Bill Vanderzalm leads battle

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Bill Vanderzalm is taking charge in fighting the heinous H.S.T. (which will kill the real estate industry and possibly the restaurant industry) 20 years ago it was popular to hate Bill (much to do with his outspoken manner and religious beliefs) What do people think of Bill today? I met him personally once along with other "peons" like myself and to Bill's credit, there was no "class distinction" with him, he'd sit down and talk to you. I also admired him for his philosophy about hard work. Let's help him beat this ludicrous H.S.T.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I used to love Bill. He was endless fodder for my political cartoons. I think he is too much of a red herring still, to be taken seriously. He may be more of a detriment than an asset to any cause.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Cliffy, don't feel too bad, when I lived in AB we had Don Getty, but at least he did do some things to help us when inflation ran wild in the centre of the universe, um, I mean central Canada, but Ralph was a real breath of fresh air back then. Anyway, whatever you do, fight the HST, it was originally to be branded the blended sales tax or BST in these parts and the name was changed for obvous reasons. But bovine or equine, its the same sh*t. They even want to raise it 2% to make up for the reduction in the GST portion in NS, and it includes everything you buy except unprepared food, not even things like gasoline, heat, electricity are exempt. Then they offer rebates here and there targeting the lower incomes and squeaky wheels and such, using taxation even more so as a social engineering and vote buying football. Don't let them screw you guys like they did the East Coast.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Bill Vanderzalm is taking charge in fighting the heinous H.S.T. (which will kill the real estate industry and possibly the restaurant industry) 20 years ago it was popular to hate Bill (much to do with his outspoken manner and religious beliefs) What do people think of Bill today? I met him personally once along with other "peons" like myself and to Bill's credit, there was no "class distinction" with him, he'd sit down and talk to you. I also admired him for his philosophy about hard work. Let's help him beat this ludicrous H.S.T.

Please tell me how the HST will impact the real estate industry.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So, you don't understand it, then.

We've had the HST in NB for years.

You might want to figure out how it works before you post comments like that.

Well then, maybe a smart feller like yourself should it explain it to all us uncivilized, instead of acting like a know-it-all, all the time.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
No, I don't need to - I asked a question, was told the guy didn't know, so I'll wait till he figures it out.

We're not planning to open an office in BC, so I don't care what the tax regime is.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
No, I don't need to - I asked a question, was told the guy didn't know, so I'll wait till he figures it out.

We're not planning to open an office in BC, so I don't care what the tax regime is.

That's not the way it went down, but, whatever.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
8O Didn't Bill VanderBlander get caught with his finger in a dyke?

or something. I know there was something.:confused3:

I think there was a little skulduggery regarding Fantasy Gardens and some real estate woman which probably wasn't 100% on the up and up- not everything Bill did was right - that's for sure- but not everything he did was wrong either. Probably more honest than 90% of politicians today...........................:smile:

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
So, you don't understand it, then.

We've had the HST in NB for years.

You might want to figure out how it works before you post comments like that.

Do you understand it? BC is different from NB. Many provinces have different tax schemes when dealing with real estate. Because NB and NS have been screwed for years doesn't make it right. The HST will cover many more things that were and weren't covered by GST alone. It is a tax grab, pure and simple. It will impact everything negatively, not just real estate.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Do you understand it? BC is different from NB. Many provinces have different tax schemes when dealing with real estate. Because NB and NS have been screwed for years doesn't make it right. The HST will cover many more things that were and weren't covered by GST alone. It is a tax grab, pure and simple. It will impact everything negatively, not just real estate.

You just consider the source, Bob........................:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm the first to admit I might be ignorant, but just maybe that is because the guy trying to ram it down our throats has failed to explain it.