Whats with all the excitement/paranoia ...

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
The excitement is that they have a different ideology than us and our leaders fear for their jobs.

There is also that the proliferation of such weapons could lead to terrible wars with planetary consequences such as wide spread radiation or currently exploitable territories could cease to be so i.e., they could defend themselves.

We believe in freedom as long as people choose our (western) ideology (corporatism and cleptocracy).

Oh, and for the morons here: don't bother trying to say I'm defending N Korea.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
There is also that the proliferation of such weapons could lead to terrible wars with planetary consequences such as wide spread radiation or currently exploitable territories could cease to be so i.e., they could defend themselves.
The planet has been nuked 2401 times with 527 being above ground and 2 on human targets in 64 years and you don't think there has been any consquences to human life?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
...over N. Korea`s recent decision to test some nukes?
I`m of the thought if all countries the US feel an easy target to bully and invade, Iran included, had their own means of defense, the world would be a dam safer place than it currently is.

Obama: N. Korea ‘recklessly challenging’ the world | Antiwar Newswire

(sigh) North Korea is a Stalinist state run by a screaming lunatic.

The USA is a liberal democracy run by a freely elected assembly and President.

If you can't tell the difference........well, guess.....

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
lol....surely you don`t seriously believe that line, do you Colpy!?:roll:

(sigh) North Korea is a Stalinist state run by a screaming lunatic.

If you can't tell the difference........well, guess.....

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC

That just isn't true any more IMO Colpy.

No matter how much they might wish it weren't so their country has so corrupted itself that it has completely morphed into something different.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
The North Koreans have yet to miniaturize their nukes so realistically they could only blow up a chunk of South Korea. Kim Jung is a nut but I still love the Dear Leader.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I can agree that he is a horrible leader but does that really warrant an argument for war and killing Koreans through sanctions etc?

What of countries that think the same about an American leader? Does that give them the right to say, fly planes into their buildings?

I don't think it does.

Anyway, the Americans are the most warmongering unstable people on the planet and it is very dangerous for them to have the weapons. I think we should all work on getting rid of their bombs first before worrying about anyone else for the time being.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
They "violated international law". All those that have been criticizing Dubya the last few years for "violating international law" as well as those that have been critical of Israel for "violating international law" should soon start lambasting N Korea, especially since even the UN including Russia and China have issues (China said it was "resolutely opposed" to the test while the Russian UN ambassador, Vitaly Churkin, told reporters it was "very serious and needs to have a strong response." I can't wait to see the sparks fly.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
And how do we know that Kim Jung is a nut case? Because of US propaganda? Or English propaganda? How do we know that any of the boogy men of the last 100 years were as bad as the propaganda machine made them out to be? Could it be that they were vilified because they would not bow down and kiss Yanky butt? Just look at all the really nasty people that the US supported because they would kiss their butt: Pinoche, the Shaw of Iran, Marcos, Doc (what's his name) of Haiti, etc.

Gi' yor head a shake, eh! How many of you have been to North Korea to see first hand how bad this dude is?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Chances are, if the US, China and Russia are all on the same page, it ain't yankee propaganda. I understand how this little snippit of fact gives some folks trouble.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
And how do we know that Kim Jung is a nut case? Because of US propaganda? Or English propaganda? How do we know that any of the boogy men of the last 100 years were as bad as the propaganda machine made them out to be? Could it be that they were vilified because they would not bow down and kiss Yanky butt? Just look at all the really nasty people that the US supported because they would kiss their butt: Pinoche, the Shaw of Iran, Marcos, Doc (what's his name) of Haiti, etc.

Gi' yor head a shake, eh! How many of you have been to North Korea to see first hand how bad this dude is?

Kim Jung Il is a nut case, there is not much to argue there... that isn't US propaganda.