Canada Now Admits It Allowed Torture

JBeee
Now ain`t that just like our American counterparts....first deny abuses till their blue in the face, then when the masses doze off, gradually start admitting to their evil deeds? lol

CBC News - Canada - General changes story on Taliban suspect

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by JBeeeView Post

Now ain`t that just like our American counterparts....first deny abuses, then when the masses doze off, gradually start admitting to their evil deeds? lol

Typical idiocy.

Canada did NOT allow torture, as is clear to anyone with the IQ and/or the ability to read.

Canadian troops turned over a detainee to the Afghan National Police.....when it became obvious he was being abused, Canadian soldiers reclaimed him from the ANP......not the easiest thing to do in their country, when they are your allies.

Canadian behaviour in this matter was beyond reproach.......until the ****ing politicians (on BOTH sides) got ahold of it.

Politics sickens me sometimes.

Liberalman
The defence minister must resign then the government has to call a public inquirey then the Liberals can get a majority and the Conservatives MPs can quit the party and join the Wildrose Alliance party of Alberta and the cycle can start all over again

darkbeaver
I see Mr Mckay may be asked to do the honourable thing, fat chance of that happening.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Typical idiocy.

Canada did NOT allow torture, as is clear to anyone with the IQ and/or the ability to read.

Canadian troops turned over a detainee to the Afghan National Police.....when it became obvious he was being abused, Canadian soldiers reclaimed him from the ANP......not the easiest thing to do in their country, when they are your allies.

Canadian behaviour in this matter was beyond reproach.......until the ****ing politicians (on BOTH sides) got ahold of it.

Politics sickens me sometimes.

So professor Colpy we have addmissions of torture from our limey and yankee allies and our Afghan allies but we are squeeky clean eh. How is it when the rest of the team steps up to the plate, rack in this case, that we are allowed a special dispensation to be nice? You have been a victim of your last remaining brain cell once again. The politicians have ruined your delusion. Damn them to hell.

Liberalman
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

I see Mr Mckay may be asked to do the honourable thing, fat chance of that happening.

We have to remember this minister in charge of defence is the same guy who led the Progressive Conservative party that decided to stand with Stephen Harper and merge the two parties.

This guy will hold a major portfolio in the Cabinet and if he is cut loose and put on the backbench, a lot of Conservative MPs are ready to cross the floor and give the Liberals the majority.

The PC wing of the Conservative party is just getting too tired of Harper’s inactions.

darkbeaver
Inaction is just as effective as action in our pseudo political environment, you know my position by now anyway, even if we conduct another shell game we will elect an Israeli pea in every case.

Liberalman

Inaction is just as effective as action in our pseudo political environment, you know my position by now anyway, even if we conduct another shell game we will elect an Israeli pea in every case.

Anti-semetic?

MHz
Not really when you take into consideration that Israel quite freely says the same thing. Certainly if America endures such screening then so does their tiny neighbor to the north.

(in part)
"Every appointee to the American government must endure a thorough background check by the American Jewish community.

In the case of Obama's government in particular, every criticism against Israel made by a potential government appointee has become a catalyst for debate about whether appointing "another leftist" offers proof that Obama does not truly support Israel. "
American Jews eye Obama's 'anti-Israel' appointees - Haaretz - Israel News (external - login to view)

We would torture our own citizens if it could be labeled a 'matter of National security'. Same as 'looters' can be shot without trial once Martial Law has been declared. Almost a paradox in that Martial Law would be called well after the looting started.

Liberalman
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Not really when you take into consideration that Israel quite freely says the same thing. Certainly if America endures such screening then so does their tiny neighbor to the north.

(in part)
"Every appointee to the American government must endure a thorough background check by the American Jewish community.

In the case of Obama's government in particular, every criticism against Israel made by a potential government appointee has become a catalyst for debate about whether appointing "another leftist" offers proof that Obama does not truly support Israel. "
American Jews eye Obama's 'anti-Israel' appointees - Haaretz - Israel News (external - login to view)

We would torture our own citizens if it could be labeled a 'matter of National security'. Same as 'looters' can be shot without trial once Martial Law has been declared. Almost a paradox in that Martial Law would be called well after the looting started.

What is Israel freely saying?

dumpthemonarchy
So, Canada helps invade a 3rd world country, involved in ugly conflict conflict for the better part of 3 decades, and expects not to be tainted with torture? lol!!

