Canadian Homes are on the Internet

RanchHand

Electoral Member
Feb 22, 2009
USA
Evidently teams of Americans are in 11 major Canadian cities right now with specially outfitted vehicles capable of taking relatively high quality 360 degree photographs of your homes, men, women, children etc. These photos will then be uploaded to web servers where they will be made available to anyone with Internet access. I expect to see an overweight Canadian clubbing a baby seal if the resolution is as good as they say, bringing closure to several threads on this forum.

Google camera trolling streets of Canadian cities

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
*hides the baby seal I was about to club*

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Ranchhand, you harp (pun intended) about personal insults on one thread while you troll on another. You should have been a fisherman not a ranchhand. Good luck with your fact finding mission in the city. Tell me again how a seal makes his way to downtown Toronto? I mentioned in the other thread that seals are swimming up rivers to find food but if they make it to Lake Ontario we really have a problem on our hands.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Evidently teams of Americans are in 11 major Canadian cities right now with specially outfitted vehicles capable of taking relatively high quality 360 degree photographs of your homes, men, women, children etc. These photos will then be uploaded to web servers where they will be made available to anyone with Internet access. I expect to see an overweight Canadian clubbing a baby seal if the resolution is as good as they say, bringing closure to several threads on this forum.

Google camera trolling streets of Canadian cities

This may be quite shocking to you, but that wasn't a real seal the bus driver was beating.

Metro Transit driver suspended over mock attack on fake seal - Nova Scotia News - TheChronicleHerald.ca
The head of an anti-sealing group is upset that Halifax Regional Police aren’t pressing charges against a Metro Transit driver who stopped his bus, ran toward the protesters and pretended to attack a mock seal with an extendable baton.

The incident, which happened at about 12:40 p.m. Saturday in front of the main entrance to the Public Gardens, has prompted the transit company to relieve the driver of his duties pending a full investigation. During that time, the driver will receive full pay.

The director of the Atlantic Canadian Anti-Sealing Coalition said it’s "extremely alarming" that no charges have been laid, considering the driver physically disrupted a peaceful demonstration.

:p

RanchHand

Electoral Member
Feb 22, 2009
USA
Ranchhand, you harp (pun intended) about personal insults on one thread while you troll on another. You should have been a fisherman not a ranchhand. Good luck with your fact finding mission in the city. Tell me again how a seal makes his way to downtown Toronto? I mentioned in the other thread that seals are swimming up rivers to find food but if they make it to Lake Ontario we really have a problem on our hands.

I don't understand your post completely, but in the Something is Fishy thread, all I was asking was why Canada would bring all the negative press it gets about the seal hunt for six million dollars. I said several times I wasn't makeing a moral opinion about it. Most people incorectly read what they wanted to see rather than what I said.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I don't understand your post completely, but in the Something is Fishy thread, all I was asking was why Canada would bring all the negative press it gets about the seal hunt for six million dollars. I said several times I wasn't makeing a moral opinion about it. Most people incorectly read what they wanted to see rather than what I said.

In that same Thread, in the link that you posted, you will find the
reference to the $6,000,000.00 that you keep misquoting, in that
it is not the value of the annual hunt, but a figure that the value
decreased by in a specific year. It's in your Thread that you posted.

Why Canada has a Seal hunt (Both Grey & Harp at different times)
is also answerred in that Thread. You're beating a dead horse here....
pun intended.

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I'm not questioning your moral opinion. I'm just drawing attention to the fact you were PO'd in the other thread because some called you out yet you make a blatant attempt to piss people off on this thread. You have a double standard going on here. Stick to the issue, put away the trolling and perhaps we may have a civil debate here.

RanchHand

Electoral Member
Feb 22, 2009
USA
In that same Thread, in the link that you posted, you will find the
reference to the $6,000,000.00 that you keep misquoting, in that
it is not the value of the annual hunt, but a figure that the value
decreased by in a specific year. It's in your Thread that you posted.

Why Canada has a Seal hunt (Both Grey & Harp at different times)
is also answerred in that Thread. You're beating a dead horse here....
pun intended.

This is what I see in the article and why I find it so amazing that you would let your country be trashed world wide for this amount of money.

"The value of the Canadian seal hunt in 2008 was six million dollars (US), according to the Canadian fisheries department, down from 10 million in 2007 and 27 million in 2006."

RanchHand

Electoral Member
Feb 22, 2009
USA
I'm not questioning your moral opinion. I'm just drawing attention to the fact you were PO'd in the other thread because some called you out yet you make a blatant attempt to piss people off on this thread. You have a double standard going on here. Stick to the issue, put away the trolling and perhaps we may have a civil debate here.

Tell me what I put in this thread that was "a blatant attempt to piss people off".
You and The Lone Wolf have the same sense of humor.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Tell me what I put in this thread that was "a blatant attempt to piss people off".
You and The Lone Wolf have the same sense of humor.

From the OP:
I expect to see an overweight Canadian clubbing a baby seal if the resolution is as good as they say, bringing closure to several threads on this forum....
Once you get tagged as a troll, you have to work extra hard to shed the rep. Personally, I don't think you can....

RanchHand

Electoral Member
Feb 22, 2009
USA
From the OP:
Once you get tagged as a troll, you have to work extra hard to shed the rep. Personally, I don't think you can....

Isn't it obvious to you by now I couldn't give a flying **** what you think?

Last edited: