Black on Black crime

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
October 06, 2009
Black Leaders Ignore Black-on-Black Crime
By E.W. Jackson Sr.

On Thursday, September 24th, after an apparently productive day at Fengler High School in Chicago, Derrion Albert, a black 16 year old honor student was knocked to the ground by a blow to the head with a railroad tie. He was then punched, kicked and stomped. Those who responded to rescue him were too late.
Derrion had walked into the middle of a fight between two rival black gangs. He attempted to help one of the victims in the melee and was killed for his trouble. This took place in Barack Obama's Chicago. All his work for "social justice" did a great deal for Obama, but it did nothing for Derrion Albert. Of course the President is not responsible for this tragedy, but it does expose the fatuous claim that such occurrences are the result of social injustice rather than the personal choice to engage in lawless behavior. The ghettos, drugs, gangs and violence are on display for all to see in spite of Jeremiah Wright, Louis Farrakhan, Acorn and all the community organizing.

Treating poor black people as victims to be "organized" has been an abject failure. They are human beings to be educated, inspired and required to take responsibility for their own lives. The tragedy here is that Derrion was doing just that and it was working, but the malignant pathology of the ghetto spread to him on that unfortunate day and ended his promising life.

There is another tragedy. The so called black civil rights leaders have been mute. Had this been a white gang attacking a black gang member, they would have jumped in front of every camera and microphone available to decry racism and injustice in America. If it had been a black criminal with a long rap sheet, killed in a confrontation with a white police officer, there would be protests and perhaps riots against systemic racism in the police department.

Yet in this case and others like it, there is a deafening silence from some of the biggest mouths in America. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Julian Bond, Louis Farrakhan and the Congressional Black Caucus see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil. When Prof. Henry Louis Gates, Jr. was arrested by a white police officer, President Barack Obama -- without any facts -- found it necessary to put in his two cents. Here in Chicago, the salient facts are abundantly clear and a heinous murder has been committed in his home town, but the president is silent. Malicious, homicidal maniacs brutally killed a decent young man on the streets Obama "organized," but he has nothing to say. The self-appointed, media supported "black leaders" have not seen fit to hold a press conference or a rally supporting Derrion Albert and his family and condemning the perpetrators of this vicious crime. They have not called for witnesses to come forward.

There's a reason for their uncharacteristic silence. Derrion's murder does not fit the black liberation narrative. As one civil rights leader said to me, "If we focus on black on black crime, we let white folks off the hook." Never mind that the leading cause of death among black males ages 18 to 24 is homicide by other black males. In one interview before Obama was elected, Michelle Obama commented on threats to Barack Obama's safety saying, "As a black man, Barack can get shot going to the gas station." What she did not say is that his likely killer would be another black man. Blacks are only 13% of the population, but over 40% of the murder victims. Ninety Three percent of those black victims are killed by other black people. As a black man, I am far more wary of the real black criminal than the imagined white racist.

Absentee fathers, abortion, drug use, gangs and black on black crime have a much greater impact on people's lives than theoretical systemic racism, but these issues do not fit the liberal paradigm to which civil rights leaders are hostage. The problems of the black community must be understood solely as a social justice problem inflicted on blacks by whites. No other explanation is worthy of discussion, and woe to those dare suggest otherwise. In truth the civil rights spokesmen have another agenda which supersedes the well-being of black folks -- their personal financial and political well being.

Liberal benefactors and foundations are not interested in addressing social pathologies which can only be eliminated by change of values, stable families and the willingness of fathers to parent their children. The government's coffers are closed to moral judgments and spirituality. Faith in God, parental love and discipline to instill values of decency and responsibility are the antidotes to gangs, crime and drugs. However, allegations of racism, discrimination and social injustice are far more marketable for the Rainbow Coalition and the NAACP.

The people who killed Derrion are monsters. Monsters come in all colors, but these happen to be black. They are not victims. They are cold-blooded criminals with no regard for human life. Maybe when the so called black leaders start speaking out against gangs and criminals as parasites instead of victims of society, there will be fewer real victims like Derrion Albert.

