Green/Clean Tech

captain morgan
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

SaskPower will go ahead with the clean coal plant eventually. It's far cheaper than importing CO2 from Minnesota.

I was involved with a group for a short time that was working on clean coal.... Used methane as the transport medium for the coal-dust and injected it straight into a burner (with O2 at the point of ignition).

Amazing how efficient it operated.

Avro
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

But I am selling it cheap... These are friend-prices that I giving it away at, hell, it's not like I'm asking you to put up a couple or 3 mil to get at it... Right?

Mighty white of ya Captain.

Keep selling clean or not.

We have to live and keep the lights on and burning stuff is the only way.

Take care now.

captain morgan
You too Avro

Avro

I was involved with a group for a short time that was working on clean coal.... Used methane as the transport medium for the coal-dust and injected it straight into a burner (with O2 at the point of ignition).

Okay, this is getting a little to ecotardy for me.

You guys have fun driving your Volvos, buying your Birkenstocks and singing kumbaya.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by AvroView Post

Nah, I was only kidding about that.

As long as we have stuff to burn, keep burning it.

Heck, let's start burning copies of Al Gore's movie....plenty of gas in those.

Go for and invest in a some green hippy asthma caps and make some moolah.

Better than co-jet?

GreenFish66
Well if you don't want to be Green ...You can always go Clean Tech ..

OR

You can always choose to be Greedy Glutinous Fume Spewing ol' Coal, Oil , Methane Flatuating Conservative/Republicans, if you so choose.......But I see no true future in that..

Me ...I choose To live The Green/Clean Tech Lifesyle( comfortably) ..Works great for me..

Each to your own.....But please ...Keep it to yourself...I don't want to catch anything ...

The Light is Green ..The future is Clear....Green/Clean Tech is Now ..It is The Only Future...

Or Whatever ...

Your Choice...
Last edited by GreenFish66; Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:39 PM..

captain morgan

Better than co-jet?

Exact same principle but they were grinding the coal down to 8 microns.

Avro

Go for and invest in a some green hippy asthma caps and make some moolah.

I'll do it on my own Sponge Bob....no need for the nanny state.

Enjoy your subsidies (welfare payment) comrad.

mentalfloss
I wish I knew how to post a DaSleeper ROFLMAO smilie right now.

GreenFish66
Owen Roberts (external - login to view) - Get Ready for mass produced local food ..

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenFish66View Post

Owen Roberts (external - login to view) - Get Ready for mass produced local food ..

If Owen can rototill my frozen soil in January he is more than welcome to use my garden space.

GreenFish66
Us Canadians can grow food in the winter petro's...Store what we can from the summer .....People bin livin up here in the north eh for a while there petro's ...

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/cbc-article.aspx?cp-documentid=26018172 (external - login to view) - .....Regulate OilSands Development...

GreenFish66
Clinton tackled for oilsands comments - *News - MSN CA (external - login to view) - " Clinton Tackled for Oilsands comments...." ..

There's no future in DirtyOil ...The Future is Clear.It is here now .. .. ...Green/Clean Tech
Last edited by GreenFish66; Oct 21st, 2010 at 07:50 PM..

captain morgan

Clinton tackled for oilsands comments - *News - MSN CA (external - login to view) - " Clinton Tackled for Oilsands comments...." ..

There's no future in DirtyOil ...The Future is Clear.It is here now .. .. ...Green/Clean Tech

Great.. What's the solution... I mean, what green/clean tech is available and how will YOU pay for it?

GreenFish66
I already live Clean/Green Tech man..( As much as I possibly can in any given circumstance..(Since everything creates recycable waste.)

Was simple for me to do...It's Not for all , in the moment ...

Cost- Next to nothing ..Just got to be a Conscientious "Consumer"( Hate that word)

Green/Clean Tech Opens up many new possibilities /choices /options for our future..

You can go back through 3 years of my threads if you wish Captain Morgan ..It is all there...

It's harder for those who are Purley reliant on Dirty Energy to come clean, than for those who have already started ......So all I can say is ...There's a change a comin' ...

We can pay now/ through subsidizes/Incentives/Innovation/Invention/Regulation .. OR... pay more later , at a far greater cost to ALL.

