Chrysler Pullout from Canada? Make a homegrown car

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
So Chyrsler is threatening to pull out of Canada? So what. Revenue Canada has a lien on their factories. They owe at least a billion dollars in taxes so they won't leave. What the federal gov't should do is use that tax money to fund a new home grown super green Canadian car and manufacturing industry. We have a big parts industry so it is doable.

However the pro-Americans and anti-Canadians called the Harper gov't would never promote such a national economic strategy. Their Canada is a subervient Canada to the American empire. Suckholes.

The Big 3 are the walking dead. Shoot these zombies, ie, no bailout cash.

TheStar.com | Business | Ontario downplays Chrysler pullout threats The threatened pullout

reportonbusiness.com: Tax fight imperils Chrysler's survival Back taxes

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
If we make a Canadian car its going to be superior to what chyrsler ever had, and then the state will come on over and shut us down... The Avro Auto

I don't think the auto industry will get that much support. Between management and the unions that industry has pretty much wrecked itself. Building a better car than Chrysler shouldn't be a problem since everybody else does it already.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Canada already makes a car:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"With its 750 horsepower engine (standard) or its 1,300 horsepower engine (optional) capable of producing speeds exceeding 330 KPH, and its overall weight of 1,100 kg, the Pléthore is an extremely powerful vehicle as demonstrated by its amazing weight to power ratio. The car retails at about $330,000 CDN and its exotic design is simply breathtaking!"

I first saw this car in the Vancouver Sun last week.
[/FONT]

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Johnnyyyy, so negative and fatalistic, you must be Hindu or something. You're an its all god's will sort of fellow. Tsk tsk.

The Avro was a totally gov't supported dog, the Avro was too expensive for the gov't of the day. That's what I heard on the CBC one evening by a scholar.

I mean a billion or two in cheap loans for a new Cdn car company, five years protection, and then you're on your own brother-effer. Make money or die. Tough but fair. This is a golden opportunity to create new Canadian jobs.

Where is the NDP here? Championing this idea could show they are not just a staid, lazy, fat, statist, union dominated party.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
worse comes to worse, ill just buy a four wheeler from bombadier and drive that around :)

Johnnyyyy, so negative and fatalistic, you must be Hindu or something. You're an its all god's will sort of fellow. Tsk tsk.

Its the end of the world, and im front row center.... I aint no Hindu

Last edited:

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
naw i aint getting on board the asian invasion bandwagon....

We have the materials, know how, i think its time we hit the auto industry in whatever degree we find managable and sustainable

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
What the federal gov't should do is use that tax money to fund a new home grown super green Canadian car and manufacturing industry. We have a big parts industry so it is doable.

Ya, sure...a car manufacturer...it would give us a place to stick the tax dollars we aren't giving to Bombardier.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Campagna- Fun, Style, Performance

Wouldn't be much use in the winter in Saskatchewan, but...

This reminds me of the Morgan. The Morgan was a sort of motorcycle car that was produced until the fifties. It's advantage in Britain was that it was taxed as a motorcycle so it was cheaper to own.
During a twenty year period in my life I owned a whole procession of British sports cars; MGs, Triumphs, Austen Healeys, etc The Morgan was not one of them. We don't need another cycle/car.
MorganThreeWheelers

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I would applaud the idea of building a Canadian car but a three wheeled motorcycle with doors is not the answer. I think the world pretty well accepts that cars have four wheels with the motor at one end or the other.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
How do you straddle a pothole with a trike? We have some in Sudz (potholes, that is) that'll scrape the bottom eight inches off that thing. Wolf no like. Butt too close to asphalt....

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
This reminds me of the Morgan. The Morgan was a sort of motorcycle car that was produced until the fifties. It's advantage in Britain was that it was taxed as a motorcycle so it was cheaper to own.
During a twenty year period in my life I owned a whole procession of British sports cars; MGs, Triumphs, Austen Healeys, etc The Morgan was not one of them. We don't need another cycle/car.
MorganThreeWheelers

While Morgan might have built a 3 wheeler, it's better known as the car with the wooden frame. They are still in business, but I'm not sure if they still use wooden frames.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
hey wolf you see that pothole on notre dame, dam that was a crater lol

Cars in Sudbury have to be really tough lol

Although regent street is finally getting some work with that good ashpalt from down south

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
While Morgan might have built a 3 wheeler, it's better known as the car with the wooden frame. They are still in business, but I'm not sure if they still use wooden frames.

They built the three wheeler until about the mid-fifties. I haven't thought too much about Morgan over the last few years and I guess I assumed they went the way of a lot of the British auto industry. It seems strange that the Morgan family is still building 500-700 cars a year when most of it's contemporaries have long since bit the dust. There is still some wood in the upper framework that supports the body but the chassis frame is steel.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
If it is relatively local, if it has been built with a mind for ecology, if it has some style (cars in the past decade or so all look like giant electric shavers to me and trucks mostly look like "Transformers"), and if it is not loaded with lots of stuff that can break down, it's a decent vehicle. Unfortunately there hasn't been one built for decades that includes all these factors. lol
Of course there are a few vehicles that I like simply for the "fun factor"; Ferraris, TVRs, etc.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
MorganThreeWheelers

Campagna has been building these three wheeled critters for a
while now. You may not want or need one, but I'd LOVE to
have one!!! Front end F1, back end super-bike. Controls are
a hybrid of Racecar and motorcycle. Ridiculous performance
stats for a relatively low dollar figure. Light weight, about a 1.4L
motor that would be fuel efficient when driven civilly. And FUN!

Easy access to almost everything, so most repairs could be done
on your front lawn, and very little superfluous stuff to go wrong
that doesn't need to be there. The stat's have been toned down
(a couple years ago they where claiming 2.0g's of lateral acceleration
which they're now claiming as 1.3g's of lateral acceleration) but it
would still scoot you around most road obstacles.

I mentioned this 'cuz it's Canadian designed and produced, and it's
real...here...right now...and not hypothetical. You've had all kinds
of cool toys over the years, and I know this wouldn't be practical
for 6-7 months of the year in most of this country, but wouldn't you
want to take one of these things out for a rip if the opportunity
presented itself? There is an "optional" windscreen. :lol::lol::lol:

YouTube - Fifth Gear - T-Rex