Same could be said for Canada. We could include aboriginals, too.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
This isnt a canadian issue. A black on Black crime is no different then a white on white crime. Obama should be quiet on this one.

There is another tragedy. The so called black civil rights leaders have been mute. Had this been a white gang attacking a black gang member, they would have jumped in front of every camera and microphone available to decry racism and injustice in America. If it had been a black criminal with a long rap sheet, killed in a confrontation with a white police officer, there would be protests and perhaps riots against systemic racism in the police department.

When your white in America, your dammed if you do and dammed if you dont.

Sharpton, farrakan jackson should have been talking about gangs as the main problem since day one. But those racist fools only care about shaking whitey down for money..

An aboriginal killed an aboriginal in my city this year and a white person killed a white person also this year. Who cares....

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Criminals are not discriminating people, IMO. They pick on anyone they think makes good prey.
Johnnny has a point.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Maybe when the so called black leaders start speaking out against gangs and criminals as parasites instead of victims of society, there will be fewer real victims like Derrion Albert.

Same could be said for Canada. We could include aboriginals, too.

Ummm, BULL $HIT. Do you think a gang member gives a flying phuck about what Al Sharpton says, Jesse Jackson says, etc? They live a comfortable life, the gang member is probably selling drugs and fighting over whatever small piece of territory he gets in the pie. If Al or Jesse tried to call them criminals and parasites, they'd get beat too.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
This isnt a canadian issue. A black on Black crime is no different then a white on white crime. Obama should be quiet on this one.

Quite right, Johnnny, black on black crime is an Americanism, it doesn’t concern us. We don’t have that many blacks anyway. We have Natives, Asians etc., but not blacks in the sense they have in USA.

Our ‘blacks’ (i.e. Asian immigrants) mostly tend to be middle class and upper middle class. Apart from some gang violence in BC, my guess would be that they are involved in crime less than white folks are.

So this is really not our issue, our concern.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Of course we have black on black crime...all crime should be our concern, our issue. Just because it isn't as bad as a neighbouring country, does not mean we should feel OK about it...that is nonsensical.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Quite right, Johnnny, black on black crime is an Americanism, it doesn’t concern us. We don’t have that many blacks anyway. We have Natives, Asians etc., but not blacks in the sense they have in USA.

Our ‘blacks’ (i.e. Asian immigrants) mostly tend to be middle class and upper middle class. Apart from some gang violence in BC, my guess would be that they are involved in crime less than white folks are.

SJP - Best check the stats

The Daily, Wednesday, February 13, 2008. Study: The 2006 Canadian immigrant labour market: Analysis by region or country of birth

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States

I wouldn't use because we don't have any as a excuse, sort of cuts down the reasons why everything is so much better up there. Yes, we have black on black crime, Hispanic on Hispanic crime and sometimes a Whitey get in the mix, along with Indian, Chinese, Koreans, Vietnamese you name it. But mainly they prey on each other., have a code of silence that makes it harder to solve the crimes. By the way, it is your issue, it is everyone's issue. Do you know how many unsuspecting Canadians come down here and walk right into a crime. You have to keep this in your mind, no matter what you personally feel about Americans, we do have a very big influence over you.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario

So what is your point, Goober? This tends to support what I said. Of course unemployment among recent and very recent immigrants is going to be very high, among those just landed, unemployment is 100%.

It takes time for an immigrant it establish himself in Canada. There is the question of getting his qualification approved, which can sometimes be a long process. Any work experiences he has won’t be in Canada, so at least some employers will look at it suspiciously. Also, let us face it, there is still some residual racism in Canada.

But once the immigrants are established here, there is very little difference between their unemployment and that of Canadian born, except with the case of Africa. That is the red column and the black horizontal line (drawn at 5%).

It may well be that we take a lot of refugees from Africa, so they are not as well qualified as their Asian counterparts.

