Re: Spanking 'brings couples together'Mar 31st, 2009
JLM, I was also brought up with same values as you, we are almost the same age. We probably held very similar views say, 30 or 35 eyars ago.
The difference is that I am a liberal and you are a conservative. While your views probably have hardly changed over time, mine have evolved over time.
- Conforming with, adhering to, or constituting a norm, standard, pattern, level, or type; typical: normal room temperature; one's normal weight; normal diplomatic relations.
- Biology. Functioning or occurring in a natural way; lacking observable abnormalities or deficiencies.
- (Abbr. n or N) Chemistry.
- Designating a solution having one gram equivalent weight of solute per liter of solution.
- Designating an aliphatic hydrocarbon having a straight and unbranched chain of carbon atoms.
- Being at right angles; perpendicular.
- Perpendicular to the direction of a tangent line to a curve or a tangent plane to a surface.
- Relating to or characterized by average intelligence or development.
- Free from mental illness; sane.
- Something normal; the standard: scored close to the normal.
- The usual or expected state, form, amount, or degree.
- Correspondence to a norm.
- An average.
- Mathematics. A perpendicular, especially a perpendicular to a line tangent to a plane curve or to a plane tangent to a space curve.