Fed Conservative removed after grant to gay pride week

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
$400,000 for Gay Pride Week?

Explain to me, exactly, why my tax dollars should be spent this way........

I like Diane Ablonsky, but this is an outrageous waste of cash.............

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No matter how it's spun, if she gave them money, she should be bounced.

That spectale is a travesty to common decency and a blight on the gay community.

Perhaps it's the company I keep, but of all the gay people I know, not one of them support the gay pride parade, no any of its peripheral festivities.

And I quote...

I spend 364 days of the year, being a regular citizen. Disproving myths and battling stereotypes. And it takes these assholes 1 day to ruin everything I accomplish.
SCB's cousin.

Matthiew

Jul 7, 2009

lmao
just exactly what i think .thanks

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

I object to a lot of things done with my tax money. This isn't big enough to care about.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I'd rather have my tax dollar go elsewhere, too, but even 400 G's is a drop in the bucket to that white elephant we call a firearms registry, or the amount spent on GG's and LG's, or the amount spent on a more-or-less useless senators, or the amount spent on cops, courts, etc. to deal with pot.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Does Hetero Pride exist or not ? I don't really know .

No. You are not considered a special interest minority group. Why, doesn't the Santa Clause Parade suit your needs? How about Canada day, Easter Parade, or may be Remembrance Day?:roll:

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Anybody know how much money the Pride parade and the associated events brings into the GTA?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I just read a CTV article from 2007, and it puts the economic impact of the Pride events in at approximately $80 million. On a budget of about $1 million. So, that $400,000 might not be such a bad investment if it helps to either maintain the numbers during a weakened economy, or even to grow the event.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto

I agree. And on top of that especially in these tough economic times.

Chev

Electoral Member
Feb 10, 2009
Alberta

...........but this is an outrageous waste of cash.............

I agree totally, Colby. Curious to know what other cities have this parade and how much governments pay for them, including Edmonton. Not happy at all.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Diane Ablonczy a well-respected Conservative MP who is a lawyer and always defended Harper to be humiliated is another sign that the Conservative's armour is cracking.

She held the file even though there was another person appointed to the file she held it until it was officially taken away from her.

She never had to get permission but because she gave money to the Gay Pride week she was publicly chastised.

On the news the other day they showed all the federal leaders serving food to the Stampede people and then they all gave speeches in their various tents and what has the Conservatives worried is that for once the liberal tents were full of Albertans that wanted to hear what Michael was saying.

We have to remember that the Conservatives lost a riding in Edmonton so the voters are seeing that a Conservative government cannot deliver what they promised.

I feel a Liberal majority in the next federal election.