Green/Clean Tech


petros
#61
What's stopping your from going geothermal you planet killer?

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Going green is supposed to be an exercise that hurts Petros; if it doesn't hurt, you ain't doing it right

You gotta strike while the iron is hot. The money is gone now and going geothermal nearly tripled in cost in the past 4 years.
 
GreenFish66
#62
I am an Environmentally, Ecologically Aware, Social Conservative...Who just happens to think that what we need now , more than ever before, ... is.......

Yeah... you guessed it..

Green/Clean Tech ..

After all ...It is here now ...and ..It is the future..
 
captain morgan
#63
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

You gotta strike while the iron is hot. The money is gone now and going geothermal nearly tripled in cost in the past 4 years.


You caught on at the low-end of the trend... Good on ya.

Now that there's a population that proves the concept, the price reverts to market.

Quote: Originally Posted by GreenFish66View Post

I am an Environmentally, Ecologically Aware, Social Conservative...Who just happens to think that what we need now , more than ever before, ... is.......

Yeah... you guessed it..

Green/Clean Tech ..

After all ...It is here now ...and ..It is the future..



What practical actions are you taking to promote this?
 
petros
#64
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Going green is supposed to be an exercise that hurts Petros; if it doesn't hurt, you ain't doing it right

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

You caught on at the low-end of the trend... Good on ya.

Now that there's a population that proves the concept, the price reverts to market.

It wasn't market that drove the price up. it was the free money from the Govt. You gotta gouge while the iron is hot too.
 
Avro
#65
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Going green is supposed to be an exercise that hurts Petros; if it doesn't hurt, you ain't doing it right

Welfare bums like petros have been on the guvment teet to long, bout time he tried things on his own for awhile me thinks.

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

It wasn't market that drove the price up. it was the free money from the Govt. You gotta gouge while the iron is hot too.

See, told you.

Frickin socialist sponge.
 
petros
#66
Didn't you have the cash kicking around to buck up and wait for the govt cheque? That's too bad.
 
Avro
#67
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Didn't you have the cash kicking around to buck up and wait for the govt cheque? That's too bad.

Whatever you say spongebob.
 
captain morgan
#68
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

It wasn't market that drove the price up. it was the free money from the Govt. You gotta gouge while the iron is hot too.


That's what I'm driving at regarding market price. I'm guessing that you would have thought twice had those gvt incentives not existed
 
petros
#69
You only greener than I am in envy by the sounds of things.
 
Avro
#70
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

You only greener than I am in envy by the sounds of things.

Try making sense parasite.
 
petros
#71
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

That's what I'm driving at regarding market price. I'm guessing that you would have thought twice had those gvt incentives not existed

Nope because I'm a capitalist who has business sense and bought my pump and loop piping from the plumbing supplier on account saving the usual 60% mark up.

Grant Table | ecoENERGY Retrofit – Homes (external - login to view)

Install an earth-energy system (ground or water source) that is compliant with CAN/CSA-C448 and certified by the Canadian GeoExchange Coalition (www.geo-exchange.ca (external - login to view)) – applies to a new system or a complete replacement.
$4,375


The province matched the feds for another $4375


Hehehehehehe
 
captain morgan
#72
Hey Petros,

Looks like Avro is working overtime trying to get a rise out of ya.
 
Avro
#73
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Hey Petros,

Looks like Avro is working overtime trying to get a rise out of ya.

A rise?

Can't get a rise out of guvment dependant people.

You should know that.
 
petros
#74
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Hey Petros,

Looks like Avro is working overtime trying to get a rise out of ya.

Too bad for him. I did say thank you and I am saving the planet after all.

I can't wait to invest in "clean coal". WOOHOO...keep the "green" coming!
 
Avro
#75
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Nope because I'm a capitalist who has business sense and bought my pump and loop piping from the plumbing supplier on account saving the usual 60% mark up.

Grant Table | ecoENERGY Retrofit – Homes (external - login to view)

Install an earth-energy system (ground or water source) that is compliant with CAN/CSA-C448 and certified by the Canadian GeoExchange Coalition (www.geo-exchange.ca (external - login to view)) applies to a new system or a complete replacement.
$4,375


The province matched the feds for another $4375


Hehehehehehe

That's nice sponge.

Suppose you think you're saving the planet now.

What are you, an ecotard?
 
petros
#76
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Hey Petros,

Looks like Avro is working overtime trying to get a rise out of ya.

Quote: Originally Posted by AvroView Post

A rise?

Can't get a rise out of guvment dependant people.

You should know that.

You laid out the $20 grand and went geo thermal and refused the money? How ****ing noble is that?
 
captain morgan
#77
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Too bad for him. I did say thank you and I am saving the planet after all.


You almost would think that he'd be grateful.... The heartless bastard; wanting to harm mother Gaia


Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

I can't wait to invest in "clean coal". WOOHOO...keep the "green" coming!

