:Use of cell phone while driving ban.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm just wondering if since the ban took place 10 days ago, if anyone is still noticing any twits still doing it?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I see them all the time. My neighbor got a ticket for using his cell phone while driving. Hell, I almost got run over by a turkey in an F-350 with a cell phone glued to his head. They are writing a lot of tickets. The fine isn't high enough....:roll:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I see them all the time. My neighbor got a ticket for using his cell phone while driving. Hell, I almost got run over by a turkey in an F-350 with a cell phone glued to his head. They are writing a lot of tickets. The fine isn't high enough....:roll:

Sounds good- who better to help us with our "taxes"?

Shred

Feb 7, 2010
NZ
We had the talking on cell phone while driving ban introduced in NZ, in Nov 09, & to date, less than 300 ppl have been fined. You can still use your phone, but it has to mounted in a cradle, & a hands free kit to be used. I've noticed ppl still txting & talking while driving

Sporty883

Time Out
Feb 5, 2010
Edmonton Alberta
Nope still use mine, and good luck catching people, really.
When they put a ban on people playing with radio, smoking, eating etc, then I will.
Hell I know people that can text with phone in their pocket, so how the hell will they catch that....lol! I think this is the wrong arm of the law, not the strong arm...lmclao!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
When they put a ban on people playing with radio, smoking, eating etc, then I will.
Hell I know people that can text with phone in their pocket, so how the hell will they catch that....lol! I think this is the wrong arm of the law, not the strong arm...lmclao!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
If they made it a $267 fine and put CCTV along major routes, people might pay attention.
People don't pay enough attention to their driving as it is so I can't see this going anywhere.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

I sincerely hope you get caught, many times, because you are a menace on the road and an accident looking for a place to happen.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I sincerely hope you get caught, many times, because you are a menace on the road and an accident looking for a place to happen.
Preferably before their lack of attention to driving gets a child killed.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Preferably before their lack of attention to driving gets a child killed.

Exactly! I have a nephew who seems to wait until he's in the car to phone people. These people think it is an inconvenience to follow simple safety procedures that could save someone's life.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Exactly! I have a nephew who seems to wait until he's in the car to phone people. These people think it is an inconvenience to follow simple safety procedures that could save someone's life.
The majority of the time I've seen something unsafe happening on the road the driver has a cell phone glued to his ear.
Personally I don't think they will ever get it stopped.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Oh, she's gonna get caught Juan. Just a matter of time - right Harley?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The majority of the time I've seen something unsafe happening on the road the driver has a cell phone glued to his ear.

The fine in B.C. is $167.00. They are writing a lot of tickets. They should increase the fine to a point where it hurts. Try $500.00. and double it for second offenses.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island

No, legislation will never put an end to its use. It's become part of the culture and a way of doing business. There have been and continue to be laws on the books for driving without due care and attention. And, I agree, cell-phone use is a distraction and impairs judgement and reaction time. But, so does talking to passengers, eating, drinking, smoking, daydreaming, driving at night, driving in the snow or rain, reading traffic signs, driving past large bill;boards or flashing lights, looking for addresses, driving by a pretty woman,... Let's pass laws against all of these aspects of modern life. Horses and carriages are far safer!

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
The fine in B.C. is $167.00. They are writing a lot of tickets. They should increase the fine to a point where it hurts. Try $500.00. and double it for second offenses.
Perhaps a demerit point or two as well.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
No, legislation will never put an end to its use. It's become part of the culture and a way of doing business. There have been and continue to be laws on the books for driving without due care and attention. And, I agree, cell-phone use is a distraction and impairs judgement and reaction time. But, so does talking to passengers, eating, drinking, smoking, daydreaming, driving at night, driving in the snow or rain, reading traffic signs, driving past large bill;boards or flashing lights, looking for addresses, driving by a pretty woman,... Let's pass laws against all of these aspects of modern life. Horses and carriages are far safer!

Horses are smart enough not to bump into things ... and they stay sober.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
... and waaaaay more recyclable and cheaper to maintain.