Nothing is real

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
I beg you to stick with this clip until the very end. The last minute of this video is mind-blowing. This is not an exercise in evidence-free paranoia-mongering.

Cannonfire

jambo101

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2009
Montreal
So what you are implying is that all news is BS and shouldnt be trusted?
Then i guess its kinda pointless to watch anymore news programs as they are all pure fiction.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
So what you are implying is that all news is BS and shouldnt be trusted?
Then i guess its kinda pointless to watch anymore news programs as they are all pure fiction.
wow, if I didnt know better, I'd have thort you were an Indigo......

jambo101

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2009
Montreal
Stretch I'm not getting the underlying meaning of your responses like Crystal :-?
Or Indigo, you seem to be assuming i know the rest of the sentence,:-?
Its early and i'm probably having a senior moment ya wanna jog my memory.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Legally, your mark carries the same weight as your signature. Ballots are from a time when it was common for pepole to not know how to make a signature.

Don't take my word for it. Look it up! You have the world at your fingertips.

I did.
Our government doesnt encourage us to sign legal documents with pencils.
Look it up,you also have the world at your fingertips.:roll:

I bieleve you also need a witness if you can only use a mark instead of a signature.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
A ballot is a legal document. If you sign with anything other than an 'X' or in anything other than pencil. it becomes a "spoiled ballot"....

So where has our government encouraged us to use pencils?

Or are you just shooting from the hip again?:roll:

Try filling out your passport in pencil,see what happens.;-)

Last edited:

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I hear Ginseng puts lead in your pencil. What does this have to do with manufacturing the Snews?

Cliffy, that was my father's favourite saying!
"________ puts lead in your pencil."
Now, I realize most of those foods gave you lead poisoning!

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
So where has our government encouraged us to use pencils?

Or are you just shooting from the hip again?:roll:

Try filling out your passport in pencil,see what happens.;-)

I have scrutineered many an election. If the mark is anything other than an 'X' or in anything other than pencil, it is a spoiled ballot. No shooting from the hip, just simple fact. The point isn't passports or anything else. The point is a ballot MUST be marked with an 'X' in lead. That's why they put that little pencil there. So, there IS a document that is legally signed in pencil. Knock off the side-tracking, nit-picking and semantics. You are wrong.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I have scrutineered many an election. If the mark is anything other than an 'X' or in anything other than pencil, it is a spoiled ballot. No shooting from the hip, just simple fact. The point isn't passports or anything else. The point is a ballot MUST be marked with an 'X' in lead. That's why they put that little pencil there. So, there IS a document that is legally signed in pencil. Knock off the side-tracking, nit-picking and semantics. You are wrong.
Heres the original quote.
and here in oz and canada, we are still encouraged by the government, to use a pencil on a legal document

So ya,your shooting from the hip unless you think that statement is true.
Why you brought ballots into it is beyond me.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
This is right from your link.

3.1.2 Insufficient grounds to reject ballots

A ballot should not be rejected by a judge simply because it was:
  • marked by the deputy returning officer in a manner other than as set out in the Act [284(2)] - Ballots that were objected to during the initial count have been marked by the deputy returning officer with a number that coincides with a number listed in the poll book. [286(1)] The judge may not examine the poll book. [304(2)]
    The judge may summon the deputy returning officer to give evidence under oath. [304(5)]
  • marked with a symbol other than a cross - An elector may mark a ballot with a cross or other mark in the circular space opposite the name of the candidate of his or her choice, provided that the mark cannot be used to identify the elector. [151(1)(b), 279(1)(e)]
  • marked with a writing instrument other than a black lead pencil </B>[304(3), DRO Manual]