Many swine flu deaths linked with second infection

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
WASHINGTON - Many people who have died of swine flu infections in the United States have also had bacterial infections, health officials reported on Wednesday.
A study of 77 patients who died of the new pandemic H1N1 virus showed 29 percent of them had so-called bacterial co-infections, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported.
About half of these had Streptococcus pneumoniae, which can be prevented with a vaccine, the CDC said.
The CDC has already reported that H1N1, declared a pandemic in June, has become more active as weather cools and schools return from summer breaks. Cases are reported in all 50 states.

http://bing.search.sympatico.ca/?q=g...&setLang=en-CA

They will find something that will help. There are probably some other bacterial infections that react like the Streptococcus. For instance it is a fact that SARS bacteria remain in the intestines for years after you have had the disease. Due to lingering bacteria our immune systems are compromised and lack the strength to fight off new diseases.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
WASHINGTON - Many people who have died of swine flu infections in the United States have also had bacterial infections, health officials reported on Wednesday.
A study of 77 patients who died of the new pandemic H1N1 virus showed 29 percent of them had so-called bacterial co-infections, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported.
About half of these had Streptococcus pneumoniae, which can be prevented with a vaccine, the CDC said.
The CDC has already reported that H1N1, declared a pandemic in June, has become more active as weather cools and schools return from summer breaks. Cases are reported in all 50 states.

http://bing.search.sympatico.ca/?q=g...&setLang=en-CA

They will find something that will help. There are probably some other bacterial infections that react like the Streptococcus. For instance it is a fact that SARS bacteria remain in the intestines for years after you have had the disease. Due to lingering bacteria our immune systems are compromised and lack the strength to fight off new diseases.

For instance it is a fact you are completely in error.

SARS is a coronavirus and not a bacterium.
There is a huge difference.

Secondary bacterial infections are extremely common after a viral infection.
Roughly speaking what happens is the virus infection can cause some cell damage when it reproduces (by hijacking the cell itself).
This causes our immune system to fire up and we tend to get the itchy scratchy throat, the sneezing and the watery eyes or the upset stomach and burned out feeling.
There is no cure for a viral cold infection.
It usually just burns itself out.
Antibiotics will not help.
Immunization against a virus simply alerts and tunes up our immune system in preparation for a particular virus.

However, sometimes bacterium will take advantage of the weakened immune defences as well as the damaged and inflamed cell structures remaining after a viral attack.
These opportunistic bacterium may already be living quietly in the body or we may pick them up in our travels.
This is kinda gross but whatever.
If you have a cold and about a week or more into it you develop a nasty, rattly cough and fever.
And you start hacking up that horrible green gunk.
That is now a secondary bacterial infection.
Your viral cold has allowed a secondary bacterial infection to take hold in your lungs.
And now antibiotics will indeed work.
And that is why you need to keep in touch and follow the advice of your local health practitioner.

As another example AIDS or HIV is another virus.
It slowly but surely destroys the bodies immune system.
AIDS doesn't kill you.
All the secondary infections that take hold after your immune system is compromised is what kills AIDS victims.

Thus it is to be expected that some swine flu sufferers will pick up secondary bacterial infections.
It's a common and somewhat expected occurrence after all.
If the swine flu hits our immune system very hard (check into cytokine storms) it will just make it all the easier for commonly existing bacterium to invade our weakened bodies.
Follow your health practitioners advice if you have concerns.
Trex

Reactions: gerryh

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Universal Vaccine? 1 cure for all could be found in san diego ?..How's that possible? - Some are saying ...Is A flu a flu is a flu ?

If 1 gets "A" flu ..Would "A" flu shot still benefit that 1 from getting the next "B" flu going around..?

Would "A" flu shot prevent others from getting the next"B" flu that 1 person gets..?Hmmmm?...

Flu shots are a farce..Non effective .Due to mutation ..Unproven .Therefore, how can medical workers be forced to get flu shots..?..

More politics and business then proven science ..That's a dangerous mix..1 flu shot at the beginning of the season doesn't prevent a person from getting the same mutated flu at the end of the season ..Unless it is the same flu ,in which case, 1 shot is all that is needed..? .

.What happens with left over flu vaccines ?...What ,specifically ,is the difference between seasonal flu a h1n1/swine flu..

Where did it really come from?

.Can 2 flu's mutate together to form a new flu?....Or is ..A flu , a flu is a flu!...

No matter what you do..You just might get it...So Get over it..The spinning you feel in your head and belly ,could simply be all the B.S. politics and business games played ,for the easy money gains, seasonal drugs can sustain .

Prove a cure ,or prove what a flu shot is good for.

Pandemic Hype can raise the fear .But without 1 cure ,1 shot .Unsure .That a mutating flu remains unclear,Uncured.Is the only thing 1 knows for sure .

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
"Flu shots are a farce..Non effective .Due to mutation ..Unproven .Therefore, how can medical workers be forced to get flu shots..?.."

SORRY, that statement is dead wrong. I used to get a doosy of a flu about once a year, which would more or less put me out of commission for a week. About 20 years ago I started getting the annual flu shot and in all that time I've not had one bout as serious as I used to get.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Swine flu will spread like wildfire when the shots come out.

Wait and watch............ if you are still around.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Swine flu will spread like wildfire when the shots come out.

Wait and watch............ if you are still around.

Yeah, things have been too quiet lately- time to start a major panic and stampede, it's what is known as a self-fulfilling prophesy.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The Africans know the truth about "free vaccines".

I'm not sure if a valid comparison could be made there. I suspect a lot of Africans are basically in ill health and under nourished and probably their immune systems may not be up to snuff to begin with.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'm not sure if a valid comparison could be made there. I suspect a lot of Africans are basically in ill health and under nourished and probably their immune systems may not be up to snuff to begin with.

Maybe you haven't heard about Baxter and tainted vaccines or the spread of HIV in Africa through vaccines?

This halloween when the kids come to the door with UNICEF boxes do them a favour and tell they about how that money is used to sprerad disease rather than prevent it.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Where did this flu originate.?.

Where did it come from.pigs ? Really ?..Heard the same B.S about avian flu ..Sars..etc.More hype than true facts when you look back..

It is hard ,almost impossible to get a flu from another animal..Unless it was manufactured to specifically target humans ..Years and years of evolution ...
1 yr it's bird flu's , next year pig flu, mad cows and while we're at it lets throw in a couple other overpopulated meat market foods..B.S..

Let's Just watch and see (unconfirmed)swine flu /H1N1 cases go up ..While common flu goes down..Unless it's all one 1 and the same of course ..

I will be keeping my eye on countries who are not vaccinating to use for comparrison..(With A lot of interest in new york(Clintons?, Obama? links)

The W.H.O and linked interest groups raised the alarm way too soon..

Too much advertising!..The little "swine flu" pigglet was good 4 pubicity,not much else..

Over exagerated jibberish...Playing on common fears of death and illness is sad..

Shot or not makes no overall difference on flu's or the flu season ..(provide proof)

Without a cure ..Flu vaccines are useless.. unproven..

Cure the common cold ..I'll believe..Until then ..Education ,Prevention and good hygeine is the only proven solution to deal with the bugs and micro cosmos

I've never had a flu shot .Never had a major flu..

knock on wood.

AAAAAHHHCHEW....8O;-):smile:

Last edited:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
It is hard ,almost impossible to get a flu from another animal..

First sensible thing I've seen you write.

This is exactly why this strain of flu is causing concern; it's a strain that has not been seen in humans before, and therefore it is expected that people will have little or no resistance to it.

That's what has people concerned.