China to build world's largest amphibious aircraft

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
[SIZE=+1]China to build world's largest amphibious aircraft[/SIZE]
China National News
Thursday 25th June, 2009
Zhuhai (China), June 25 (Xinhua) China has given the go ahead to the development and production of the world's largest amphibious aircraft, the Dragon 600, the manufacturing company has said.

The aircraft, which would be as large as an Airbus 320, could be used for tasks such as emergency rescue, fighting forest fires and sea patrols, Hu Haiyin, deputy general manager of AVIC General Aircraft Company, said Wednesday.

Hu said that market research indicated a domestic market for 60 such craft in the next 15 years.

The research and design stage, which has already begun, would last for four years, with commercial production to begin in at least five years, Hu added.

The first construction phase is scheduled for completion in 2012 and the company plans to have 1,500 employees
Could Canada design "something "and build it?( I know space arm).
I mean something recently ; something that can be used in Canada by Canadians not in space . Just wondering .

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
China National News
Thursday 25th June, 2009​
I mean something recently ; something that can be used in Canada by Canadians not in space . Just wondering .

Has China designed and built it yet?

Ever heard of the CL 415? ... just for starters.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
China National News

Ever heard of Bombardier???

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Juan, Lone Wolf; cool videos. I have a couple of friends work, (or worked, they're probably retired by now) for the OMNR. I bombed for a bit, but it's not an old feller's game, kinda like driving a three dimentional Indy 500 for days, or weeks, at a time for 6 months of the year. But the jet would've been a hoot.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
China National News

Yes we could if our parasiticle capitalist hadn't shipped the industrial capabilities to China.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Juan, Lone Wolf; cool videos. I have a couple of friends work, (or worked, they're probably retired by now) for the OMNR. I bombed for a bit, but it's not an old feller's game, kinda like driving a three dimentional Indy 500 for days, or weeks, at a time for 6 months of the year. But the jet would've been a hoot.

Many years ago I took the controls of a North Star. I was the only passenger and I knew both pilots. It was a bit like flying through molasses. The controls responded like the mail. Easy to get into an over control situation. Thank God I had two guys who knew what they were doing to bail me out.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
lonewolf
Go soak your head - inverted and completely underwater for at least twelve minutes. Take three deep breaths while you're at it.
What ever you say ,just have fun,no on is going to hurt you ,lw

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Many years ago I took the controls of a North Star. I was the only passenger and I knew both pilots. It was a bit like flying through molasses. The controls responded like the mail. Easy to get into an over control situation. Thank God I had two guys who knew what they were doing to bail me out.

For an F-86 jockey, an unassisted North Star would be lots like going from a Ferrari to a dump truck....

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Should raise the price of bamboo by a few dollars. For fire fighting turbos are probably too fast, I think a prop would be better.