Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Here is a link to a site where you can donate money to help out the people of
Haiti in their time of desperate need.

Please give generously.:-(

World Vision

Thanks.

World Vision is an excellent choice, Avro. The Salvation Army and The Red Cross are also worthy recipients.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Here is a link to a site where you can donate money to help out the people of
Haiti in their time of desperate need.

Please give generously.:-(

World Vision

Thanks.

Thanks Avro....I actually came on to this thread to offer World Vision as an alternative.......only to see you were way ahead of me.

World Vision uses only 14.2% of revenues for fundraising......and another 3 or 4% for administration etc......over 80% of your donation actually pays for food, shelter, medicine etc. A very very good performance compared to other charities.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Thanks Avro....I actually came on to this thread to offer World Vision as an alternative.......only to see you were way ahead of me.

World Vision uses only 14.2% of revenues for fundraising......and another 3 or 4% for administration etc......over 80% of your donation actually pays for food, shelter, medicine etc. A very very good performance compared to other charities.

You are absolutely right, Colpy. I checked them out a few years ago when trying to decide which charity I should support. World Vision was the first to come up with the unique idea of sending practical items to help people. Things like seeds, water purifiers, animals, medical equipment, educational tools, etc.

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
A much better place for your hard earned dollars Colpy. Steve can always siphon off the trough if he needs more.
World Vision gets my donation as well.