HD Wrap Around Glasses

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Overheard an ad in a program my mother's watching about the "amazing hd wrap around glasses" and thought I'd see what there is on the net about them. I found just what I suspected:

I saw the ad on tv about the wrap around colored glasses. Thought that would be a good thing to have since they fit over your regular glasses. I ordered two pair, one for me and one for my daughter. They came and the glasses were pretty good although they slip a little over your glasses. Then I saw the invoice!! They had said I ordered three pair, and here is how they charged me, I thought I was buying 2 pair, with the night vision pair (free), each of the colored glasses for 19.99 plus 5.98 shipping (they are really charging you 12.00 for each pair with the night vision and they don't weigh more than a feather):

sub total: 59.97
S/H 38.94
Sales tax 0
total 98.91

I almost dropped over! I called their customer service and told them I wanted to return both glasses because I felt I had been ripped off. I had to talk to two people. The first argued that I had probably mistakenly ordered 3 pair and even tho I didn't get it they didn't get it back. The second person finally gave me credit for the third pair and will give me credit for the 2 when I return them. It still cost me the 38.94 for the shipping plus shipping to send them back. I DO NOT recommend ordering any item from this company. All products have their own website but if you order, the invoice will list idea village as the place to call for customer service. Beware of over priced shipping and handling charges and check invoice for added items you didn't order. That way they make extra money on shipping and handling charges by adding items you will want to return. Also be sure if you want to return something you will only have 30 days from the date you ordered the item.
- HD wrap around glasses Complaints - charges

Sound & Vision Magazine - HDVision WrapAround 'High Definition' glasses

Does anyone know if the HD WrapAround Sunglasses being advertised on TV have 100% UVA & UVB protection?

On a similar note, I heard a CBC radio guest the other day say he'd been researching infomercials. In a nutshell, he said most are quite ingenius and effective at conning people into buying products, but most products don't live up to the hoopla in the ads.
Buyer beware? If it's such a good product, why does it take them an extra length ad to sell it? Wait till your neighbor buys it and then ask neighbor what they think.
I did that with that loudmouthed schnook, Billy May's miracle putty. Friend got 3 or 4 tubes of this goo and it doesn't work any better than any other product except he paid (after shipping and handling) something like $20 a tube for stuff that's only as good as that from stores that sell tubes of goo for $8 or $9.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Thanks Gil, as I have a piece of paper on my counter, and on it I wrote 'HD Sunglasses'. I saw the commercial one day a few weeks ago, and thought
they looked good, but I have never done anything about it, as I don't like
ordering through tv ads. The paper is allready in the garbage.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
slap the monkey or is it slap the chopper looks interesting how Vince can throws the competitors chopper in the sink without looking but if you watch the relfection on the glass cabinate it is flying the wrong way.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Shipping and handling pays for the infomercials, plain and simple. If you see something you like the look of from an infomercial, head on down to the 'as seen on tv' store. No point in dropping shipping and handling if they're willing to. Plus you can often SEE it, TOUCH it, tell if it's crap (which it is 90% of the time. lol).

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
infomercials is impulse buying where you phone the order dest and order you really don't care how much it costs only that you have to have it now.