Donald Marshall dead at 55

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yes, I read this the other day. Believe it or not, it managed to make to the news paper in the small town I was vacationing in, in Northern Ont.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yes, I read this the other day. Believe it or not, it managed to make to the news paper in the small town I was vacationing in, in Northern Ont.
Cool.
I think it surprises people that bigotry has shown its face in our courts as recently as that. Might have shocked a few here, too as you are the only one that's commented on Marshall and the bigotry surrounding his case.
What blows me away is that some small-minded idiot actually suggested he was at fault for his own wrongful conviction.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Cool.
I think it surprises people that bigotry has shown its face in our courts as recently as that.
Ahh hell, the courts in certain places in Canada are still not colour blind Anna.

Might have shocked a few here, too as you are the only one that's commented on Marshall and the bigotry surrounding his case.
People read a name on a forum title list, they don't recognise it, they don't read it.
What blows me away is that some small-minded idiot actually suggested he was at fault for his own wrongful conviction.
Of course he was at fault! He made the mistake of being born 'red'.

I hope I don't actually have to make that 'sarcastic purple' lol.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Ahh hell, the courts in certain places in Canada are still not colour blind Anna.
I'm not color blind either. I just don't place a whole lot of importance on the colors of people. I am wearing khaki today. :D

People read a name on a forum title list, they don't recognise it, they don't read it.
No curiosity, I guess. lol I see a name that sounds familiar I go snoop.
Of course he was at fault! He made the mistake of being born 'red'.

I hope I don't actually have to make that 'sarcastic purple' lol.
Nope. I got it.
What annoys me sometimes is that there are people that would say, well, it's done with, get over it. It shouldn't be done with and over until the bigoted attitudes that still exist are gone.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm not color blind either. I just don't place a whole lot of importance on the colors of people. I am wearing khaki today. :D
Just a weird lil question, do you like or prefer natural colour tones like khaki or olives? That's pretty much all I own in the way of clothes colours, lol.

No curiosity, I guess. lol I see a name that sounds familiar I go snoop.
But the name was familiar to us. Most would recognise it it if it was tatooed on their foreheads.
Nope. I got it.
That wasn't actually meant for you, I figured you'ld get it, but there are some that miss the obvious.
What annoys me sometimes is that there are people that would say, well, it's done with, get over it. It shouldn't be done with and over until the bigoted attitudes that still exist are gone.
I would agree, but one can not let that dictate ones life. If you can manage to make it a lifes work, in a positive manner, then more power to ya. If it begins to consume you, it is no longer worth the venture.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I caught a news story on this several days ago. Dead at 55...quiet guy....
had a double lung transplant...was falsely accused and did years behind
bars due to this. I hope I'm remembering the right story.

I thought is was another story of the unjust like David Milguard and many
others falsely accused and incarcerated, and later freed due to advances
in DNA testing, etc.... I didn't realize that race had anything to do with the
story, to be honest....but just another person in a long list of mistakes by
the Justice System.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I didn't realize that race had anything to do with the
story, to be honest....

Racism didn't. It's just alot easier to accept that excuse than to acknowledge that the judicial system is brutally mismanaged and completely and utterly incompetent. Donald Marshall is but one story among many.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Just a weird lil question, do you like or prefer natural colour tones like khaki or olives? That's pretty much all I own in the way of clothes colours, lol.

But the name was familiar to us. Most would recognise it it if it was tatooed on their foreheads.
That wasn't actually meant for you, I figured you'ld get it, but there are some that miss the obvious.
I would agree, but one can not let that dictate ones life. If you can manage to make it a lifes work, in a positive manner, then more power to ya. If it begins to consume you, it is no longer worth the venture.
Yeah, Anna pretty much likes earth tones. Beiges, khakis, browns, greens, but she does like pink and purple, too.
I like blues, greens, blacks. I hate the bright orange nomex we have to wear. But it is relatively cool to wear. Plastic is a definite nono unless it's easily dropped like brainbuckets.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I caught a news story on this several days ago. Dead at 55...quiet guy....
had a double lung transplant...was falsely accused and did years behind
bars due to this. I hope I'm remembering the right story.

I thought is was another story of the unjust like David Milguard and many
others falsely accused and incarcerated, and later freed due to advances
in DNA testing, etc.... I didn't realize that race had anything to do with the
story, to be honest....but just another person in a long list of mistakes by
the Justice System.
Yeah. I think I heard about it being racial from Anna's dad. Apparently the case helped rearrange the justice system a bit. It still needs work.