Race was bait in attacks

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Race was bait in attacks

Asian anglers didn't report crimes
By ROB LAMBERTI, SUN MEDIA
MARKHAM -- Two years ago, David Ma was pushed into the frigid Georgina waters from which he was hoping to pull fish.
Time has passed, but the young man shrugs when asked why, as he was about to cast his line, a white man shoved him from behind into the water.
Was it because he was Chinese? "I don't know," he said.
But Ontario Human Rights' chief commissioner Barbara Hall thinks she does.
Her inquiry into attacks on Asian anglers in Georgina, Coboconk and Westport found incidents of racism.
Her third and final report into the attacks, released yesterday, highlighted how government institutions and police responded.
"Our mandate was to see how we could prevent similar kinds of incidents from occurring in the future and how we can provide support for people who may have been subjects of attacks," Hall said.
'WEREN'T AWARE'
She said the commission learned victims were afraid of reporting the incidents or didn't know how to report them. "They seemed to be occurring in several communities at the same time and we were worrying there was a pattern," Hall said.
The commission called police as well as the ministry of Natural Resources.

What a complete farce this has turned into...

First, the attacks began in response to Asian (I can't even bring myself to call them 'Angler's) fishermen, strip, or rape fishing. The process of catching and keeping every single thing they can.

I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've seen them fill 5gallon pails with everything from baby Bass, to Rock Bass.

It's absolutely disgusting...

I've personally witnessed, the MNR approach 50 fisherman, with only one non Asian, in the midst's, and guess who they check?

The non Asian, when the CO's were queried at to why this is, the answer was simple, "Look at them, they don't know what they're doing, you look like you know what you're doing."

Ya, they really investigated the hell out of our complaints. I live on Lake Simcoe, I'm a law abiding Angler. I've reported these clowns to the MNR, complete with descriptions and license plate numbers, and they have the gull to state to the Board of Inquiry that they found no evidence???

Bull****, they haven't the man power thanx to successive gutting of our once benchmark MNR.

There is but one case in all the cases investigated, that could be considered a hate crime and I knwo the individuals involved. The rest, are ligitmate Angler's and residents saying enough is enough.

The MNR won't help, the Police don't help...Barbara Hall is a contemptable duchebag, she won't help either.

This whole thing will never end so long as the authorities keep dropping the ball, turning a blind eye and negating the complaints, because the accused is a 'minority' group...

What a farce!!! :angryfire:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I don't think it matters the colour of the skin raping the ocean...whites do it, natives do it, chinese do it, vietnamese do it. they all do it. It's what happens when there's profit involved.

Edited to add: there is a huge amount of mismanagement when it comes to fisheries. It only gets worse when the word minority is thrown in the mix...what do they call it? White mans guilt? It causes our gov't to bend over no matter what the damage

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
So it's not a matter of pushing Asians in... it's a matter of pushing poachers in. It just happens that opinion around there seems to have solidified into all Asians being poachers.

Well.... I have to say there's a certain amount of race at work there Bear. Unless you can assure me that each and every Asian angler who got pushed in was really nothing more than a poacher. And even if you do give me that assertion, I don't know that I could take it as anything more than the product of a stereotype that's developed due to the circumstance there.

What a sticky situation. It's too bad the authorities have let it devolve to that point, rather than enforcing the law equally across racial lines. If they don't know any better than to pull a 5 gallon pail of fish out, they'll learn after their first hefty fine.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I don't think it matters the colour of the skin raping the ocean...whites do it, natives do it, chinese do it, vietnamese do it. they all do it. It's what happens when there's profit involved.
But Twil's, you're right! The only problem is, the non Asians seem to get it in the ass more then the Asians.

I'm not kidding, I have reported poaching, on many occasions. Once even giving the MNR the make, model and license of the vehicle of the poachers. As well as a detailed description of the offenders. I was never contacted again. And here in this report, we hear the MNR saying there isn't enough evidence...BS
Edited to add: there is a huge amount of mismanagement when it comes to fisheries. It only gets worse when the word minority is thrown in the mix...what do they call it? White mans guilt? It causes our gov't to bend over no matter what the damage
Bending over doesn't wash with this Bear.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
There wasa similar problem on the west coast quite a few years ago. The local Chinese population would did gooeyducks in White Rock. They had no regard for minimum size or maximum number. They basically raped White Rock beaches. It took quite awhile before the local RCMP and DofF to finally crack down on it.... and what actually helped was the red tides White Rock started continually getting. They had no choice but to crack down on everyone as these clams were ending up in restaurants all over the lowermainland.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
If you want there to be action, lobby the government ....

Ive been pushing for the idea of having a "course" for people who wish to get there fishing licenses... This would provide money to the MNR and make people more knowledgable about our fisheries. Unfortuantly im the only one who supports the idea :(

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
So, "nip tipping" isn't a racial term? It has nothing to do with race and is only about someone's objections to illegal fishing practices? I find that a little hard to believe.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
So, "nip tipping" isn't a racial term? It has nothing to do with race and is only about someone's objections to illegal fishing practices? I find that a little hard to believe.

Something like drift nets on Lake Nipissing and garbage bags full of rotting pike because it's only pickeral that have commercial value.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
in my zone 10 rock bass are considered sunfish, dont let the name fool you and they are related to crappies. If you have a sport license between two people you can fill up a 5 gallon pail.... SMallmouth and Largemouth on the other hand is 6 at max with a sport license, sometimes depending on the size they could fill a 5-gallon pail... Crappies have a high limit also

i would believe the limits arent much different in your zone compared to mine, might be wrong

Sounds to me the china men arent doing anything much different then the other population pools ive seen rape our natural resources...

Im a redneck

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Something like drift nets on Lake Nipissing and garbage bags full of rotting pike because it's only pickeral that have commercial value.

thats a diffewrent situation, you should see the natives from the whitefish reserve on panache gill net the whitefish on lake panache

in nipissing the thing working for the pike is its a muddy lake with lots of hiding places, and pike are our most prolific fish

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Pike may be prolific but it's still a waste to dump a half dozen garbage bags full of them. They also happen to be good eating. As fillets, you don't even have to spit.