month. I feel quite fine by it. If I drink liquid sugar, the real Coke, I feel like crap.
Regular coke is too sweet. I quit using diet coke but - when I go to a restaurant, I have a choice of water or diet coke (of things I like) so - I have diet coke.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I hear Coke and other soft drinks are thinking of using Stevia instead. That would be a smart move. It is a natural derivative of a plant leaf. I use it and I only need about 4 drops to sweeten my coffee to the equivalent of a package of Splenda.
Splenda in itself is quite expensive. Stevia is even more costly. I've heard people say they wished companies like coke would use Stevia but so far, I have not heard they are going to use it. So far, splenda is out there in the Diet Rite coke and a couple of horrible other flavours but it is also there in Ice Tea tins. I've noticed that most yogurt companies have removed the aspertame and added back a small amount of sugar. So far, none of the Ice-cream companies seem to be adding splenda in place of aspertame. I leave those in the store freezers because of that. I have become so accustomed to one or two cokes a day that I do keep a fair supply on hand. My son is diabetic so he manages to consume at least one or two of my supply on almost a daily basis. I used to buy Aquafina because it was made with Splenda but then it was bought out and changed to Aspertame. I quit buying it the moment I noticed.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Splenda in itself is quite expensive. Stevia is even more costly. I've heard people say they wished companies like coke would use Stevia but so far, I have not heard they are going to use it. So far, splenda is out there in the Diet Rite coke and a couple of horrible other flavours but it is also there in Ice Tea tins. I've noticed that most yogurt companies have removed the aspertame and added back a small amount of sugar. So far, none of the Ice-cream companies seem to be adding splenda in place of aspertame. I leave those in the store freezers because of that. I have become so accustomed to one or two cokes a day that I do keep a fair supply on hand. My son is diabetic so he manages to consume at least one or two of my supply on almost a daily basis. I used to buy Aquafina because it was made with Splenda but then it was bought out and changed to Aspertame. I quit buying it the moment I noticed.
A small bottle of Stevia is about $6.50 but using only 3 or 4 drops a coffee, it goes a hell of a long way. Way cheaper that Splenda.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
A small bottle of Stevia is about $6.50 but using only 3 or 4 drops a coffee, it goes a hell of a long way. Way cheaper that Splenda.
I'm not sure if I even still have my Stevia at the moment. A box of Splenda costs about the same as the Stevia. It is measured exactly the same as regular sugar. A couple of weeks ago, I made muffins and I used brown Splenda in place of white sugar. No one knew the difference. I think something would be lost in the recipe if I used Stevia. Drop for drop and tsp. for tsp. I think the Splenda would be cheaper. Not by a lot but still cheaper.

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
Dr. Betty Martini, founder, Mission Possible International, who promotes the natural herb Stevia for diabetics in place of sugar, says "the controversy rages over Splenda (sucralose). Is it safe and natural like sugar or is it a chlorinated hydrocarbon? As lawsuits fly, consider the chemistry of this artificial compound." She points out that the FDA denied approval of aspartame for 16 years since it was created and then caved in to political/economic pressure when Ronald Reagan brought Don Rumsfeld, CEO of the manufacturer, to Washington. A new FDA Commissioner appointed to approve it then became a consultant for NutraSweet's public relations firm for $1000/day on a 10-year contract! She said this should have made the FDA more cautious the next time, but the FDA approved the toxic chlorocarbon Splenda without hesitation and without any long-term testing on human subjects."

More at: Buy Your Poison - Aspartame, Diet Soda, Splenda

Northboy

Electoral Member
...and Canada isn't?

No, Canada is controlled through application of the Hoodwink,

But its fundamental structure and philosophies are much older than the followers of the Hoodwink method...They can just ride on top until the people have had enough, then we get rid of them for the next set of contenders. Or maybe the people let the pot simmer enough to boil out the Hoodwinks. Then the Truth comes out...

Failing that, we could always call for a national audit of everything....