Spanking 'brings couples together'

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC

SPANKING is stressful at first, but it could bring consenting couples closer together. That's the implication of two studies of hormonal changes associated with sadomasochistic (S&M) activities including spanking, bondage and flogging.

Brad Sagarin at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb and colleagues measured levels of the stress hormone cortisol in 13 men and women at an S&M party in Arizona, before, during and after participating in activities. During S&M scenes, cortisol rose significantly in those receiving stimulation, but dropped back to normal within 40 minutes if the scene went well. There was no change in those inflicting the activity.

At an S&M event in Colorado, testosterone was measured in 45 men and women. It increased significantly in receiving women only. Donatella Marazziti of the University of Pisa, Italy, says the boost may help women cope with the aggressive nature of S&M activities, or that it could be another sign of stress. In both studies, couples who said the party went well also reported increases in relationship closeness (Archives of Sexual Behavior, DOI: 10.1007/s10508-008-9374-5).

It's important to note that levels of both hormones dropped back down in couples who enjoyed the experience, Marazziti says. "When sexual intercourse is consensual it is not stressful - even if it is extreme sex."

Richard Wiseman, a psychologist at the University of Hertfordshire in Hatfield, UK, adds that almost any shared activity is likely to promote interpersonal closeness. "It doesn't have to be tying up your partner or placing clamps on their nipples, it could be something as simple as cooking a meal together or even doing the housework as a duo," he says.

Nick Neave, a psychologist at the University of Northumbria, UK, says the results are interesting, but future studies should control for whether participants experienced orgasm, which is associated with reduced stress and an increase in hormones associated with partner-bonding and affection.

Source

Well now.... :lol:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Richard Wiseman, a psychologist at the University of Hertfordshire in Hatfield, UK, adds that almost any shared activity is likely to promote interpersonal closeness. "It doesn't have to be tying up your partner or placing clamps on their nipples, it could be something as simple as cooking a meal together or even doing the housework as a duo," he says.

He speaks the truth, Scott Free. Whatever works for you. I don’t judge people. As long as it is consensual and does not hurt anybody, anything goes as far as I am concerned.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

SPANKING is stressful at first, but it could bring consenting couples closer together. That's the implication of two studies of hormonal changes associated with sadomasochistic (S&M) activities including spanking, bondage and flogging.

Brad Sagarin at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb and colleagues measured levels of the stress hormone cortisol in 13 men and women at an S&M party in Arizona, before, during and after participating in activities. During S&M scenes, cortisol rose significantly in those receiving stimulation, but dropped back to normal within 40 minutes if the scene went well. There was no change in those inflicting the activity.

At an S&M event in Colorado, testosterone was measured in 45 men and women. It increased significantly in receiving women only. Donatella Marazziti of the University of Pisa, Italy, says the boost may help women cope with the aggressive nature of S&M activities, or that it could be another sign of stress. In both studies, couples who said the party went well also reported increases in relationship closeness (Archives of Sexual Behavior, DOI: 10.1007/s10508-008-9374-5).

It's important to note that levels of both hormones dropped back down in couples who enjoyed the experience, Marazziti says. "When sexual intercourse is consensual it is not stressful - even if it is extreme sex."

Nick Neave, a psychologist at the University of Northumbria, UK, says the results are interesting, but future studies should control for whether participants experienced orgasm, which is associated with reduced stress and an increase in hormones associated with partner-bonding and affection.

Source

Well now.... :lol:

This is sick, perhaps the thread should be removed.

RanchHand

Electoral Member
Feb 22, 2009
USA

He speaks the truth, Scott Free. Whatever works for you. I don’t judge people. As long as it is consensual and does not hurt anybody, anything goes as far as I am concerned.

Liberals are far more likely to be involved in nipple clamping than conservatives. Not something to be very proud of.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I think in this day of enlightenment, spanking is considered a form of abuse. I suppose like you say if consenting people like it, they should be free to do it, but I doubt if the other 99% are all that interested. How sick do you want to go? Some people enjoy having their faces defecated on BUT do we really want to read about it?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Liberals are far more likely to be involved in nipple clamping than conservatives. Not something to be very proud of.

Don’t’ be so sure, RanchHand. Conservatives usually are sexually repressed, but that doesn’t mean that their passion, their fetishes cannot boil over in private and in anonymity.

I remember reading a very interesting news item a few years ago. They were having a convention of Fundamentalist preachers somewhere, in some hotel. The proprietor of the hotel revealed that the sale of adult movies (bought through the television set in hotel room) was record high during the convention, more than anything he had seen thus far.

