stop paying taxes legally

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I have been legally not paying taxes in the US all my life. I'm way ahead of you.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
The Constitution? Pfft that rag was done away with long ago. For decades America has ben owned controled and run by those people the Founding Fathers had slaughtered over independance. So just you lot count your blessings that there are no red blooded American men around these days. Now go back to your Bigmacs and light beer before someone gets another bright idea. :p

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
Yeah it seems the constitution of the US is a document of convenience. To be used when it serves a purpose and to be ignored when it doesn't.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
There are some nuts in USA who claim that income tax is against the constitution (they may be right, I don’t know) and that people can get away without paying any income tax (here they are totally wrong).

The first step is simple. You ask your employer not to withhold any income tax from your paycheck. If he has your signed authorization, he won’t withhold any tax, it is no skin off his nose.

The second step is not to file income tax return. But these nuts don’t tell you what happens when you are audited. When you are audited (and very likely you will be, the computer will pick up on the fact that you paid taxes one year and not the next), you will be assessed for back taxes, interests and penalties.

That is a sure road to bankruptcy.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Lots of Canadians don't pay taxes. (income)

Lesseee.........corporate welfare bums.

And.............welfare bums.*

*not all on welfare are bums.

just thought i'd better point that out.

and not all welfare bums are corporate.

i pay taxes every year so Stevie can give it to.........

me.

thanks Steve.

however, if he reduces taxes, and i don't pay him as much, he can't give me back as much..........called income reduction.

smarten up, steve.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
There are some nuts in USA who claim that income tax is against the constitution (they may be right, I don’t know) and that people can get away without paying any income tax (here they are totally wrong).

The first step is simple. You ask your employer not to withhold any income tax from your paycheck. If he has your signed authorization, he won’t withhold any tax, it is no skin off his nose.

The second step is not to file income tax return. But these nuts don’t tell you what happens when you are audited. When you are audited (and very likely you will be, the computer will pick up on the fact that you paid taxes one year and not the next), you will be assessed for back taxes, interests and penalties.

That is a sure road to bankruptcy.
Did you remember the Freemen in Wolf Creek Montana? Did you know they actually won?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada

Dexter Sinister
Okay, so you try refusing to pay your taxes. You'll soon find out what's legal and not legal. Let us know what happens to you.
Published: Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A Superior Court jury ruled late Monday that a Windsor optometrist was not guilty of tax evasion when he refused to pay nearly $350,000 in income taxes over five years.
Dr. Jack Klundert hugged his lawyer, Doug Christie of British Columbia, and wiped tears from his face and glasses after the jury was discharged. He smiled faintly at his wife, who sat in the courtroom and took notes.
Superior Court Justice Joseph Quinn thanked the jury for tackling "the complex issue.
"These decisions are not easy to make," he said.
SECOND TRIAL
Klundert, 53, was standing a second trial for tax evasion under the Income Tax Act. He failed to pay $348,231 in taxes on income estimated at $1.5 million between 1993 and 1998.
Klundert was found guilty of making a false statement on a tax return in 2002 and fined $80,000.
He was also ordered to enrol in a constitutional law course as part of his two-year probation.
But the Court of Appeal found fault with Superior Court of Justice Steve Rogin's instructions to the jury and Klundert took his protest against Revenue Canada to court again.
He told the jury he wrote zero income on his tax forms because he believed the federal government had no constitutional right to pursue him. He said disclosing his earnings to the government would be like "sitting down with thieves" and telling them where his valuables are kept.
Klundert opened bank accounts in Switzerland and the Cayman Islands, where he funnelled cash from his business, according to court evidence.
"He ignored our laws," federal prosecutor Michael Gordner told the jury in his closing arguments. "You cannot say, 'The law does not apply to me.' That's not the way it works. It's not a legal defence to say 'I did it to protest.'
Gordner told the court Klundert is "the definition of tax evasion."
But Christie told the jury not to convict Klundert on the basis of any outstanding funds he owes the government.
"They will get their money, so don't worry about that," he said. Klundert told the court he has already paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in penalties to Revenue Canada for his actions.
Christie described his client as "a courageous man of integrity" for his lengthy battle against Revenue Canada.
"Some will argue he is not, but I say he is," he said.
After the verdict, Christie said he was "grateful to God" Klundert's three-week trial has come to an end, but expressed some concern about the possibility of another appeal.
"I hope it's over for good," he said outside the courtroom. "(The Crown) might appeal, but there really isn't much to argue after this decision."
Christie said Klundert was "relieved" and "grateful" to be discharged.
"He's been fighting for this for 10 years. It's been a long, drawn-out battle."
Gordner refused to comment on the verdict or the possibility of an appeal.
"The jury has spoken and I respect their decision," he said.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada

