Canada Now Admits It Allowed Torture

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Now ain`t that just like our American counterparts....first deny abuses, then when the masses doze off, gradually start admitting to their evil deeds? lol

CBC News - Canada - General changes story on Taliban suspect

Typical idiocy.

Canada did NOT allow torture, as is clear to anyone with the IQ and/or the ability to read.

Canadian troops turned over a detainee to the Afghan National Police.....when it became obvious he was being abused, Canadian soldiers reclaimed him from the ANP......not the easiest thing to do in their country, when they are your allies.

Canadian behaviour in this matter was beyond reproach.......until the ****ing politicians (on BOTH sides) got ahold of it.

Politics sickens me sometimes.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
The defence minister must resign then the government has to call a public inquirey then the Liberals can get a majority and the Conservatives MPs can quit the party and join the Wildrose Alliance party of Alberta and the cycle can start all over again

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Typical idiocy.

Canada did NOT allow torture, as is clear to anyone with the IQ and/or the ability to read.

Canadian troops turned over a detainee to the Afghan National Police.....when it became obvious he was being abused, Canadian soldiers reclaimed him from the ANP......not the easiest thing to do in their country, when they are your allies.

Canadian behaviour in this matter was beyond reproach.......until the ****ing politicians (on BOTH sides) got ahold of it.

Politics sickens me sometimes.

So professor Colpy we have addmissions of torture from our limey and yankee allies and our Afghan allies but we are squeeky clean eh. How is it when the rest of the team steps up to the plate, rack in this case, that we are allowed a special dispensation to be nice? You have been a victim of your last remaining brain cell once again. The politicians have ruined your delusion. Damn them to hell.:smile:

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
I see Mr Mckay may be asked to do the honourable thing, fat chance of that happening.

We have to remember this minister in charge of defence is the same guy who led the Progressive Conservative party that decided to stand with Stephen Harper and merge the two parties.

This guy will hold a major portfolio in the Cabinet and if he is cut loose and put on the backbench, a lot of Conservative MPs are ready to cross the floor and give the Liberals the majority.

The PC wing of the Conservative party is just getting too tired of Harper’s inactions.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Inaction is just as effective as action in our pseudo political environment, you know my position by now anyway, even if we conduct another shell game we will elect an Israeli pea in every case.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Not really when you take into consideration that Israel quite freely says the same thing. Certainly if America endures such screening then so does their tiny neighbor to the north.

(in part)
"Every appointee to the American government must endure a thorough background check by the American Jewish community.

In the case of Obama's government in particular, every criticism against Israel made by a potential government appointee has become a catalyst for debate about whether appointing "another leftist" offers proof that Obama does not truly support Israel. "
American Jews eye Obama's 'anti-Israel' appointees - Haaretz - Israel News

We would torture our own citizens if it could be labeled a 'matter of National security'. Same as 'looters' can be shot without trial once Martial Law has been declared. Almost a paradox in that Martial Law would be called well after the looting started.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Not really when you take into consideration that Israel quite freely says the same thing. Certainly if America endures such screening then so does their tiny neighbor to the north.

(in part)
"Every appointee to the American government must endure a thorough background check by the American Jewish community.

In the case of Obama's government in particular, every criticism against Israel made by a potential government appointee has become a catalyst for debate about whether appointing "another leftist" offers proof that Obama does not truly support Israel. "
American Jews eye Obama's 'anti-Israel' appointees - Haaretz - Israel News

We would torture our own citizens if it could be labeled a 'matter of National security'. Same as 'looters' can be shot without trial once Martial Law has been declared. Almost a paradox in that Martial Law would be called well after the looting started.

What is Israel freely saying?

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
So, Canada helps invade a 3rd world country, involved in ugly conflict conflict for the better part of 3 decades, and expects not to be tainted with torture? lol!!

Had it only been a short affair, kick out the buggers and promptly leave, we wouldn't have this problem. But, that's what happens when you blindly and stupidly support the moronic military industrial complex and its long war theory. You get tainted, and we are.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
So? Canadian cops have been known to thump around the odd "bad guy" here too. Tempers flare, shyte happens....

Exactly....and that is wrong. But it is NOT torture.......

In addition, the Canadian Forces RECLAIMED the guy from the Afghan National Police to prevent any more abuse.

So what is the problem?

weaselwords

Electoral Member
Nov 10, 2009
salisbury's tavern
Inaction is just as effective as action in our pseudo political environment, you know my position by now anyway, even if we conduct another shell game we will elect an Israeli pea in every case.
What's your point?
What's Israel got to do with a Cdn General admitting Afghani detainees wre handed to Afghani police or armed forces?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Now ain`t that just like our American counterparts....first deny abuses till their blue in the face, then when the masses doze off, gradually start admitting to their evil deeds? lol

CBC News - Canada - General changes story on Taliban suspect

JBeee - You slither like a snake - The Terrorist was taken from the Afghan troops when they saw he was being beaten - Hats off to the Soldiers for protection someone that would slit the throat of a child - hang a teen from a tree - throw acid in the faces of female school children - who deliberately murdered young female children on their way to school - they gunned them down - So the Taliban are your heroes - Like i said - snake like.

Tell me what else about the West disgusts you and what it is about Islamic Fanatics that makes them so pure and innocent - Perhaps a thread by you listing the problems in western culture and how much better it is in Islamic Fundamentalist States - Like the Bahi in Iran -
Put up or shut up. Come on down and show your mettle - your belief structure - your morals - what you believe in. I am sure you won't because as I said you slither around on Forums with BS Threads.

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Gee Goober, when I used those same words to describe Israel you got all upset and called it propaganda. Does that make you a two-faced slithering snake? Those are the ones the US trained in the war against the USSR , naw that would mean the hard-core ones would be about 50yrs old on 2000.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Gee Goober, when I used those same words to describe Israel you got all upset and called it propaganda. Does that make you a two-faced slithering snake? Those are the ones the US trained in the war against the USSR

MHZ

Show me where Isrealis are using these tactics - Grow up - come up with a point that makes sense or FO

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
A Life Revealed - National Geographic Magazine

From the article:
"It is the ongoing tragedy of Afghanistan. Invasion. Resistance. Invasion. Will it ever end? 'Each change of government brings hope," said Yusufzai. "Each time, the Afghan people have found themselves betrayed by their leaders and by outsiders professing to be their friends and saviors.'"

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
A Life Revealed - National Geographic Magazine

From the article:
"It is the ongoing tragedy of Afghanistan. Invasion. Resistance. Invasion. Will it ever end? 'Each change of government brings hope," said Yusufzai. "Each time, the Afghan people have found themselves betrayed by their leaders and by outsiders professing to be their friends and saviors.'"
Brother Spade
I agree - If we leave it will come back to haunt us one way or another - this is a 20 or 30 years assistance program - civil and military - and it can succeed - many lives will be lost but if the West leaves then NATO is finished - along with Pakistan and we can then look forward to nukes going off in places that will cause massive US and European retaliation - No choice but to tough it out - clean out the corruption -

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
FO???? is not even a word. The point was made, the ones who do those things are the same ones that the US would have trained and funded and then abandoned to survive by their own devices. Why do you see that as being not important??
Evidence shows that some men have died, as prisoners and in not so small numbers. I'm still trying to find out if Canadian military were aware of how those events actually played. I assume they know all the 'dirty tricks'. The training for our 'mad dogs of war', does not come cheap. Nor do we send those ones on peace-keeping duty. On the front-lines or in the prisons in a time of war charges of treason and such might be dealt with quite quickly. Execution would be before their next meal was due.