Peace or Pieces -

Peace
Last edited by GreenFish66; Oct 21st, 2010 at 08:52 PM..

Avro
It just a little work and effort to make some changes.

Some folks are just plain lazy.

captain morgan

I already live Clean/Green Tech man..( As much as I possibly can in any given circumstance..(Since everything creates recycable waste.)

Was simple for me to do...It's Not for all , in the moment ...

Cost- Next to nothing ..Just got to be a Conscientious "Consumer"( Hate that word)

Green/Clean Tech Opens up many new possibilities /choices /options for our future..

You can go back through 3 years of my threads if you wish Captain Morgan ..It is all there...

It's harder for those who are Purley reliant on Dirty Energy to come clean, than for those who have already started ......So all I can say is ...There's a change a comin' ...

We can pay now/ through subsidizes/Incentives/Innovation/Invention/Regulation .. OR... pay more later , at a far greater cost to ALL.

Peace or Pieces -

Peace

Can you give me some examples?

GreenFish66
Quote: Originally Posted by AvroView Post

It just a little work and effort to make some changes.

Some folks are just plain lazy.

RightO Avro ..

Captain Morgan ...Simply Type "Green/Clean Tech" into any search engine ...See if you can't find me a couple Ways to live a more Green/Clean Tech Lifestyle ..

Or try ...Simple ways to go Green/Clean Tech ...

captain morgan
Greenfish,

Don't confuse conservation and responsible stewardship with the AGW issue. Certainly, there are very real parallels, however, the AGW issue goes waaayyy deeper. If you're talking about things like radiant heating for your home, minimizing the use of an auto, recycling, etc.. well, I've been on board for a long time.

What I get a kick out of is the typical knee-jerk reaction that you mentioned regarding "dirty oil".. tell me, what, exactly is "clean oil" and although I expect that you will point to the amount of energy required to extract bitumen, my question to you is is: If we eliminate that fuel source, are you (personally) able and willing to pay more $$ to heat your home, operate your car (or transit), pay more for groceries (or anything transported to an outr let via truck, train, etc.)?

Yes.. i am exaggerating somewhat, however, if there are (literally) in excess of a trillion bbls of oil sitting at the surface of the Earth in a region throughout AB and SASK, do we ignore it and allow it to volatize into the atmosphere and leach into the aquifers/waterways or do we use it for society?

petros
Green fish wants you to ride a hemp and corn starch bicycle to work which is in a Woody Harrelson hemp products factory.

captain morgan
I thought as much... On a related note, this morning I heard on CBC (Tremonte's show the Current(?)) that they are discussing smokless-cooking stoves.

Why the interest? According to her, cooking fires are identified as the second largest source of anthro CO2 that is driving AGW... I'm inspired to listen only to hear what bastardized form of stats that she is employing.

taxslave

Green fish wants you to ride a hemp and corn starch bicycle to work which is in a Woody Harrelson hemp products factory.

That would be nice but I have developed a sensitivity to Hemp. No hemp cloths, No hemp seed no....very depressing.
On a brighter note there is a development in Victoria called Village Green that almost runs on its own waste plus some imported wood waste.
Many of us have smokeless cooking stoves, at least they don't smoke for some cooks. Run on this thing called electrickery.

GreenFish66
Ducks land on Syncrude tailings pond, again - *News - MSN CA (external - login to view)

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/news/96744-more-ducks-tarred-feathered.html (external - login to view) - More ducks Tarred in syncrude Tailing ponds...Yes Again !

Spade - " Will anything be done?"

Last time sycrude agreed to pay .$3 mil ...For 1600 birds ...So the cost has apparently been set ...I think it depends on the circumstances ...It would seem that this incident was more of a weather issue than negligence on sycrude's part.. ...It appears as though syncrude took measures to detour the birds, to no avail ...

In My Personal Opinion, there shouldn'e be ANY tailing ponds to begin with ..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speak for yourself petro's ...You don't have enough Green/Clean Tech Energy Capacity to speak for me ...Let alone yourself..

