pot cookies

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
This is funny.:lol::lol:

FBI: Unruly passenger blames medical pot cookies

PITTSBURGH -- A San Francisco man claims he was high on a double dose of medical marijuana cookies when he screamed, dropped his pants and attacked crew members on a cross-country flight, forcing its diversion to Pittsburgh, the FBI said Wednesday.

washingtonpost.com

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Sounds funny but doesn't fit. If he doubled his dose he'd be sleeping quietly. I doubt he was drinking milk along with those cookies unless it was a white russian or the chemical treats he snorted in the night club the night before weren't through his system yet.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I agree. Sounds like more Reefer Madness propaganda:

...excerpt from On the Trail of Marihuana, the Weed of Madness:
"We now know that marihuana --
  1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Destroys will power, making a jellyfish of the user. He cannot say no.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Eliminates the line between right and wrong, and substitues one's own warped desires
    or the base suggestions of others as the standard of right.
    [/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Above all, causes crime; fills the victim with an irrepressible urge to violence.[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Incites to revolting immoralities, including rape and murder.[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Causes many accidents, but industrial and automobile.[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ruins careers forever.[/FONT]
  7. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Causes insanity as its specialty.[/FONT]
  8. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Either in self-defense or as a means of revenue, users make smokers of others, thus perpetuating the evil."[/FONT]
"Victor Licata, aged nineteen, sat sobbing. He was in jail in Tampa Florida, his home town; and, although he had been there for half a day, his parents had not been near him. He wondered why they had forgotten or were neglecting him . . . He didn't know that his father and mother were dead; that his two brothers and one sister were also dead; in fact, his whole family, except a brother away at the university had been killed . . . And what is more, he didn't know he was the one who killed them. He didn't remember that in the middle of the night, he had arisen, taken an ax, and hacked his mother, father, two brothers, and sister to pieces while they slept . . .

. . . Victor had smoked some marihuana cigarettes that afternoon. After going to bed that night, he suddenly though, as nightmarish hallucinations raced through his mind, that his mother and father were plotting to cut off his arms and legs as soon as they got up in the morning. This horrible obsession fixed itself in his mind; and so real was this imagined threat to him, that he decided the only thing to do was kill them first, while they slept.

. . . [at the crime scene a few months after the murders], the police confided to us that the father, who had been murdered, was by no means blameless, for he had been making these cigarettes and having his son Victor peddle them to the students at the high school he attended. In time, Victor sampled his own product. Then came the quintuple murder."
and so on...
Reefer Madness: Propaganda

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
  1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Destroys will power, making a jellyfish of the user. He cannot say no, as he is giggling too much..[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Eliminates the line between right and wrong, and substitues one's own warped desires for cookies and milk[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]or the hungry suggestions of others as the standard of right.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Above all, causes lethargy; fills the victim with an irrepressible urge to remain stationary.[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Incites to revolting immoralities, including good sex.[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Causes many accidents, both industrial and automobile.[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ruins careers forever, but who cares?.[/FONT]
  7. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Causes temporary insanity as its specialty, which is kinda the point.[/FONT]
  8. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Either in social benevolence or as a means of seduction, users make smokers of others, thus perpetuating the silliness."[/FONT]

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
  1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Destroys will power, making a jellyfish of the user. He cannot say no, as he is giggling too much..[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Eliminates the line between right and wrong, and substitues one's own warped desires for cookies and milk[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]or the hungry suggestions of others as the standard of right.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Above all, causes lethargy; fills the victim with an irrepressible urge to remain stationary.[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Incites to revolting immoralities, including good sex.[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Causes many accidents, both industrial and automobile.[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ruins careers forever, but who cares?.[/FONT]
  7. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Causes temporary insanity as its specialty, which is kinda the point.[/FONT]
  8. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Either in social benevolence or as a means of seduction, users make smokers of others, thus perpetuating the silliness."[/FONT]
Looks like you took Reefer Madness a tad too seriously. It was meant to be a comedy, not a DEA training film.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Looks like you took Reefer Madness a tad too seriously. It was meant to be a comedy, not a DEA training film.

Please compare my list of Reefer Madness symptoms to the original list in Earth as One's post

Reefer Madness was propaganda.

My list was a (weak) attempt at a joke. Weaker still when I have to explain it... :)

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

:lol:

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
I thought it was pretty funny actually.

Currently, my wife is living in Leiden (close to Amsterdam) and I am living in Berlin. I travel to Leiden all the time, naturally. It is a pretty weird feeling to be in a place where it is completely legal to smoke and then to so commonly travel to a place where they will break your kneecaps for it.

One quickly wonders why it is criminalized at all.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
The first post should answer your question.
washingtonpost.com

What question? I figured the punctuation in my post made it pretty clear it was all rhetoric.

Even if you are willing to assume that the actual and only cause was marijuana, there are two points that one would have to ignore in order to support criminalization because of this issue:
1. You need to ignore that public intoxication is illegal even if the drugs are legal.
2. You need to ignore the fact that alcohol related disturbances are much more common, even when normalised to usage.

You have to make a lot of assumptions and ignore a lot of facts in order to support criminalization. Reality is not on the side of criminalization, only the perverse, frightened fantasies of a few support criminalization.

Living in the Netherlands, you just do not see this sort of thing happen, and you are constantly confronted with usage. Step into any coffeshop and you can easily have a chat with some of the nicest, mellowest people you will ever meet. Compare that to stepping into the bar on the wrong side of town.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The first post should answer your question.
washingtonpost.com

PITTSBURGH -- A San Francisco man claims he was high on a double dose of medical marijuana cookies when he screamed, dropped his pants and attacked crew members on a cross-country flight, forcing its diversion to Pittsburgh, the FBI said Wednesday.

Would be nice to see some supporting evidence that medical marijuana cookies were really responsible for his actions and not something a tad stronger like meth or coke. All this over a 'claim' - sheesh.