Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
kentucky fried cockroach?
News Toronto & GTA
Kentucky Fried ... cockroach?
By BRETT CLARKSON, Toronto Sun

Last Updated: 30th January 2010, 7:24pm

StoryPhotosVideoCommentsEmail StoryPrintSize A A AReport TypoShare with:
FacebookDiggDel.icio.usGoogleStumble UponNewsvineRedditTechnoratiFeed MeYahooSimpySquidooSpurlBlogmarksNetvouzScuttleSit ejot+ What are these?
Click here to watch the videoA KFC customer was inches away from an extra crunch upon biting into his sandwich. He claims to have discovered a cockroach stuck in the bread of his meal.
Play VideoForget chicken — maybe the C stands for cockroach.

A KFC in Maple is being probed by health officials after a Richmond Hill man said he found a roach embedded in the bottom of a sandwich he ordered Friday night.

Appropriately enough the sandwich was the Big Crunch.

Michael McNamara, 28, its unlucky recipient, was big-time bugged by the nasty find.

“I didn’t see on the underside that there’s a cockroach mashed into the bun,” McNamara said. “Basically I ordered the food and once I saw it I immediately yelled at my buddy, ‘don’t eat here, stop what you’re doing!’”

McNamara and a friend had stopped by the KFC close to 10 p.m. after mounting an unsuccessful effort to find somewhere else to eat. In retrospect he wishes he had just kept driving.

“We settled for KFC, unfortunately,” McNamara said, adding he got a refund for the offending sandwich.

York Region Community and Health Services spokesman Monica Bryce confirmed a health inspector had paid a visit to the KFC restaurant Saturday after McNamara’s complaint.

“We didn’t find any evidence that warranted closing the restaurant, but we did find one infraction,” Bryce said, adding inspectors found one pest-control trap with a dead roach in it.

“We are going back to the restaurant again on Monday to keep working with them to get everything cleaned up,” Bryce said.

KFC officials couldn’t be reached Saturday.

A similar incident occurred Jan. 2 when Tommy Lam, 28, found at least 50 dead ants in his breakfast burrito from a Markham McDonald’s.

After finding the roach-wich, McNamara, a welder, vowed to kick his infrequent KFC habit.

“That’s done now,” he said. “I’m not eating there anymore.”

brett.clarkson@sunmedia.ca

Kentucky Fried ... cockroach? | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Wasn't this posted on here like a week ago?.

It was posted three days ago, but it was deleted by a Forum Leader as it was in a Sub-forum where it didn't belong. So, for all intent and purpose, this is the only thread.;-)

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
It was posted three days ago, but it was deleted by a Forum Leader as it was in a Sub-forum where it didn't belong. So, for all intent and purpose, this is the only thread.;-)
i thought i was suffering from alzheimer's.:lol: its odd that the moderator deleted the post instead of transfering it to another board.:roll::-?

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
just another reason not to eat out:smile: I used to spray all the food with bug spray every night at one place i worked at[a Quebec based general merchandise store with an attached lunch counter] & that kinda took away all my appetite for their cheap food. After the poison mist dissipated,used to sweep up all the dead roaches and trash them.At least, we didn't put them into the food.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It's the kind of thing one might want to keep to oneself, or they are liable to charge extra for it.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
That company went out of business years ago,didn't want to use the name, but it probably doesn't matter now. United Stores.:smile: Until they gave me that job,I used to eat at the lunchcounter often and thought the food was great-and it was,compared to the horrible slop my Mom tried to cook.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I deleted this damn post once because in my estimation this forum was started as a home for real recipes and kitchen advice, not for dopey news items about cockroaches in Kentucky.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I deleted this damn post once because in my estimation this forum was started as a home for real recipes and kitchen advice, not for dopey news items about cockroaches in Kentucky.
theres no need to be rude. i wasn't aware of how you felt. i appologize for the missunderstanding. i'll check to see if there's a post transfer option.

Last edited by a moderator:

jenn

Electoral Member
Jan 13, 2008

everyone is always trying to find the secret recipies....well now we DO know one of the ingredients :)

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
News would be have been a better forum for this thread or else the Fun & Jokes forum. People are usually trying to keep roaches out of their kitchens and I am pretty sure Juan would be just such a person. People that introduce roaches to kitchens are just too weird. :|