B.C. Election May 12

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
The Liberals will. I think you have listed them in just the opposite order you think they will win. The Green Party wants to replace the RCMP in this province and for that alone, I will never again vote Green. I did one time only several years ago but now it's a given that I will never make that mistake again. They say the NDP are closing ranks but I don't think it will be enough. People have not yet gotten over the fiasco of things like the Fast Cats. The Liberals have been tough on a few things but they have still kept us on track better than the other parties ever dreamed of. However, even with all that, I am not sure I will vote for any of them. It comes down to only two choices for me and I don't believe I am alone in that belief. It will be the Libs or the NDP but truly I believe the Libs will slide in under the wire.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Too bad the Libs will win. I was hoping Campbell wouldn't get to use the Olympics as a photo op and show off to all his rich friends. I think he is one of the slimiest sleazeballs I have ever seen in politics.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Too bad the Libs will win. I was hoping Campbell wouldn't get to use the Olympics as a photo op and show off to all his rich friends. I think he is one of the slimiest sleazeballs I have ever seen in politics.
I'm glad you seem to be especially fond of him too Cliff. Makes me know I am not alone.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

That was actually the exact reason why I hoped he might win, so after the whole ****eree collpases he's around to explain to the people.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
10 to 1 the moment he is out of office he will be over in Hawaii getting drunk and driving erratically down their highways and byways avoiding having to face the music.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
10 to 1 the moment he is out of office he will be over in Hawaii getting drunk and driving erratically down their highways and byways avoiding having to face the music.

Maybe when he loses his stature as Premier they won't let him in. He may have to go to Greenland to get drunk........:lol::lol::lol:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
The Naive Dense Pussies scare the hell out of us, Campbull is an arrogant, ignorant, and unresponsive jackass, greens have some odd ideas and are probably as fiscally responsible as the Dippers, etc. I think the Glibs will get back in, though.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
The NDP SCREWD BC royally last time it took the Liberals 8 years to bring BC back to prosperity. Carol James and her NDP could not run a peanut stand.

The NDP will send BC back into the days where people were going to other provinces to find work.
Boy how some people are glutens for punishment when you look at the polls in BC.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The Naive Dense Pussies scare the hell out of us, Campbull is an arrogant, ignorant, and unresponsive jackass, greens have some odd ideas and are probably as fiscally responsible as the Dippers, etc. I think the Glibs will get back in, though.

Yeah, I think so, at least on a good day they can count money on their fingers and toes.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Who do you think is going to win?

A. Green
B. N.D.P.
C. Liberals

As much as I hate to say this but here is what I think will happen..

The Socreds I mean ( Liberals ) should win this only because Carol James ( NDP ) just doesn't come thru as a business leader.. The Greens really have no true support and therefore we are stuck with the the same crap.

If the NDP could put forward a Leader that showed Business Sense ( male or female I really don't care ) I think they could win again. But just hearing Carol James on the radio makes we want to scream.. She is whinny with little new ideas to bring forward and if she does she has no idea how to present them because I have not heard anything new from the NDP other then Negative Ads. That be said the Liberals have not put forward nothing but negative ads either but then again they have moved the province forward business wise.

I really don't like Gordo but he is the only option at this time. And in my riding its even worse because my candidates are all total losers :(

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I really don't like Gordo but he is the only option at this time. And in my riding its even worse because my candidates are all total losers :(

Bingo! When it comes down to it, the party leader doesn't matter. Teh real question is, how are the local candidates?

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Bingo! When it comes down to it, the party leader doesn't matter. Teh real question is, how are the local candidates?

Wrong... Bingo is a game for churches :)

In many cases most people vote the leader..

As I am not most people I do look at the candidate. Unfortunately I can't even depend on that this election..

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The NDP will send BC back into the days where people were going to other provinces to find work.

You say that like it is a bad thing. BC and Alberia have been going through boom and bust periods for the last four decades. Half the people here are from Alberia. It would not bother me one bit if they went back.

People who think the economy is the only factor by which to evaluate their quality of life have missed the boat. BC is becoming over crowded as far as I'm concerned. I liked it better when we still had some wilderness.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You say that like it is a bad thing. BC and Alberia have been going through boom and bust periods for the last four decades. Half the people here are from Alberia. It would not bother me one bit if they went back.

People who think the economy is the only factor by which to evaluate their quality of life have missed the boat. BC is becoming over crowded as far as I'm concerned. I liked it better when we still had some wilderness.

:lol::lol:It's been 3 or 4 years since I was last in Nakusp- has it grown so much in that time that you are thinking of amalgamating with Summit Lake? or Galena BAy?