china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
[SIZE=+1]Chinese and Russian cyber spies hack US power grid[/SIZE]
China National News
Wednesday 8th April, 2009
(ANI)

Washington, Apr.8 : Chinese and Russian cyber spies have penetrated the U.S. electrical grid and left behind software programs that could be used to disrupt the system, according to current and former national-security officials.

According to Fox News, the spies are also from other countries, and they were believed to be on a mission to navigate the U.S. electrical system and its controls. The intruders haven't sought to damage the power grid or other key infrastructure, but officials warned they could try during a crisis or war.

The espionage appeared pervasive across the U.S. and doesn't target a particular company or region, said a former Department of Homeland Security official.

"There are intrusions, and they are growing. There were a lot last year," he added.

Many of the intrusions were detected not by the companies in charge of the infrastructure but by U.S. intelligence agencies, officials said. Intelligence officials worry about cyber attackers taking control of electrical facilities, a nuclear power plant or financial networks via the Internet.

Officials said water; sewage and other infrastructure systems also were at risk.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
[SIZE=+1]Chinese and Russian cyber spies hack US power grid[/SIZE]

China National News
Wednesday 8th April, 2009
(ANI)​

Washington, Apr.8 : Chinese and Russian cyber spies have penetrated the U.S. electrical grid and left behind software programs that could be used to disrupt the system, according to current and former national-security officials.

According to Fox News, the spies are also from other countries, and they were believed to be on a mission to navigate the U.S. electrical system and its controls. The intruders haven't sought to damage the power grid or other key infrastructure, but officials warned they could try during a crisis or war.

The espionage appeared pervasive across the U.S. and doesn't target a particular company or region, said a former Department of Homeland Security official.

"There are intrusions, and they are growing. There were a lot last year," he added.

Many of the intrusions were detected not by the companies in charge of the infrastructure but by U.S. intelligence agencies, officials said. Intelligence officials worry about cyber attackers taking control of electrical facilities, a nuclear power plant or financial networks via the Internet.

Officials said water; sewage and other infrastructure systems also were at risk.

If this story is true, and any malicious bull**** comes from this, I think the U.S. would be
more than justified in sending out the same SEAL Team that tagged Osoma Bin Laden
to clean up after these cyber-terrorists.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I would just like to point out that this thread was originally created over two years ago.;)

You'll have to accept my apologies. Iv been reading information thats linking high hacking activities to china. Honestly thought it was from this year.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
May as well hack it and see if you are getting your money's worth when you have to accept it for debt repayment.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
You'll have to accept my apologies. Iv been reading information thats linking high hacking activities to china. Honestly thought it was from this year.

In your options page, almost at the bottom there is this adjustment....of the time frame to show threads...
The default cut off should be two weeks...
That way the only way you'll pick up a necro is on purpose

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If this story is true, and any malicious bull**** comes from this, I think the U.S. would be
more than justified in sending out the same SEAL Team that tagged Osoma Bin Laden
to clean up after these cyber-terrorists.
Look into a company named Promis and the RCMP sometime.....

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

No worries. Yours isn't the worst case of Necro that we've seen here.:lol: