Foolish Obama

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Vladimir Putin, No Sanctions on Iran: Obama Sold Out Poland for Nothing

By Beth Shaw

It appears that Barack Obama sold out Poland for nothing. In spite of his preemptively giving in to Russia and promising to not use a missile shield to protect Poland and the Czech Republic, Vladimir Putin is saying no to sanctions on Iran. After all, how can we be absolutely 100% certain they are going to nuke us! Let’s just wait and see before we do anything.
It seems the only preventative measures the United States can take against our enemies anymore is to give Russia whatever they want, whenever they want it. Then, when the Obama Administration gives them what they want, the Russians ask for more. That would have been perfectly predictable for those of us who pay attention to foreign affairs and aren’t immersed in the naivete of Marxism and the delusions of narcissism.

I guess it all started when Hillary Clinton went to Russia on her first trip there as Secretary of State. The most revered diplomat in the United States misspelled the Russian word for ‘reset’ on that infamous ‘reset button‘ she gave the Russians.
That was the high point in our relationship with Russia since Obama took office.
The Russians were the first to throw down a gauntlet when Obama ascended to the Presidency of the United States. Then there was Obama’s visit to Moscow. He was not welcomed with the grandeur he’s become accustomed to, Russians didn’t shake his hand and Prime Minister Vladimir Putin spared him all of about 15 minutes. I strongly suspect that it took the savvy Putin about five seconds to size up Obama. He didn’t need more time than that to understand the empty suit that sat in front of him. From that point on, the Russians have been in control of our relationship with them. Putin didn’t bother meeting with Hillary Clinton at all. He left town.
Obama has relinquished more and more control of America and our position in the world to the Russians. He’s promised to quit protecting Poland and the Czech Republic. He’s offered to disarm the United States. He’s even offered to allow Russians to inspect America’s nuclear facilities. The naivete is staggering unless one thinks that he’s intentionally trying to turn the United States into a Third World Country. I don’t know which it is. I hope it’s the former rather than the latter. It’s just hard to believe someone is THAT clueless.
It’s hard to know whether to worry or not about all the power that Obama is giving away. He’s not known for keeping his promises. But making these promises to our enemies is making this a decidedly more dangerous world.
It seems that in spite of all the overtures to Russia, Hillary Clinton’s recent meetings with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov have been an epic fail for the Obama Administration. No only did they get everything they want from us, they are giving us absolutely NOTHING in return. Vladamir Putin not only said there would be no sanctions on Iran, he said there would be not threat of sanctions on Iran. As could be predicted, Clinton immediately capitulated. My goodness, we are surrendering faster than France these days!
It seems Obama sold out Poland for nothing. Absolutely nothing. The question that we are left with is how much more American power will Obama surrender before he realizes he’s being played.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I don't know; you have a picture of Putin, followed up by "Only_______ would love that gutless being"

I can't figure out why you'd say that about Putin.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
I don't know; you have a picture of Putin, followed up by "Only_______ would love that gutless being"
Putin is a tough guy all right but the reason you can't figure out why ,is your inability to understand the word "no";...... north of the 49th, eh?

Last edited:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Next time you're not busy exploiting the peasants, learn some geography.

Nope ,I don't exploit peasants ; beside their wages I'm paying for their children's education .What's the beef about the geography , go fly a kite.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
I got into the first sentence and couldn't get past the ridiculous assertion that the proposed US "missile shield" was designed to protect Poland and the Czech Republic- that is dead wrong, if anything scrapping the project made things better between Poland and Russia- apparently the author didn't do any research into the official statements out of Russia concerning the "missile shield"- tho I suppose that was wise since facts would render the entire article comical

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Colpy

Quoting lone wolf Do the Russians still hate China?
Yes.
Nope ,I don't think so Colpy ;perhaps the politicians ,not the ordinary citizens .We have allot of Russians living in China in cities like Harbin ,Shenyang they're here because of higher standard of living than in Russia. I have a dear friend from Vladivostock ,Russia ,who came here to Qingdao with his wife 8 years ago to teach English.Both of them graduated as an English Teachers in their country but moved to China and enjoy better standard of living.The Chinese people accept foreigners which includes Russians , without any reservations.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
''sold out Poland''

As I mentioned before, Poland is part of the EU and NATO. It has nothing to fear from Russia.

Only the ignorant delusional far right say it because they are looking for yet another excuse to attack Obama. But as always, there isn't a word of truth in their maniacal rants.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I'm glad someone else noticed that Ron. I thought this was called Canadian Content. Not that we shouldn't talk about what's going on in the world but ......
is Obama all that important in the lives of Canadians?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I'm glad someone else noticed that Ron. I thought this was called Canadian Content. Not that we shouldn't talk about what's going on in the world but ......
is Obama all that important in the lives of Canadians?

It was the same thing here 3 years ago except every other thread was about GWB.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
I think the important part about Canadian Content is that we can talk about Steve and people know who we mean.

Anyways, I'm with Mabudon on this one. This article could be farcical if it was not serious.