Fed. Gov't approves swine flu vaccine

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
OTTAWA - Canada's largest-ever immunization campaign is about to get underway now that the federal government has approved the swine-flu vaccine.
Health Minister Leona Aglukkaq's office confirmed Wednesday an announcement would be made at 12:30 p.m. eastern time, allowing provinces and territories to proceed with H1N1 flu vaccinations as soon as possible.
"It's officially approved," said Tim Vail, a spokesman for Aglukkaq.
The Public Health Agency of Canada had said it was aiming to have the vaccine available in early November.
Other countries have already begun vaccinations. The United States has started giving swine-flu shots to people in groups thought to be at greater risk.
Japan started its vaccinations Monday and Britain started Wednesday.
In Canada, priority has been given to pregnant women, health workers, young children, people living in remote places, and adults with chronic conditions - the groups most vulnerable to the H1N1 virus - for the swine-flu shot.
Two million doses of the swine-flu …

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I heard an announcement on the news that so far all the swine flu deaths have been in people under age 25. That may not concern you but it concerns me. My grandchildren are certainly all well under the age of 25 and one has compromised lungs due to being born 3 months premature. His Dad was feeling pretty upset last night because that vaccine is not available yet. In his position - would you not feel concerned too? Look at the boy in my avatar. You are looking at him. He is twelve years old and spends his life in a wheel chair.

Last edited:

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Don;t let fear run/ruin your life..The choice is yours...I choose not to let the hype scare me...There are many things that can "get you"...

Live for life..

My son also has lung difficulties ..Care is necessary ..but please do not scare are be scared ...Gotta move positively/realistically forward ...be strong ..Fear is not our friend

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com

My son got the flu shot 1 year ended up severly ill with a flu not but 1
month later ..We were in the hospital all christmas..Never got another shot
since..He has been fine ..a little cold here and there but nothing
serious..Education/prevention is the key ...perhaps 1 day there will be a
cure..Until then ..Vaccines are not a cure..

My heart goes out to you vanisle ..always hard times..But we gotta try to get
through them so we can make sure we don't waste or forget the happy ones..

;-)

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I don't care about hype either. I trust my doc, so if she thinks I should get a shot, I will. She's a lot more expert at this sort of stuff than a bunch of peeps in here or newsmedia out there.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
If children between 6 and 10 need 2 shots...for H1N1 then 2 more for regular
flu?...1 shot ,21 days,second shot,21 days third shot,21 days 4 shots...That's
a lot of needles..

Is shutting down schools really effective or an over reaction?

How many times will schools shut down? ..

What is the criteria for school
closures?..

What if it is a simple common flu or a cold goin around...How can 1 be
sure..?

It would be good to know what flu you get so you know what shot to get
.No? No use gettin the common flu shot if you have the common flu..

To be sure the vaccine is safe .It would be beneificial to see all who
promote flu shots getting flu shots..Without making it manditory

Do microbiologists and others who study flu's for a living get flu
shots?..

Ignore or educate, discuss then make a dicision ..up to you .I trust my doctor too ,ask him , who tells them ,especially in a private health care system like the U.S..DR's only know so much .There super humans but they don't have all the answers..

Is it about $$$ or does the medical world really care about the Sheep/Slave drones?..Let's ask a Democratics, then a Republican .

If no one asked the questions how would we know the truth ?

I don't see any news stations having a good debate ..All one sided ..A little
Bias ..Perhaps because their is no opposition to flu shots and more specifically the REALITIES of
Swine Flu - Animal/human Flu's..and the cures for them..

I don't doubt A common flu exists ..But I am very sceptical about this "Swine " flu...It seriously looks like it was manufactured ...If it was..It would be good to uncover the truth ..No?..

Just lookin for info .Answers...Like everyone else..

I just happened to find a lot of Contradictions and conflicts in the answers professionals are giving .

If Swine flu is all a big Scam/ a farce being played out for $$$ .Self interest ..Wouldn't it be good to find out so we can ween out the scoundrels..?

