Breaking news!!

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Avril Lavigne drops husband Deryck Whibley

Canwest News ServiceSeptember 17, 2009

According to various publications, Avril Lavigne, the Napanee, Ont. scare-crow, has dumped fellow Canadian rocker, Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley.

It appears Canadian cuper-clut Avril Lavigne has said later-boy to her skater boy.

According to various publications, the Napanee, Ont., songstress has dumped fellow Canadian rocker, Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley.

Lavigne, 24, is said to have asked Whibley, whom she married in 2006, to move out of their Los Angeles mansion.

According to Us Weekly magazine, a friend said "she dumped him and told him she was leaving him. She wants to move on. Divorce papers will be filed any day now."

The Scarborough, Ont. born Whibley, is reportedly "crushed" by the demise of the relationship and Lavigne's demand he leave their $9.5-million, (10.5 million Cdn) 12,000-square-foot house.

According to reports, Lavigne is apparently so determined to turn the page on the relationship that she has opted to cut tracks from her forthcoming CD. Whibley, 29, is said to have produced eight of the nine songs recorded for the album at the couple's studio in Tarzana, Calif.

A friend told Us Weekly, "She is going to do new songs that don't have his mark on them. She wants no trace of him."

Rumours of a rift between the two grew louder in recent months. In August, Lavigne was spotted partying with friends with her husband nowhere to be seen.

Back in June, Whibley went to the premiere of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, while Lavigne was photographed partying with friends in Saint-Tropez, in the French Riviera.

Lavigne has since been spotted by tabloids partying it up with other men at Los Angeles clubs and just days ago, Lavigne promoted her new clothing collection at New York Fashion Week, but Whibley didn't attend.

The two married in July, 2006 in a traditional wedding in front of family and friends in Montecito, Calif.

"I'm the best thing that's ever happened to him," Lavigne, said of Whibley, in the April 2007 issue of Jane.

"We have a really good, strong relationship," she said at the time. "There's a lot of trust."

Last month, more innuendo emerged about the rockers' reportedly rocky relationship.

Avril reportedly wanted to spend some alone-time in Manhattan. "She wanted to get away from Deryck and have a weekend to herself," a source told the New York Daily News.

The Complicated Girl reportedly had a great time with her pals and didn't appear to be shy with the boys, either, according to the Daily News.

"She kept running up to the photographers and asking to see the pictures they took," says one partygoer.

One report suggested the couple had not been photographed together since last Christmas.

Speaking recently to Entertainment Weekly magazine, about her fourth album, which is expected to be released Nov. 17, Lavigne said, "I'm turning 25 this year. 25, but not 35. Half of me is really older-acting and the other half is a young spirit.

When I'm really old, I think I'll be crazy, and have a young spirit and be fun. But yeah. I am an adult. But sometimes I still feel like I'm 19."

Representatives for both performers did not immediately comment on the reports.

Last edited:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
If I was in the market for an air head with a middling bit of talent, and too much of an opinion of her own abilities, I'd give her a call.

The best music she did was when she collaborated with Chantal Kreviazuk

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
That transition from punk, teen, rock ingenue/rebel into a 25 year old woman is a difficult one. I guess dumping the classic, bad/punk boy toy is part of growing up in rock celebrity world.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
For some reason JBeeeeeeeeeeee's got a hate-on(or is that a hard-on?) for Avril and he posts about her whenever he can.;-)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
She quit school at 16 and is a known junkie. That pretty much are the qualifiers for being an uneducated junkie.

She is merely a marketed entertainer and not much of a musician.

I can play her music better than she can. If she wants to be a real "rock star" she can get off the junk, finish grade 12 and can take geology. Would do the dumb kid some good.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Lots of people(sucessful or otherwise) have quit school without completing their education. I don't fault her for that.

As for the junkie comment, this is the first I've ever heard of it before.8O

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yup and just like the majority of uneducated kids who get rich she'll be broke and sitting in the loonie bin on the taxpayer dollar.

I give her two more years before she blows a gasket and ends up "bi-ploar" like the majority of young junkies with money.

It is too bad so many with potential to hone their skills get caught up and spit out by the commercial entertainment machine and their true talents never shine.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
She quit school at 16 and is a known junkie. That pretty much are the qualifiers for being an uneducated junkie.

She is merely a marketed entertainer and not much of a musician.

I can play her music better than she can. If she wants to be a real "rock star" she can get off the junk, finish grade 12 and can take geology. Would do the dumb kid some good.

A litlle bit jealous, I see.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Nah....I don`t hate her Shadow. Though I wish she`d brush her teeth more often. eeww!!

You, on the other hand, ALways cause me to squirm in my chair every time I see you pop up here....(I always picture you slouched with a fag dangling from ruby-red lips in only stained, pink pantys and a skimpy bra for some odd reason)...ever since we `met` on line way back when.:smile: And no, I`m not a homersexual nor do like women that pretend to be men, like wasser name, Allen Degenerous.

:cool:

For some reason JBeeeeeeeeeeee's got a hate-on(or is that a hard-on?) for Avril and he posts about her whenever he can.;-)