And Steve Harper on Piano

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Do'ya suppose if we all made a big fuss about his gift, he'd go into the industry and leave politics alone?
Well if Bill Clinton can blow on his horn and have his horn blown - how much trouble is Harper getting into playing the piano?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I think the utmost classic appearance of a sitting politician in a public forum was Richard Hatfield, on Air Farce. His role was that, on cue, he would walk out on stage, and say 'Hi!'.

They started the skit with some chatter, and right on cue, one of them said, 'And how are you today, Mr Hatfield?', at which point he appeared and delivered his line...it was priceless, coming not long after his incident with his luggage during the Queen's visit. The crowd absolutely roared, and once he got over the shock, he lauged, too.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
:-? Whats a loupes? and see a molecule with what?
A loupe is a small fairly powerful magnifier. Jewellers usually use them when grading stones and stuff.

Harpy reminds me of Campbull in brand spanking new plaid shirt, brand new jeans, and a new cowboy hat holding a guitar trying to look homey and neighborly. What a laugh.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
On my computer, Steve appears an odd shade of purple. Is that from extreme effort to appear personable?
Come on - no sour grapes. He did just fine and why is it an extreme effort to appear personable? He was obviously comfortable singing the song which means that he is obviously familiar with singing and playing the piano. He did just fine.
I didn't find anything laughable about it. He did a great job for a non-professional singer. He actually has a rather pleasant singing voice.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I heard Iggy dismissed it because, as Iggy put it, "He sings as good as I do".

Mikey is self destructing and it ain't going to be pretty.