"...how soon we forget history... Government is not reason. Government is not eloquence. It is force. " (George Washington)
CONSTITUTION
Canada does not have a true Constitution, and this is dangerous to the freedom of the people. Our Constitution is an Act of Parliament, and as an Act of Parliament, it may be repealed. This also implies that since Parliament created the Act, then all the so called "rights" conferred in the Act are not unalienable rights and are merely rights can be revoked at any time, and this is in fact what the notwithstanding clause means in the Constitution. It means that notwithstanding whatever the document says, the whim of the Prime Minister goes and he may ignore any part of any Charter of Rights and freedoms as seemeth him good. Canadians deserve better. The Independent Party believes that the basics for human survival are life, liberty, and property. To lose any of these three is to lose them all. “Life, faculties, production— in other words individuality, liberty, property— that is man. And in spite of the cunning of artful political leaders, these three gifts from God precede all human legislation, and are superior to it.... Life, liberty and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it is the fact that life, liberty and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” -- Frederick Bastiat
The Independent Party will scrap the constitutional monarchy and install a true Constitution for the Canadian people – a document not for the government, but a document belonging to the people and for the people to restrain government.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH
"Freedom of speech is an American concept, so I don't give it any value." -- Dean Steacy (Canadian Human Rights Commission)
We do not believe freedom of speech is an American concept or value. Belief has nothing to do with whether freedom of speech exists as an unalienable right or not. Freedom of speech exists and has always existed as an unalienable right given to all living persons by God whether or not it has been recognized by whoever is in power. We do believe it is an unalienable right of a living person to say what they want, where they want, when they want. We may not agree with what is said, but we are in harmony with their right to say it.

SENATE
The senate should not be a lifetime appointment. The senate should be an elected body as is the parliament. Terms should be for 6 years staggered. Two senators from each voting district shall serve to ensure less votes will be disenfranchised by rarely or never having representation in the Senate.

PARLIAMENT
The Independent Party proposes amending parliamentary regions to accomodate two elected ministers from amalgamated regions. This ensures less voters will be disenfranchised by rarely or never having representation in the House.

DISENFRANCHISEMENT OF YOUNG VOTERS
Young Canadians pay tax on everything they buy as does everyone else. However, they are not allowed to vote. This amounts to taxation without representation. Taxation without representation is not acceptable. Either we let the young people vote, or we make them exempt from all Provincial and Federal taxes including licensing fees of every kind. Most provinces let the young people drive at 16, others begin learning at 14. This potentially means they are paying taxes in the fuel they purchase for the vehicle they are driving, so it is conceivable that voting be allowed for young drivers, or exempt them from paying the tax.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Why don't we send the freeloading jerk to Switzerland permanently.

What do people think; the world operates for nothing? The reason there are taxes is because there are shared expenses. I would be game for people paying no income taxes if that also meant no hospital/physician services for them and they didn't use the road/highway system between 5am and midnight daily.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Oh, and since they don't monetarily support the troops they can BE the troops. Automatic draft for those who refuse to pay income tax.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I wouldn't care if it was legal or not. I would care if freeloaders are using taxpayer resources for their own needs.