Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
News World

Legs lost to drink

Woman, 20, sues doctors after passing out

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Last Updated: 10th December 2009, 5:14am

Email Story Print Size A A A Report Typo Share with:
Facebook Digg Del.icio.us Google Stumble Upon Newsvine Reddit Technorati Feed Me Yahoo Simpy Squidoo Spurl Blogmarks Netvouz Scuttle Sitejot + What are these?

UNIONTOWN, Pa. -- A western Pennsylvania woman who drank herself unconscious celebrating her 20th birthday says a hospital didn't properly treat her, resulting in partial amputations of both of her legs.
Shanna Hiles' medical malpractice suit against Uniontown Hospital and one of its emergency physicians says she passed out while sitting on the floor with her legs tucked under her in May, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. Hiles was in that position for more than 12 hours, and she claims hospital officials didn't properly diagnose her condition and work to restore circulation to her legs.
Instead, Hiles claims she was transferred to a Pittsburgh hospital several hours later where both legs were amputated at the knee.

legs lost to drink

perhaps she should have tried not to drink herself into unconsciousness. :roll:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Perhaps you are right, spam. But back when I was a young un, I was known to drink my face off, at least a couple of times. I was damn lucky. This young woman wasn't.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well spammy if she lost her legs due to getting so drunk, alone, that she sat cross legged for 12 hours, it must be everyone's fault but her own. Right?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Whose fault was it that she got drunk? It seems to me that if you drink to excess, you take your chances and bear the consequences.
Hospital staff should know better than to let someone unconscious remain motionless for more than 4 hours, though. They are ordinarily cautious about bed sores.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Whose fault was it that she got drunk? It seems to me that if you drink to excess, you take your chances and bear the consequences.
Hospital staff should know better than to let someone unconscious remain motionless for more than 4 hours, though. They are ordinarily cautious about bed sores.

I think she was passed out for 12 hours then brought to the hospital, not sitting on the floor of the hospital passed out for 12 hours.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
one other thing that has me confused, what happened to all the friends and family members that attended the party? why didn't any of them help her? :-?