New Sport; Tipping over Smart Cars

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We might have known it would start in Alberta. Punks with not enough to do have found a new pastime: They are tipping over Smart cars.

CTV.ca | Edmonton pranksters tipping over Smart cars

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
This so-called "prank" doesn't take a bunch of guys. One man can do it. Apparently you just have to get the car rocking and eventually it will go over.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Windows, exterior mirrors and panelling on the car were damaged, and despite the outrage of owner Kevin Spaans, amused bystanders posed with the flipped car and snapped photos with their cellphone cameras.

Oh bff Edmonton, such a friendly town.

strange

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2009
Toronto
"We don't want no energy efficeny out here in oil country. Lets get drunk, watch ufc and go car tippin!!! booo hooda hooooo!!!'

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
This so-called "prank" doesn't take a bunch of guys. One man can do it. Apparently you just have to get the car rocking and eventually it will go over.
The easiest way is to open a door and use it as leverage:smile:

Don't ask me how I know that ...(fifth amendment and all):lol:;-)

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Everyone used to do strange things with volkswagon bugs too. Poor Avon Lady in our town used to get up to hers being lifted onto the sidewalk every weekend. Kids were always moving them to somewhere awkward to deal with.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Everyone used to do strange things with volkswagon bugs too. Poor Avon Lady in our town used to get up to hers being lifted onto the sidewalk every weekend. Kids were always moving them to somewhere awkward to deal with.

UBC Engineering students used to put a Volkswagon Bug up on top of the Lion's Gate Bridge about once a year. They don't seem to do that sort of thing much anymore. The thing was, that the Students always came up with their own car, so nobody was suffered to wait for their car to be taken down. The students treated it as an engineering problem to get the vehicle up there. Basically, they took the car to pieces and put it back together in place atop the bridge. I don't remember anyone ever getting hurt at this.
Tipping over the Smart Cars is another matter. Someone's property is being damaged and that is irresponsible, regardless how funny it seems.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
UBC Engineering students used to put a Volkswagon Bug up on top of the Lion's Gate Bridge about once a year. They don't seem to do that sort of thing much anymore. The thing was, that the Students always came up with their own car, so nobody was suffered to wait for their car to be taken down. The students treated it as an engineering problem to get the vehicle up there. Basically, they took the car to pieces and put it back together in place atop the bridge. I don't remember anyone ever getting hurt at this.
Tipping over the Smart Cars is another matter. Someone's property is being damaged and that is irresponsible, regardless how funny it seems.
I do remember that now. I also agree that the toying with the Smart Cars is very irresponsible. With ins. deductible at around $500.00 now, it is probably pretty costly too.