Change We Can Believe In: How About the End of Farmers Markets? Say Hello to H.R. 875

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Change We Can Believe In: How About the End of Farmers Markets? Say Hello to H.R. 875: Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009

Tags:DICTATORSHIP

What this will do is force anyone who produces food of any kind, and then transports it to a different location for sale, to register with a new federal agency called the “Food Safety Administration.” Even growers who only sell only fruit and/or vegetables at farmers markets would not only have to register, but they would be subject inspections by federal agents of their property and all records related to food production. The frequency of these inspections will be determined by the whim of the Food Safety Administration. Mandatory “safety” records would have to be kept. Anyone who fails to register and comply with all of this nonsense could be facing a fine of up to $1,000,000 per violation.

Webmaster's Commentary:
FDA and USDA are already supposed to be making sure our food is safe (nice going on the SBGH bozos) so the only real purpose of creating yet another food agency is to impose so much paperwork and inspections on small farmers that they will not be able to sell their produce at farmer's markets and roadside stands. IN other words, this is intended to drive them small farmers out of business and grant agribusiness and supermarket chains a monopoly on food production and distribution.
This is all the more reckless and dangerous right now because it is the small dispersed farmers who will be best positioned to feed the nation through a total economic collapse during which farming corporations and supermarket distributors will collapse and cease to operate at all.
cryptogon.com » Archives » Change We Can Believe In: How About the End of Farmers Markets? Say Hello to H.R. 875: Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009

control the food supply and you control the people.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
That's dumb. Farmers markets are perfectly safe. They have to be at least as safe as the fast food chains that are allowed to operate.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
That's dumb. Farmers markets are perfectly safe. They have to be at least as safe as the fast food chains that are allowed to operate.
it's not about how safe they are....the safety issue is bullsh!t..........I'd prefer to buy my food from a farmer anyday as its hundreds times safer than some of the poisons approved by the likes of the fda and Canadas equivalent.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

But Montsano doesn't make any money off organic farmers and that is really what this is all about, that and protecting the income of farmers that bought quotas from the marketing boards which are now missing out on their slice of the pie.
We did find a way around the local meat problem. It is now sold from the farm as not safe for human consumption. What you do with it after it leaves the farm is out of the bureaucrats sight. Or you can buy a cow and hire a farmer to raise it for you and butcher it.
Write your MP and complain.
Back in about the 1930's when my father was a teen on a farm marketing boards came about.(I may be slightly off on the numbers) and told the farmers they now had to sell their carrots through the new marketing board. At that time the farmer was getting $8.00/ton from the stores. Now they had to buy bags and tags and grade according to marketing board rules, who would now be in charge of marketing as well. The end result was the price to the consumer doubled but the farmer only gained $1.00/ton for all the extra effort.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I heard about this a couple of years ago. The idea isn't to make us safe but to increase the market share for big corporations. The next step will be to restrict gardens.

I don't understand how people can call this freedom...

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
The biggest problem I have with the central processing is that if the plant does get contaminated, there goes that food item for the whole country. All the related products in the country have to be recalled. Whereas if a small farm happens to get contaminated with something it is only food from that farm effected and a small portion of the country, if not just a township.

Would this apply to all resellers of food. We have a small market in the Summer where it is mostly store boughts fruits and stuff for the tourists of the area. A couple of people will make the drive to the city to buy the food and bring it back and sell it at a small markup for their trouble. Saves a 100 people driving to the city every week in the Summer, and the locals like it too. When things are in season they are farm fresh.

May have to work on re-sellers licences or something to purchase like that and from farmers to re-sell in a market. That could take the strain off the farmer.

Besides from what I have seen of health and food inspections, most people will not be affected. Some of the low and sleazy places that they allow to open up in our cities to serve the public food should be a good sign of that. I still don't know how they can make money unless they are selling drugs, cause the food is hell.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Vitamins nutrients minerals are now called 'toxins" believe it or not.
Codex Alimentarius has declared nutrients to be toxins. How has it done this? Through distorting real science into a meaningless, pseudo-scientific framework that allows the convenient elimination of vitamins, minerals, and eventually all other nutrients from the market.Why would any one do something this absurd and harmful? Simple: the purpose behind Codex Alimentarius is to eliminate competition to the pharmaceutical industry. However, it is necessary to give people the impression that Codex Alimentarius operates scientifically, even though this impression has nothing to do with reality.

Using Risk Assessment, the Codex Alimentarius Vitamin and Mineral Guideline would set incredibly low doses for vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
For example, Codex intends to restrict the Vitamin C you’re allowed to use to only 200mg/day, or even substantially less. Codex would justify limiting Vitamin C intake to a mere 200mg/day (a useless amount!) through its unscientific application of Risk Assessment/ toxicology, a science totally irrelevant to nutrients.

By year end you will have to get an Rx to get vitamins.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Our governments are loosing relevance by the hour.

I have to wonder if they realize it or not.

Such loss is difficult to detect at first but is like a snowball and suddenly, one day, everyone will just stop participating. It is the path to being a failed state. As they loose power they will become more draconian. The idea that power is gained through violence shouldn't be acceptable anymore.

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
Vitamins nutrients minerals are now called 'toxins" believe it or not.
Codex Alimentarius has declared nutrients to be toxins. How has it done this? Through distorting real science into a meaningless, pseudo-scientific framework that allows the convenient elimination of vitamins, minerals, and eventually all other nutrients from the market.Why would any one do something this absurd and harmful? Simple: the purpose behind Codex Alimentarius is to eliminate competition to the pharmaceutical industry. However, it is necessary to give people the impression that Codex Alimentarius operates scientifically, even though this impression has nothing to do with reality.

Using Risk Assessment, the Codex Alimentarius Vitamin and Mineral Guideline would set incredibly low doses for vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
For example, Codex intends to restrict the Vitamin C you’re allowed to use to only 200mg/day, or even substantially less. Codex would justify limiting Vitamin C intake to a mere 200mg/day (a useless amount!) through its unscientific application of Risk Assessment/ toxicology, a science totally irrelevant to nutrients.

By year end you will have to get an Rx to get vitamins.

Can I have a boiled meat like substance, please. Vitamins, minerals and flavor on the side.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
do you people really believe that your government give a **** about you and yours???
No they dont...what they do give a **** about is the bottom line.....same as every other corporation/conglomerate.
to them we are nothing but useless eaters who are consuming the resources at an alarming rate.
some one above said that the elite would be causing a revolt.......well, what do people do who are in a revolt? they kill each other.........anyone seeing the big picture now?????
"Global 2000 Report To The President, A Blueprint For Genocide" We need to reduce the worlds population by 2/3rds by any means neccessary between the yrs 2000 and 2050, mr president......look it up. its out there.
I have a copy of it.