Indeed, on the last day of the convention, one speaker expressed his outrage at that. So conservatives are more repressed about sex, that doesn’t mean they are any less depraved than liberals.

Indeed, there are so many examples. Larry Craig (homosexuality), Mark Foley (sexually explicit E Mail to young men), Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, Ted Haggard, Rush Limbaugh (thrice divorced), Newt Gingrich (having an affair with another woman while his wife was lying in a hospital bed). The examples are endless.

Conservatives aren’t any less kinky, less depraved less perverted than liberals. They are just hypocrites (which liberals are not).

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I think in this day of enlightenment, spanking is considered a form of abuse.

Not among consenting adults, JLM. It can be abuse if it is done against the wishes of one person, or if it leads to some serious injuries.

I suppose like you say if consenting people like it, they should be free to do it, but I doubt if the other 99% are all that interested.

OK, so if the remaining 1% wants to do it, what is it to you?

Some people enjoy having their faces defecated on BUT do we really want to read about it?

Then who is forcing you to read about it?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Don’t’ be so sure, RanchHand. Conservatives usually are sexually repressed, but that doesn’t mean that their passion, their fetishes cannot boil over in private and in anonymity.

I remember reading a very interesting news item a few years ago. They were having a convention of Fundamentalist preachers somewhere, in some hotel. The proprietor of the hotel revealed that the sale of adult movies (bought through the television set in hotel room) was record high during the convention, more than anything he had seen thus far.

Indeed, on the last day of the convention, one speaker expressed his outrage at that. So conservatives are more repressed about sex, that doesn’t mean they are any less depraved than liberals.

Indeed, there are so many examples. Larry Craig (homosexuality), Mark Foley (sexually explicit E Mail to young men), Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, Ted Haggard, Rush Limbaugh (thrice divorced), Newt Gingrich (having an affair with another woman while his wife was lying in a hospital bed). The examples are endless.

Conservatives aren’t any less kinky, less depraved less perverted than liberals. They are just hypocrites (which liberals are not).

I kind of doubt if sexual perversion follows political lines.............:lol::lol:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Okay, I should have said "ignored", I guess sickos have their rights, too.

I have to disagree with this. Spanking between two consenting adults does not make them a "sicko". There are a lot of sexual endeavours that are out there that I am not interested in, but I don't think they are "sick" for enjoying it. Obviously there are exceptions, but I don't think that is the case here.

There is quite a robust S&M culture out there, and I would gather that it is greater than 1%.;-)

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC

I absolutely agree and it creates a whole nipple clamp industry.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I have to disagree with this. Spanking between two consenting adults does not make them a "sicko". There are a lot of sexual endeavours that are out there that I am not interested in, but I don't think they are "sick" for enjoying it. Obviously there are exceptions, but I don't think that is the case here.

There is quite a robust S&M culture out there, and I would gather that it is greater than 1%.;-)

I guess whatever turns their crank Shadowshiv, I have absolutely nothing against what two consenting adults want to so & I guess if they want to share it with the whole world that's alright too. Not my cup of tea.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
JLM, people can do what they want to in private, but it's not usually for public consumption. It becomes a bit sicko when you share something when the rest of the world is not interested and you force it on them anyway. There are still standards out there.

These academics are comic, they ought to be fired. They must be communicating some kind of message people want though.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008

Might be but I'm with JLM - I don't think this is the place to be discussing it. This thread should be removed. Seems to me this is pretty private stuff.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
These academics are comic, they ought to be fired. They must be communicating some kind of message people want though.

Excuse me?

Human sexuality, which involves more than the missionary position, is a interesting, important, and legitimate field of study in psychology.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

just wondering if you think these people are normal?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
JLM, people can do what they want to in private, but it's not usually for public consumption. It becomes a bit sicko when you share something when the rest of the world is not interested and you force it on them anyway. There are still standards out there.

Sorry, but that is the Victorian attitude, when you couldn’t talk of anything sexual, when ladies had to be very modest, even ankle showing was considered vulgar (but of course, prostitution was rampant in Victorian London).

These days everything is for public consumption, everything is the subject of research. I remember a couple of years ago I saw a news item on TV. A few men were standing in line, their arms raised up.

Two young ladies were going down the line, sniffing their bare (and hairy) armpits. Apparently they were doing some research about pheromones secreted by the sweat glands in the armpits.

So nothing is taboo these days, everything is the subject of research.

And these are not comic, they are serious academics, (I assume) they are doing serious research. I don’t see anybody firing them.