There is B.S. in the medical/scientific world .Like everywhere else..Few bad ones could ruin it for the majority of good...Especially when it comes to advertising/promotion /Big Business and politcs..Let them all be heard...

BUT ,If Fear is being stirred up unnecessarily / on purpose by professional, to prey on the sheep/dogs for no other reason but $$$ ..They need to be exposed and stopped...

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If children between 6 and 10 need 2 shots...for H1N1 then 2 more for regular
flu?...1 shot ,21 days,second shot,21 days third shot,21 days 4 shots...That's
a lot of needles..

What is the criteria for school
closures?..

What if it is a simple common flu or a cold goin around...How can 1 be
sure..?

It would be good to know what flu you get so you know what shot to get
.No? No use gettin the common flu shot if you have the common flu..

To be sure the vaccine is safe .It would be beneificial to see all who
promote flu shots getting flu shots..Without making it manditory

Do microbiologists and others who study flu's for a living get flu
shots?..

Ignore or educate, discuss then make a dicision ..up to you .I trust my doctor too ,ask him , who tells them ,especially in a private health care system like the U.S..DR's only know so much .There super humans but they don't have all the answers..

Is it about $$$ or does the medical world really care about the Sheep/Slave drones?..Let's ask a Democratics, then a Republican .

If no one asked the questions how would we know the truth ?

I don't see any news stations having a good debate ..All one sided ..A little
Bias ..Perhaps because their is no opposition to flu shots and more specifically the REALITIES of
Swine Flu - Animal/human Flu's..and the cures for them..

I don't doubt A common flu exists ..But I am very sceptical about this "Swine " flu...It seriously looks like it was manufactured ...If it was..It would be good to uncover the truth ..No?..

Just lookin for info .Answers...Like everyone else..

I just happened to find a lot of Contradictions and conflicts in the answers professionals are giving .

If Swine flu is all a big Scam/ a farce being played out for $$$ .Self interest ..Wouldn't it be good to find out so we can ween out the scoundrels..?

There is B.S. in the medical/scientific world .Like everywhere else..Few bad ones could ruin it for the majority of good...Especially when it comes to advertising/promotion /Big Business and politcs..Let them all be heard...

BUT ,If Fear is being stirred up unnecessarily / on purpose by professional, to prey on the sheep/dogs for no other reason but $$$ ..They need to be exposed and stopped...

Your second guess. The hype and hysteria created by this swine 'flu' is beyond the pale. My little 8 year old grand daughter is very upset over all this nonsense. Six people in B.C. have died from it in the past 8 months, how many have died from heart disease, cancer, diabetis, traffic accidents?

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Thank you JLM where do you draw the line on all this ...

Can anyone answer me this....What is the difference between "common" flu and "swine" H1N1? ... If you get the common flu ..You don't need the common flu shot right?

Can you tell by thermometer temperature..?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Thank you JLM where do you draw the line on all this ...

Can anyone answer me this....What is the difference between "common" flu and "swine" H1N1? ... If you get the common flu ..You don't need the common flu shot right?

Can you tell by thermometer temperature..?

I'm NOT a doctor and I only know what I do know from listening to other people. My take is that while H1N1 appears to be more contagious, in severity it rates with the run of mill varieties which in themselves kills hundreds every year across Canada. If my heart, lungs or immune system were compromised I'd be quite concerned, but that is no excuse to be scaring the hell out of healthy little children. As*holes will do anything to sell a story.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

Have you thought about what happens when hospitals are overloaded? Australian experience:

Intensive care units recorded a 500 per cent increase in the number of critically ill flu patients with pneumonia in both lungs! That is not anything at all to scoff at.

Increase in all type A influenzas, of with H1N1 swine flu is one type, is up over 15 fold from previous years.

Pregnant women are for more likely to need ICU treatment, about 9% of all cases, but only 1% of population.

You don't need a degree in immunology, or virology to understand that these numbers pose a significant risk to public health.

Winter is just around the corner...

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Wash lots. I tote around a little bottle of waterless handcleaner when I am in town plus the big one in my Dakota. I think the stuff is mostly isopropanol but if it works, it works.