High blood pressure cases increase

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
C.B.C. just reported the number of High blood pressure cases in people in their 20s and 30s doubled in past 15 years.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
C.B.C. just reported the number of High blood pressure cases in people in their 20s and 30s doubled in past 15 years.
yeah, my mom and i have been suffering from high blood pressure. i've been geting dizzy, headaches, chest pains, and heart palpatations. when i try to sleep, i can here my heart beating rapidly and feel chest pains which prevents me from sleeping. :-(

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It sounds like you have more than just high blood pressure. Chest pain is something you should have checked - like yesterday

I think he may have just been pulling our leg, but yeah, if what he's saying is right not only should he see a doctor, but he should probably take a spare heart and set of arteries with him ready for transplanting.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
yeah, my mom and i have been suffering from high blood pressure. i've been geting dizzy, headaches, chest pains, and heart palpatations. when i try to sleep, i can here my heart beating rapidly and feel chest pains which prevents me from sleeping. :-(
Smoke pot, preferably from a vaporizer or drink it in a tea. I know a lot of people who swear by it. Also take a vitamin B complex stress formula - like Prozac without the side effects.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Smoke pot, preferably from a vaporizer or drink it in a tea. I know a lot of people who swear by it. Also take a vitamin B complex stress formula - like Prozac without the side effects.

I think that is excellent advice Cliff AFTER he gets throughly checked by a cardiologist (and with his approval of course)

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
In our fast paced, meet-the-deadline world we live in today it's no wonder the effects of high blood pressure are so prevalent. Combine that with the daily dose of violence and mayhem appearing on our TV screens and you begin to get the picture. Add this to the pile: mortgage payments, car payments, tuition payments, kid's extracurricular activities - it all amounts to a heaping pile of stress.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
In our fast paced, meet-the-deadline world we live in today it's no wonder the effects of high blood pressure are so prevalent. Combine that with the daily dose of violence and mayhem appearing on our TV screens and you begin to get the picture. Add this to the pile: mortgage payments, car payments, tuition payments, kid's extracurricular activities - it all amounts to a heaping pile of stress.

That's why you want to set your sights low in life and before you undertake anything else make sure you can devote 10% of your waking hours to strenuous exercise. Who gives a *(^)&) about that big sceen H.D. T.V. or that microwave oven?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I think that is excellent advice Cliff AFTER he gets throughly checked by a cardiologist (and with his approval of course)
Sorry JLM, but after having dealt with cardiologists for 15 years I have to say, they don't know very much about health. To most of the ones I have seen, it more about how much money they can make off of you through constant testing and procedures. I found that hanging out with a bunch of 30 - 40 year olds has been more therapeutic than anything a doctor has done for me.

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
That's why you want to set your sights low in life and before you undertake anything else make sure you can devote 10% of your waking hours to strenuous exercise. Who gives a *(^)&) about that big sceen H.D. T.V. or that microwave oven?

"Going with the flow" is a bad thing to do. Stress results from being in situations where you don't have control of things. Some things are uncontrollable, but many are very controllable. I'd start by making a list of things I can/should/will control, and then figuring out how to do it. I agree - who cares about having the latest HD TV or whatever...it it's going to add to the stress level, put it off until the cash is available.

I like your idea of 10% of your time devoted to exercise...you (the individual) just has to make it happen. Of course, that might eliminate a few time and fuel-consuming trips to KFC to pick up some nice fast food, but so be it...spend some time on Sunday afternoon to make some real food and freeze it for the coming week. And then go for a nice, long walk.

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Some people don't do well by setting their sights too low. Some are driven by an insatiable appetite to do better, to reach higher, to attain a certain level of achievement. Isn't that what they push on you as you go through grade school?

"There's room at the top they're telling us still." John Lennon

The status quo just don't cut it for some. The HDTV is the least of your worries. That's just a perk of overachieving, along with the big house, nice car and trips to Hawaii.

Now where did I put those blood pressure pills?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Some people don't do well by setting their sights too low. Some are driven by an insatiable appetite to do better, to reach higher, to attain a certain level of achievement. Isn't that what they push on you as you go through grade school?

"There's room at the top they're telling us still." John Lennon

The status quo just don't cut it for some. The HDTV is the least of your worries. That's just a perk of overachieving, along with the big house, nice car and trips to Hawaii.

Now where did I put those blood pressure pills?

That's why you should set your sights exactly the same way you set your mortgage. Arrange for the lowest obligatory amount, while retaining the option to make extra "payments". That way if you get sick or other concerns arise, you are not stressed out, but in periods of low demand and your feeling rambunctious you can increase your equity. I just cannot imagine a situation where both spouses have their noses on the grindstone, working their fingers to the bone for a *^&^T*( place to live in that is worth 50 cents more than the Joneses.............Not my idea of "life".

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
For the record JLM, I own a $30,000 house in NL, a shytebox for a car and I've never been to Hawaii. I have, however, been to Jasper. No keeping up with the Joneses here. The money I saved on buying the 'monster' house I put towards a HDTV. Am I still overdoing it? Don't think so.

The issue is not about money but it's about the expectations that are required of you in the workplace. Especially when they lay off multiple people and expect those left behind to pick up the pace so the bottom line is still maintained. That's where the stress comes into play.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
For the record JLM, I own a $30,000 house in NL, a shytebox for a car and I've never been to Hawaii. I have, however, been to Jasper. No keeping up with the Joneses here. The money I saved on buying the 'monster' house I put towards a HDTV. Am I still overdoing it? Don't think so.

The issue is not about money but it's about the expectations that are required of you in the workplace. Especially when they lay off multiple people and expect those left behind to pick up the pace so the bottom line is still maintained. That's where the stress comes into play.

If you are happy and you are not stressed out and having trouble meeting monthly obligations, no way are you over doing. Life is supposed to be about enjoying things, not being a slave to them.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I think he may have just been pulling our leg, but yeah, if what he's saying is right not only should he see a doctor, but he should probably take a spare heart and set of arteries with him ready for transplanting.
i wasn't pulling your leg. i wouldn't joke about health problems out of respect for my mom and the people who post here.:smile: