Poverty stricken CIBC boss might survive??

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Hardly enough to keep body and soul together!

Mind you, this company must be in dire straits....considering how they harassed a family member of mine about her sick leave.....when she was recovering from losing half a lung to cancer.

Scum.....absolute scum of the world.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Hardly enough to keep body and soul together!

Mind you, this company must be in dire straits....considering how they harassed a family member of mine about her sick leave.....when she was recovering from losing half a lung to cancer.

Scum.....absolute scum of the world.

A c'mon Colp; ya know ya don't mean it..............Shyte, if he couldn't buy a BMW, think about the poor Germans thrown out of work. :angry3: Our little hearts should bleed.

I sincerely hope your family member had a full recovery and is doing well. But, you're right on about the scum part. fukkers, all of em. They'd steal the nickles off a dead man's eyes.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
The article says that CIBC reversed its 2.06 billion $ loss in 2008 to 1.17 billion $ profit in 2009 (the loss was a paper loss anyway, they made provisions for anticipated sub prime losses, otherwise they made profit even in 2008 ).

CIBC substantially improved its economic performance in 2009, along with other Canadian banks. When a company is doing well, the share holders don’t begrudge good compensation packages for the top executives.

The problem comes when the company is making a loss and still CEO and other top dogs get huge compensation packages (as happened in USA). I would be opposed to that. But top executives of Canadian banks getting top dollar as compensation, I have no problem with that, as a share holder.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Bankers, mostly the top ones, are bottom-feeders like some lawyers, politicians, etc. Leeches basically.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The article says that CIBC reversed its 2.06 billion $ loss in 2008 to 1.17 billion $ profit in 2009 (the loss was a paper loss anyway, they made provisions for anticipated sub prime losses, otherwise they made profit even in 2008 ).

CIBC substantially improved its economic performance in 2009, along with other Canadian banks. When a company is doing well, the share holders don’t begrudge good compensation packages for the top executives.

The problem comes when the company is making a loss and still CEO and other top dogs get huge compensation packages (as happened in USA). I would be opposed to that. But top executives of Canadian banks getting top dollar as compensation, I have no problem with that, as a share holder.

I have worked for every Canadian bank in existence.....they are run by scum, without exception. I agree with Darkbeaver to this point....we would be a LOT better off if we lined up all the board members of Banks against the wall.....and shot every third one. Repeat annually.

CIBC is the worst of the worst. CIBC is an organization that seriously exploits its workers, stealing from them, and harassing them unendingly. They are incompetent and arrogant in the extreme. Rememeber all our personal info to W. Virginia....to the exceptionally honest guy who warned them, kept the faxes under lock and key, and only went public when he could not get the Bank to acknowledge the problem? The banks' reaction? Sue him!

Scum.

You should be ashamed to be a shareholder.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
I have worked for every Canadian bank in existence.....they are run by scum, without exception. I agree with Darkbeaver to this point....we would be a LOT better off if we lined up all the board members of Banks against the wall.....and shot every third one. Repeat annually.
Another expected reply from the resident gunslinger.
If you worked for the banks yourself maybe you should be against the wall too....

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
If you worked for the banks yourself maybe you should be against the wall too....

Quite so, Risus. Like it or not, efficient, well run banks are the engine that runs the economy. The surest way of ruining a country’s economy is to trash its banks, like they did in USA. In USA there was no regulation, particularly under the Republicans, they got rid of most of the regulations. Banks were free to engage in risky, shady practices like sub prime lending. The result was inevitable, deterioration of banks and of the whole economy.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

I worked for the banks indirectly, as a gunslinger :) protecting and delivering their cash. What became obvious very quickly is that they didn't give a damn if we lived or died.

Remember the ice storm back in '98? The armoured car company I worked for put three trucks out on the road one night....one crew had the good sense to refuse to go on and returned to the branch office.....both the others wound up in the woods.

The Banks??? Screaming bloody blue murder the next day.........poor babies hadn't been serviced.....to hell with risk......didn't care trucks were off the road......

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
I worked for the banks indirectly, as a gunslinger :) protecting and delivering their cash. What became obvious very quickly is that they didn't give a damn if we lived or died.

Remember the ice storm back in '98? The armoured car company I worked for put three trucks out on the road one night....one crew had the good sense to refuse to go on and returned to the branch office.....both the others wound up in the woods.

The Banks??? Screaming bloody blue murder the next day.........poor babies hadn't been serviced.....to hell with risk......didn't care trucks were off the road......
Well, they paid good money to get a service done....