Had it only been a short affair, kick out the buggers and promptly leave, we wouldn't have this problem. But, that's what happens when you blindly and stupidly support the moronic military industrial complex and its long war theory. You get tainted, and we are.

lone wolf
So? Canadian cops have been known to thump around the odd "bad guy" here too. Tempers flare, shyte happens....

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

So? Canadian cops have been known to thump around the odd "bad guy" here too. Tempers flare, shyte happens....

Exactly....and that is wrong. But it is NOT torture.......

In addition, the Canadian Forces RECLAIMED the guy from the Afghan National Police to prevent any more abuse.

So what is the problem?

weaselwords

What's your point?
What's Israel got to do with a Cdn General admitting Afghani detainees wre handed to Afghani police or armed forces?

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by JBeeeView Post

Now ain`t that just like our American counterparts....first deny abuses till their blue in the face, then when the masses doze off, gradually start admitting to their evil deeds? lol

JBeee - You slither like a snake - The Terrorist was taken from the Afghan troops when they saw he was being beaten - Hats off to the Soldiers for protection someone that would slit the throat of a child - hang a teen from a tree - throw acid in the faces of female school children - who deliberately murdered young female children on their way to school - they gunned them down - So the Taliban are your heroes - Like i said - snake like.

Tell me what else about the West disgusts you and what it is about Islamic Fanatics that makes them so pure and innocent - Perhaps a thread by you listing the problems in western culture and how much better it is in Islamic Fundamentalist States - Like the Bahi in Iran -
Put up or shut up. Come on down and show your mettle - your belief structure - your morals - what you believe in. I am sure you won't because as I said you slither around on Forums with BS Threads.
Last edited by Goober; Dec 22nd, 2009 at 07:16 PM..

MHz
Gee Goober, when I used those same words to describe Israel you got all upset and called it propaganda. Does that make you a two-faced slithering snake? Those are the ones the US trained in the war against the USSR , naw that would mean the hard-core ones would be about 50yrs old on 2000.

Goober

Gee Goober, when I used those same words to describe Israel you got all upset and called it propaganda. Does that make you a two-faced slithering snake? Those are the ones the US trained in the war against the USSR

MHZ

Show me where Isrealis are using these tactics - Grow up - come up with a point that makes sense or FO

Spade
A Life Revealed - National Geographic Magazine (external - login to view)

From the article:
"It is the ongoing tragedy of Afghanistan. Invasion. Resistance. Invasion. Will it ever end? 'Each change of government brings hope," said Yusufzai. "Each time, the Afghan people have found themselves betrayed by their leaders and by outsiders professing to be their friends and saviors.'"

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

A Life Revealed - National Geographic Magazine (external - login to view)

From the article:
"It is the ongoing tragedy of Afghanistan. Invasion. Resistance. Invasion. Will it ever end? 'Each change of government brings hope," said Yusufzai. "Each time, the Afghan people have found themselves betrayed by their leaders and by outsiders professing to be their friends and saviors.'"

Brother Spade
I agree - If we leave it will come back to haunt us one way or another - this is a 20 or 30 years assistance program - civil and military - and it can succeed - many lives will be lost but if the West leaves then NATO is finished - along with Pakistan and we can then look forward to nukes going off in places that will cause massive US and European retaliation - No choice but to tough it out - clean out the corruption -

MHz
FO???? is not even a word. The point was made, the ones who do those things are the same ones that the US would have trained and funded and then abandoned to survive by their own devices. Why do you see that as being not important??
Evidence shows that some men have died, as prisoners and in not so small numbers. I'm still trying to find out if Canadian military were aware of how those events actually played. I assume they know all the 'dirty tricks'. The training for our 'mad dogs of war', does not come cheap. Nor do we send those ones on peace-keeping duty. On the front-lines or in the prisons in a time of war charges of treason and such might be dealt with quite quickly. Execution would be before their next meal was due.

Spade
You cannot defeat an insurgency. There aren't enough men in NATO even if all the nations were convinced.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Brother Spade
I agree - If we leave it will come back to haunt us one way or another - this is a 20 or 30 years assistance program - civil and military - and it can succeed - many lives will be lost but if the West leaves then NATO is finished - along with Pakistan and we can then look forward to nukes going off in places that will cause massive US and European retaliation - No choice but to tough it out - clean out the corruption -

Good thing this place is as high as you will rise in power.

