Toxic wallboard from China

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Welcome, what a dilemma to find your self in. The toxic elements found on crystal meth labs exist in homes where Chinese wallboard is installed.

These homes found with Chinese wall board are facing the same fate as the crack houses, complete leveling and start fresh.

Who will pay for this UNTHINKABLE damage, and are insurance companies going to ask people to prove the authenticity of the wall board in their homes before home insurance can be granted?...

What a scary situation facing the US and the American people, millions of homes build during 2001-2007 are contaminated, it is a very serious problem to be mortgage flooded but now knowing that the house is contaminated it may need leveling which will have the banks ripping their hair off being that not only the property is worth less then the mortgage, now the house is gone and the land value is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off with regards to loan / value ration. What a nightmare, contractors will go out off business in huge numbers and the Banks look stupider by the minute.
While China once again has lost credibility with respect to safe consumable products, from food, tooth past, to plastics, and now (wall board). I am sure if one looked hard enough, one could top a dozen (12) unsafe products that have arrived in Canadian soil. OH MY GOD! IF ONE OWNS ONE OF THESE HOMES.

Last edited:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
You mean about the foods?
I saw a 5th Estate or W5 show not long ago that even though there are some farmers in China that farm "organically" (no synthetic ingredients added; pesticides n the like), their next door neighbors use pesticides and as wind will be wind, water being leaky, ......
Gyproc is an RT but I don't know about GyprocK

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Which toxic elements might these be?

Careful, sock.... Gyprock is a registered trademark

Thanks for the warning lets call it gypsum, or wall board, and I do respect the reasons for trade marks, I only used the name to help some people identify what wall board we are talking about.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
I repeat, Gyproc is an RT but I don't know about GyprocK,

Either way, I respect the correction from LW, but just imagine the dilemma being under water mortgages (badly finance loan to value ratio) and now seeing that the house has to be taken down because of such contamination, man oh man, heads will roll on that one.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

Careful, sock.... is a registered trademark

A copy of one home-inspection report obtained by the Province on a Florida home where Chinese Dry-wall was installed reads:

"This type of dry-wall was produced with materials that emit toxic hydro-gen-solfide gas and other sulfide gases alleged to cause serious health conditions and illnesses, such as shortness of breath, dizziness, headaches, fatigue, insomnia, eye irritations and respiratory difficulties".

The affects of this toxic product is equal to problem that of a meth house.

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009

Careful, sock.... Gyprock is a registered trademark

It is likely the man made gypsum. Our company carried some across the Geat Lakes for a few years. It was said to have come from the inside of the stacks on the steel plants and that was then treated with acids to make the gypsum. It was a pretty corrisive substance when it stayed on your skin for some time - like when it got in your boots. My brothers feet still peel like crazy when they get soggy wet, and it has been a good 10 years since he worked with it.

If they didn't wash it completely before pressing it into board they are likely getting traces of the the acids which are the same as the acids for making meth.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Ick! That sounds even worse than the mould my daughter found when she tore the tub surround down and discovered the contractor cheated on the drywall....

What is really surprising here is that a portion of this China exported wall board or dry wall to North America some of it whent to supply the housing contraction in Toronto, while the Toronto Star doesn’t seem to have a report on that. I looked I can’t find one but it is on the BC Province paper. Wired!

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Sounds like part of a concerted protectionist campaign to turn consumers back to American goods from cheaper imports from China. First the Red Scare, then Islam, now the Chinese. Coincidences?

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Sounds like part of a concerted protectionist campaign to turn consumers back to American goods from cheaper imports from China. First the Red Scare, then Islam, now the Chinese. Coincidences?

Good evening Spade, protectionism is not in the realm on this one being that China is on resent record poisoning thousand upon thousands of children feeding them contaminated food, being that the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing when it comes to supervision on delicate health and food concerning issues.

The Name of the game in China is producing it cheap and who can complain when it is really cheap.

But when headaches come on and nose bleeds, I don’t think that is from protectionist propaganda but rather a conspiracy to increase profit. We are not talking about health, in China, or maybe after heavy sanctions against all contaminated garbage that make it to North America from China should be turned back and ask for the initial capital out lay for the contaminated product.

These guys are bad dudes, when we see a serious problem like you having to level your home and start fresh, and all of a sudden you also loose all your equity if there is any left, BEING THAT YOU NEED TO REBUILD. What a nightmare while the insurance company sends registered mail telling the home owner we are not interested in claims of this nature.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Good evening Spade, protectionism is not in the realm on this one being that China is on resent record poisoning thousand upon thousands of children feeding them contaminated food, being that the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing when it comes to supervision on delicate health and food concerning issues.

The Name of the game in China is producing it cheap and who can complain when it is really cheap.

But when headaches come on and nose bleeds, I don’t think that is from protectionist propaganda but rather a conspiracy to increase profit. We are not talking about health, in China, or maybe after heavy sanctions against all contaminated garbage that make it to North America from China should be turned back and ask for the initial capital out lay for the contaminated product.

These guys are bad dudes, when we see a serious problem like you having to level your home and start fresh, and all of a sudden you also loose all your equity if there is any left, BEING THAT YOU NEED TO REBUILD. What a nightmare while the insurance company sends registered mail telling the home owner we are not interested in claims of this nature.
Why would you have to level a house? I realize it would be a mess to deal with but you can rip out the drywall and replace it. The shell of the house will still be there. You don't need to tear down the framing. Doors, lighting fixtures, bathroom fixtures etc. can all be removed and re-installed. Probably cheaper than leveling the house.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
A copy of one home-inspection report obtained by the Province on a Florida home where Chinese Dry-wall was installed reads:

"This type of dry-wall was produced with materials that emit toxic hydro-gen-solfide gas and other sulfide gases alleged to cause serious health conditions and illnesses, such as shortness of breath, dizziness, headaches, fatigue, insomnia, eye irritations and respiratory difficulties".

The affects of this toxic product is equal to problem that of a meth house.

That sounds like mould.... Florida: Humidity. Inadequate ventilation (so hurricane winds can't get in behind anything) Add air conditioning and you have the recipe for condensation.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
That sounds like mould.... Florida: Humidity. Inadequate ventilation (so hurricane winds can't get in behind anything) Add air conditioning and you have the recipe for condensation.

Toronto would face similar atmospheric pressures, in terms of humidity as Florida, isn't that the case? Is there anyone in the Toronto area affected and talking? Out here they are. Being that they said a big shipment made it into Canada and some landed in Ontario?