china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Next Article

Sobieski does Poland, vodka's homeland, proud

http://www.examiner.com/x-13174-Vodka-Examiner
July 2, 10:19 PM

.iconpanel a { text-decoration:none; color:#006699};.iconpanel a:hover { text-decoration:none; color:#006699}.emailshowing { display:none}
2 comments

ShareThis
RSS

Email
Print

Sobieski Wodka Polska

The recipe for the #1 cocktail in Poland

1. Shot glass
2. Sobieski Vodka
The Polish are a robust, hearty people. Sobieski, Poland's number one premium vodka, is a robust and hearty spirit, and it would take a people of like disposition to drink it out of a shot glass.
At its price point, Sobieski vodka should make one cringe and hold one's breath before drinking. What it does is make you recalibrate your jigger, and question your drink-mixing talents, as every drink you make suddenly tastes much stronger than you are used to. Sobieski contains the standard 40% alcohol by volume, but has a body common to liquor of much higher alcoholic concentration.
A fifth sells for about thirteen-dollars; no other spirit sold so reasonably is this good. Thirteen-dollar vodkas are most commonly good for removing stains and stripping paint. Sobieski is good for drinking.
Unless you happen to be first, or perhaps second generation Polish, you likely can't handle Sobieski from a shot glass, and will want to mix it with something. You will find Sobieski an ideal mixing vodka. Pure and full bodied, it will not demure to any soda, juice, or martini-flavoring in which you may hope to mask it. With its indomitable spirit, even those who lament the blasphemous dilution of liquor can enjoy Sobieski in a cocktail.
The overriding strength of Sobieski is nothing to fear. Simply accept that your favorite drink now tastes like a double, and respect the power of Poland's #1 vodka.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
db
Send me a bottle, I'll test the product for free this time because I like the bottle.
I

If I will find a bottle of Jan Sobieski here in China , I will send to you ,empty ofcourse - just the way you like it db.
I,ll do the testing .

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I've got just under 1/2 a 26oz of "LUKSUSOWA" Polish Vodka left
over from the weekend before the last weekend. It's pretty good !!!

Our cocktail is a bit modified from the Polish recipe it seems.
-First you need at least one metal coffee can, and a couple of bundles
of fresh mint leaves, and several cans of frozen lemonaide (or pink
lemonaide), icing sugar, and lots & lots of BOOZE....
-Take a couple of mint leaves and give them a twist to break the leaves
to release the mint oil, and rub them all around the inside of the coffee
can.....then rip them up and throw them into the can.
-Fill the can just over 3/4's full of ice, dump in a can of frozen lemonaide,
and then fill the empty lemonaide can with vodka and dump that in too.
-Throw on top of that, about two mounded teaspoons of icing sugar and
snap the lid onto the coffee can.
-Wrap a tea towel around that can, and (holding the lid on) shake that can
'till the tea towel frosts to that can (a minute or two at most), and it WILL
frost to the can no matter how hot it is outside. Men can shake the can
in front of them, but Women have to shake the can above their heads.
I don't make the rules...I just follow them.
-Pull off the lid (but don't lose it!), and drink, and pass the can....whomever
drains the can makes the next one. We call this: "Can's!"

I guess this might be kind of a Prairie Family Cocktail. 8O :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Is there any difference amongst Vokkas. The few times i buy it, i've bought Wyborowa, but i'm partial to whiskies, especially Irish. I know vodka was invented in Poland, so i assume they are pretty good at it. Is there a difference between them and Russian Vodkas. I know the Polish recipe calls for pure rye grain as the main ingredient, the Russians don't use potatos or beets or something do they. I understand you can make it out of just about anything. :smile:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
coldstream,
I understand you can make it out of just about anything.
Yes, but be careful what you use.
You can make a good spirit out of sugar-it's called "bimber"and if you distill it few times it becomes like a crystal and is very smooth and potent.If you only distill it once ,then it will smell like a natural fertilizer .