Come to think of it, I'm involved in a conventional oil play that doesn't involve dirty oil sands oil, maybe Avro and the like-minded greenies might be on my side as my oil is clean and green
 
Avro
#78
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

You laid out the $20 grand and went geo thermal and refused the money? How ****ing noble is that?

I laid out what?

Why would I do that?

I burn used tires in my backyard to produce heat.
 
captain morgan
#79
Quote: Originally Posted by AvroView Post

I burn used tires in my backyard to produce heat.


Sweet.... Think about throwing your house hold garbage on top and don't forget the used motor oil.
 
petros
#80
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

You almost would think that he'd be grateful.... The heartless bastard; wanting to harm mother Gaia




Come to think of it, I'm involved in a conventional oil play that doesn't involve dirty oil sands oil, maybe Avro and the like-minded greenies might be on my side as my oil is clean and green

The Kindersly/Rosetown sweet pockets if I recall? From what understand the "clean coal CO2 sequestering" will use sour gas for co-jets since there will be minimal H2S risks. Good time to add a little of that to the portfolio too.
 
Avro
#81
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Sweet.... Think about throwing your house hold garbage on top and don't forget the used motor oil.


Thanks, didn't think of that.

To think I was letting those lazy union slobs pick it up at the curb.
 
petros
#82
Quote: Originally Posted by AvroView Post

I laid out what?

Why would I do that?

I burn used tires in my backyard to produce heat.

Is that what you and Brandeen use to smoke possum?
 
Avro
#83
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

You almost would think that he'd be grateful.... The heartless bastard; wanting to harm mother Gaia




Come to think of it, I'm involved in a conventional oil play that doesn't involve dirty oil sands oil, maybe Avro and the like-minded greenies might be on my side as my oil is clean and green

Frickin ecotards.

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Is that what you and Brandeen use to smoke possum?

Whatever you say sponge.
 
petros
#84
So I shouldn't invest my money on green tech and make out like a bandit and create non-union jobs?
 
captain morgan
#85
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

The Kindersly/Rosetown sweet pockets if I recall? From what understand the "clean coal CO2 sequestering" will use sour gas for co-jets since there will be minimal H2S risks. Good time to add a little of that to the portfolio too.

A new project. We're on the AB side this time looking into hitting the Cambrians... Thanks to the good folks in Sask that proved-up the Bakken plays with good tech, we're looking to apply similar.

I'm still not sold on the CCS investment opportunity. I've been hearing conflicting studies out of the States that don't support the tech.

Quote: Originally Posted by AvroView Post

Frickin ecotards.


.... But, but, but.... The oil that I'm extracting to fuel your car and heat your house is "clean"... Sparkling in fact.

Don't I get some brownie points?
 
Avro
#86
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

So I shouldn't invest my money on green tech and make out like a bandit and create non-union jobs?

Never said that, you can invest in any stupid thing (eco) you want and I commend you on not creating union slacker jobs.

Just don't do it with tax money, if you can't do it on your own don't do it at all.

Got it.

No hand outs.

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post



.... But, but, but.... The oil that I'm extracting to fuel your car and heat your house is "clean"... Sparkling in fact.

Don't I get some brownie points?

Why should I care if it's clean or not, just make it cheap.

I have plenty of tires though so don't worry your little greenie head about it okay.
 
captain morgan
#87
Quote: Originally Posted by AvroView Post

Never said that, you can invest in any stupid thing (eco) you want and I commend you on not creating union slacker jobs.

Just don't do it with tax money, if you can't do it on your own don't do it at all.

Got it.

No hand outs.


Except for wind energy.. That's different, right?
 
petros
#88
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

A new project. We're on the AB side this time looking into hitting the Cambrians... Thanks to the good folks in Sask that proved-up the Bakken plays with good tech, we're looking to apply similar.

I'm still not sold on the CCS investment opportunity. I've been hearing conflicting studies out of the States that don't support the tech.

SaskPower will go ahead with the clean coal plant eventually. It's far cheaper than importing CO2 from Minnesota.

Which is that? Kerogen extraction with electricity?
 
captain morgan
#89
Quote: Originally Posted by AvroView Post

Why should I care if it's clean or not, just make it cheap.

I have plenty of tires though so don't worry your little greenie head about it okay.


But I am selling it cheap... These are friend-prices that I giving it away at, hell, it's not like I'm asking you to put up a couple or 3 mil to get at it... Right?
 
Avro
#90
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Except for wind energy.. That's different, right?

Nah, I was only kidding about that.

As long as we have stuff to burn, keep burning it.

Heck, let's start burning copies of Al Gore's movie....plenty of gas in those.
 

Similar Threads

1
New tech site
by LostPuppy | Mar 15th, 2005
6
Tech - What would you like to see?
by gnuman | Sep 7th, 2004
0
What do you think of tech?
by gnuman | May 7th, 2003
no new posts