Dick Cheney - The Real Satan

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Blackwater Guards Tied To Covert Raids by the C.I.A.

Private security guards from Blackwater Worldwide
participated in some of the C.I.A.'s most sensitive
activities -- clandestine raids with agency officers against
people suspected of being insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan
and the transporting of detainees, according to former
company employees and intelligence officials.

The raids against suspects occurred on an almost nightly
basis during the height of the Iraqi insurgency between 2004
and 2006, with Blackwater personnel playing central roles in
what company insiders called "snatch and grab" operations,
the former employees and current and former intelligence
officers said.

Read More: http://www.nytimes.com?emc=na

Backwater USA as the Bush Praetorian Guard
By Stephen Retherford

Blackwater grew out of an exploration launched by Dick Cheney when he was still secretary of defense. Cheney commissioned from Halliburton a study of "how to privatize the military bureaucracy.” Soon after, Cheney himself became the CEO of Halliburton; and when he returned to government, the Iraq war gave him the chance to reduce to a practice the lessons of that study. Scahill leaves the reader to infer how many of the necessary phone calls Cheney today is thus in a position to make, to relevant officers in the defense department and in the two corporations at the heart of the war effort. He himself laid down the conditions for creating one of the corporations, led the second for many years, and has had a hand in rebuilding the government department twice over.

http://hoosierinva.blogspot.com/2007/01/blackwater-usa-as-bush-praetorian.html

Blackwater aka Xe Services LLC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackwater_Worldwide

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Gee, I thought Satan was Obama. Well, he is according to the forum right wingers. You're supposed to blame him for everything or didn't you know? ;)

Well, gopher, as the incidents being reported in the NY Times concerning Blackwater happened before Obama came to power, it is pretty hard to blame him.

Cheney, in my Canadian opinion, is evil incarnate. The man has not a single redeeming quality. That his 'dream team' is now coming under scrutiny is a good thing, not that it will hurt Halliburton much, unfortuantely. :smile:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
The deluded right wingers will blame Obama for anything. Not a single word of truth in their claims but they remain convinced that lies are truth and that 2 + 2 = 5.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The deluded right wingers will blame Obama for anything. Not a single word of truth in their claims but they remain convinced that lies are truth and that 2 + 2 = 5.

And boy you have those in spades down there, gopher. Just for light entertainment, I sometimes tune in Fox News (actually I can keep up-to-date on the EVIL Cheney there too :lol:). Some of those people, including the commentators or hosts or whatever you call the people who pretend to be delivering news these days, (deep breath, calm down) are absolutely out of there gourds, I fully expect to see them spitting venom one of these days. Between them and (what I think of as) the Militant Christian Right, you have some very, from my viewpoint, worrisome characters running around down there.

I have followed Obama's journey from the day he announced he was running for Pres. I admire him, a lot. I just wish he had been there to run against Bush in the last election. He has been saddled with so much and he has so much he wants to do. He has no money, his people need jobs, he's embroiled in a war that was not of his making, though I know he did vote as a Senator to go into Afghanistan. And futher to that, I believe he would have stayed in Afghanistan and got the job done long ago. He has had to handle the crash of major companies, and major banks, of the biggest housing and mortgage company in the world. Lets' see what have I missed. Oh yeah, he is still trying to mop up dumbya's mess in Iraq ( though dumbya was just a puppet of the Evil Cheney :lol:).

All in all, I would say the lad has a full plate and a very nasty oppostion backed up by an even nastier media.

I wish him well, I really do.

But then, that's just my opinion. ;-)

Reactions: gopher