Goober

Good thing this place is as high as you will rise in power.

So Doddering old fool has his crystal ball out - or Maybe a Ouija board - you would arrive at the answers you want.

Why not take up the challenge i offered to snake boy - both of you could collaborate and possible make a sentence that uses more the 2 syllable words.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by weaselwordsView Post

What's your point?
What's Israel got to do with a Cdn General admitting Afghani detainees wre handed to Afghani police or armed forces?

see post #6 where the point was made, we have signed security agreements with known torturers and known war criminals

Goober

see post #6 where the point was made, we have signed security agreements with known torturers and known war criminals

DB
Get out into the world of reality - Afghanistan has not had one branch of effective and honest Govt for decades - War is not clean - Yet you try to belive it should be and it is not.

Add in the tribal balances that must be part of the Govt - the power brokers tha could undermine the Govt, blood fueds and then the Talban - what do you expect - tell me.

darkbeaver
Torture: The Transfers of Afgan Prisoners
Letter to Canada's House of Commons

By Lawyers Against the War

Global Research (external - login to view), December 22, 2009
LAW (external - login to view)

Monday, December 21, 2009

Open letter to the Parliamentary Special Committee on the Canadian Mission in Afghanistan

Dear Committee Members:

Chair: Rick Casson, Vice-chair: Bryon Wilfert, Members: Jim Abbott, Ujjal Dosanjh, Francine Lalonde, Claude Bachand, Laurie Hawn, Dave MacKenzie, Paul Dewar, Greg Kerr, Deepak Obhrai:

Lawyers against the War (LAW) urges the Parliamentary Special Committee on the Canadian Mission in Afghanistan to recommend:

The immediate cessation of transfers of people taken prisoner in Afghanistan (prisoners) by Canada, to third countries, including Afghanistan; and,

That Canada immediately undertake effective protective and remedial measures with respect to all prisoners already transferred by Canada to third countries; and,

The creation of a judicial inquiry mandated to inquire into allegations that the transfers violate Canadian and international law and to recommend the civil and criminal remedies required by law.

Concerned Canadians know that people taken

darkbeaver

DB
Get out into the world of reality - Afghanistan has not had one branch of effective and honest Govt for decades - War is not clean - Yet you try to belive it should be and it is not.

Add in the tribal balances that must be part of the Govt - the power brokers tha could undermine the Govt, blood fueds and then the Talban - what do you expect - tell me.

Goober dearest, who do you think you are addressing in that tone eh? I am in the world goober you on the other hand exist in a myth. Could the Afghan problem with effective representative government possibly be associated with the occupation forces of those same decades do you suppose? I ask you when has effective indiginous government ever been conducted while that same nation was occupied by foriegn troops engaged in wholesale warfare on that same indiginous population?
If you can't offer better questions than your latest drivel how will you ever expect to be rewarded in your efforts to subvert the true humane forces now aligned against you. War is not clean? No kiddin einstien.

Goober

Goober dearest, who do you think you are addressing in that tone eh? I am in the world goober you on the other hand exist in a myth. Could the Afghan problem with effective representative government possibly be associated with the occupation forces of those same decades do you suppose? I ask you when has effective indiginous government ever been conducted while that same nation was occupied by foriegn troops engaged in wholesale warfare on that same indiginous population?
If you can't offer better questions than your latest drivel how will you ever expect to be rewarded in your efforts to subvert the true humane forces now aligned against you. War is not clean? No kiddin einstien.

Playing with that 220 volt again - how many times have i told you - your whole body works on electricity - in particular those little signal from your brain - circuits get crossed - would you listen - NNNooooooooooooo

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

You cannot defeat an insurgency. There aren't enough men in NATO even if all the nations were convinced.

Baloney:

Sri Lanka 2009
Burma 2009
Tibet 2009
Czechslovakia 1968
Hungary 1956
Malaysia....1950s
Poland (Warsaw) 1943
United States 1860-65
Canada 1837

Just off the top of my head.....
Last edited by Colpy; Dec 22nd, 2009 at 09:31 PM..

MHz

Why not take up the challenge i offered to snake boy - both of you could collaborate and possible make a sentence that uses more the 2 syllable words.

Why do you want us to write something you won't be able to understand?