Do what you can ....You don't have to change,.. Until you'll have to ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

autos.ca.msn.com/reviews/2011...entid=26018570 (external - login to view)

autos.ca.msn.com/reviews/2012...entid=26083525 (external - login to view)

autos.ca.msn.com/specials/gre...entid=26082686 (external - login to view)

Just Look at all the Altermate options available now and into the horizon ...Green = Good ...Green = Go ...Green/Clean Tech ... Is Good to Go... Forever Forward into the Future...
Last edited by GreenFish66; Oct 26th, 2010 at 06:19 PM..

mentalfloss
Uh-oh spaghettios...

Alaska's untapped oil reserves estimate lowered by about 90 percent - CNN.com (external - login to view)

Considering our daily consumption rate of oil, that reserve will last only 44 days.

captain morgan

Speak for yourself petro's ...You don't have enough Green/Clean Tech Energy Capacity to speak for me ...Let alone yourself..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011 Chevrolet Volt first drive - 1 - *- Autos - MSN CA (external - login to view)

2012 Nissan Leaf first drive - 1 - *- Autos - MSN CA (external - login to view)

Mercedes-Benz B-Class F-Cell first drive - 1 - *Green Centre - Autos - MSN CA (external - login to view)

Just Look at all the Altermate options available now and into the horizon ...Green = Good ...Green = Go ...Green/Clean Tech ... Is Good to Go... Forever Forward into the Future...

How many of these are you currently using?

GreenFish66
Is not all about me, (is about all .you too ).Captain Morgan .. I use as few Dirty Energies as possible ...Use kenetic Energy mostly ...Try to add as much healthy food into the system when necessary/possible...What about you ...Cap.M?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://torontosun.autonet.ca/autos/search/galleries/2010/10/26/pf-15833226.html (external - login to view) - Always gotta laugh at The T.O. Sun ..Always soo Conservative..At least they're reluctantly Acknowledging Green/Clean Tech Energy ..is here now ..is the future..

City's overseas environmental office will close: Ford | Toronto Votes 2010 | News | Toronto Sun - Toronto's Oversea's Environmental office will close ?

Guess Mayor Ford needs more money for Hamburgers.(A Heart felt Welcome to Mr.Ford).

Time to put Toronto on a diet that includes Greens. ...put some more choices on the menu ..Like a Lean burger with lettuce and Tomatoes ...Pickles ...Onions ..Mushrooms,.maybe even some spicey hotta peppers...mmmm mmmm Good ..

So much more to put on a burger than just meat...

Peace or Pieces ?
Peace ...

.. OR ... 1 Big whole Piece ..In/Under Certain Circumstances/On Special Occasions..

Man I'm hungry!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2010/10/27/edmonton-suncor-tailings-ducks.html - Dead duck toll Rises...

http://www.syncrude.ca/users/folder.asp?FolderID=5913 (external - login to view) - Here's Syncrude's testimonial - They acknowledge the problems ..Even offer solutions ...Only problem/Question is ...When will they be done with it ?
More commitement needs to be shown/proven .. ....

--------------------------------------------------

Bluck! ...Greasy Oil' Duck... Not hungry anymore..
Last edited by GreenFish66; Oct 27th, 2010 at 07:10 PM..

GreenFish66
What an amazingly incredible magazine . I recommend it to Anyone/ Any Futurist who wants to discover the way of the future, right now..They have the right idea..

Wired Issue 18.10 | October 2010 | Charge! | Magazine| Wired.com (external - login to view)

Wired News (external - login to view)

Wired | Wired Magazine (external - login to view)

Cover Browser - Wired Magazine (external - login to view)

The Web Is Dead. Long Live the Internet | Magazine (external - login to view)

http://twitter.com/#!/wiredmag (external - login to view)

http://twitter.com/#!/WiredFeed (external - login to view)
Last edited by GreenFish66; Nov 19th, 2010 at 07:23 PM..

GreenFish66
Metro - Ontario electricity bills to double in 20 years (external - login to view) - I wonder if most oil' Con. Politicians / Associates/Affiliates can get past Rudolph's Glowing Red Nose to see the Sustainable/Prosperous Future that is Green/CleanTech ..
.Plan It Green Game, Environment, Facts, Photos, Information -- National Geographic (external - login to view) - Here this kids game might help get them started ..

petros
Quote:

You make your list, I'll make mine and we'll see.

GreenFish66
You make your list man , but I'm guessin' all your gonna get from Santa this year is a lump of oily coal .