But compare this with unemployment among blacks in USA (much higher than for whites), and the difference between unemployment among well established immigrants and that for native Canadians is insignificant (except for Africans). And even for Africans it is not a whole lot (7.6% as opposed to 5%).

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I Do you know how many unsuspecting Canadians come down here and walk right into a crime. You have to keep this in your mind, no matter what you personally feel about Americans, we do have a very big influence over you.

I can well understand that, ironsides, people can be very ignorant. Especially if they live in a low crime area in Canada (and we do have high crime areas), they may take it for granted that there is very little crime in USA where they are going.

However, I am always cautious when I go to USA. I try not to venture out at night. Even when I go for walk during day time, I always ask at the hotel if it is safe.

Recently we visited Yellowstone; we lived in a town called Cody. Now, an area like Yellowstone would seem to be perfectly safe. However, I did check at the hotel desk before going out for a walk. Our hotel was in an isolated area and I would be walking in almost wilderness. But they assured me that it was OK.

Anyway, once when I was walking by the roadside, Sheriff’s car stopped by and asked me if I was Ok, if I needed any help. I had been walking for quite a while, I was hot, sweaty and red all over (Wyoming sun can be very hot in summer). So maybe he thought that I needed help, I don’t know.

I assured him that everything was OK, and I lived in a hotel just a couple of blocks from there. He went on his way. But that made me feel even safer. If the police do patrol the streets from time to time, presumably there is nothing to worry about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
So what is your point, Goober? This tends to support what I said. Of course unemployment among recent and very recent immigrants is going to be very high, among those just landed, unemployment is 100%.

It takes time for an immigrant it establish himself in Canada. There is the question of getting his qualification approved, which can sometimes be a long process. Any work experiences he has won’t be in Canada, so at least some employers will look at it suspiciously. Also, let us face it, there is still some residual racism in Canada.

But once the immigrants are established here, there is very little difference between their unemployment and that of Canadian born, except with the case of Africa. That is the red column and the black horizontal line (drawn at 5%).

It may well be that we take a lot of refugees from Africa, so they are not as well qualified as their Asian counterparts.

But compare this with unemployment among blacks in USA (much higher than for whites), and the difference between unemployment among well established immigrants and that for native Canadians is insignificant (except for Africans). And even for Africans it is not a whole lot (7.6% as opposed to 5%).

SJP

Check further and they have the same high rates in the 2nd - 3rd generation - Part of my post regarding Islam the enemy within - The stats are their and you are an expert at such things and know your way around Stats Can far beater than I.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
SJP

Check further and they have the same high rates in the 2nd - 3rd generation - Part of my post regarding Islam the enemy within - The stats are their and you are an expert at such things and know your way around Stats Can far beater than I.

I checked it, goober and I didn’t find it. As I see it, the article compares unemployment among immigrants (very recent, recent, established etc.) with those Canadian born.

It says that while unemployment among very recent and recent immigrants is higher than that for Canadian born (perfectly understandable), there is not much difference between unemployment among well established immigrants and Canadian born, even among Africans (7.6% as opposed to 5%).

Where does it cover 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants? I didn’t see it.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I checked it, goober and I didn’t find it. As I see it, the article compares unemployment among immigrants (very recent, recent, established etc.) with those Canadian born.

It says that while unemployment among very recent and recent immigrants is higher than that for Canadian born (perfectly understandable), there is not much difference between unemployment among well established immigrants and Canadian born, even among Africans (7.6% as opposed to 5%).

Where does it cover 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants? I didn’t see it.

I read a detailed article a few months ago and depending upon what ethnic group - African - Asian - Arab etc - 2nd and 3rd generation incomes levels vary quite widely by etnic groupings. I will see what I can find but no promisies.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I read a detailed article a few months ago and depending upon what ethnic group - African - Asian - Arab etc - 2nd and 3rd generation incomes levels vary quite widely by etnic groupings. I will see what I can find but no promisies.

No problem, Goober. There probably is available something on the internet. My point was just that the link given by you didn’t cover it.