Truth Behind "Stop the TV Tax" Campaign

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Good article, my knowledge of the situation was based on soundbites (mostly due to my not caring at all about television)
I REALLY hate the "TV Tax" radio ad campaign already, just from the tone of it one can tell that the spots are designed to prompt those "affected" by them to adopt an indignant and totally ignorant point of view.
The notion that the "big bad government" is trying to pull a fast one on the poor cable subscribers is laughable, but it seems to be gaining a strong foothold.

A REAL "grassroots initiative" would be demanding the ability for people to pay only for the channels they actually want and scrapping the outdated "packages" that are presented as "the way it's gotta be"

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Good article, my knowledge of the situation was based on soundbites (mostly due to my not caring at all about television)
I REALLY hate the "TV Tax" radio ad campaign already, just from the tone of it one can tell that the spots are designed to prompt those "affected" by them to adopt an indignant and totally ignorant point of view.
The notion that the "big bad government" is trying to pull a fast one on the poor cable subscribers is laughable, but it seems to be gaining a strong foothold.

A REAL "grassroots initiative" would be demanding the ability for people to pay only for the channels they actually want and scrapping the outdated "packages" that are presented as "the way it's gotta be"
Right on, Mabudon.