US Launch Border Surveillance Drone On Canadian Borders?

CanadianLove
Today the US will be launching the first border surveillance drone along the manitoba border. Capable of spotting movement at 10km it transmits data from the swamps of Manitoba back to the drone's base in North Dakota.

U.S. set to launch unmanned aerial drones to monitor Manitoba border

Tyr
Not to worry. It's intent is to keep an eye on all the American's fleeing the US for Canada.

givpeaceachance
RCMP Staff Sgt. Ron Obodzinski said the new surveillance planes will be a big help in the fight against the smuggling of drugs, alcohol and people. "The program is going to enhance our relationship between our American partners and the Canadian agencies," he said.

These UA's have no way of identifying a terrorist from anyone else, so what is the real purpose for these things?

And how does spying on each other improve our relationship? I hope you all realize that it won't be long before they think we're all terrorists.

Remember : thejews, theblacks, thecommunists . . . who will be next?

L Gilbert
Oh, great! Some mixed up Taliban will hijack it and crash into a Brick's in Moosejaw thinking it's an important building in Chitown. Or it'll malfunction and wipeout Chief Brokenrubber's tipi.

Scott Free
Great, robot screws.

Tyr
They could afford a real drone, so this will have to do

L Gilbert
If they could afford it why would they use "so this will have to do"?

givpeaceachance
No seriously. Why do we have to put up with this? Why is it that the government always has to go and do effed up sh#t like this to us????

What if we don't want this?

Scott Free
We're all criminals and the nation is our prison.

Democracy - freedom - liberty - my @ss

EagleSmack
Shoot em' down then.

Ron in Regina

Scott Free
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Shoot em' down then.

Are you a communist?

Freedom is a good thing EagleDork.

Fascism is a bad thing - I guess Americans don't know that anymore.

earth_as_one
Whoever has to monitor those drones is going to have an extremely boring job. If they cross into Canadian airspace without permission, we should complain. I bet more crap comes from the US into Canada than the other way around. (guns and cocaine vs marijuana)

CanadianLove
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Whoever has to monitor those drones is going to have an extremely boring job.

Think of all the false alarms for moose and deer along the border. I bet the swamps are full of them.

Scott Free

Whoever has to monitor those drones is going to have an extremely boring job. If they cross into Canadian airspace without permission, we should complain. I bet more crap comes from the US into Canada than the other way around. (guns and cocaine vs marijuana)

This made me lol - this is so Canada! We'll complain damn it! That'll teach 'em!

gerryh

If it crosses into Canada....shoot the son of a bitch down

Risus
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott FreeView Post

Are you a communist?

Yankees have no rules but their own. They disregard any and all international laws. Their past president was a murderer. They illegally hold and torture so called terrorists.... What more can be said???

Ron in Regina
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

If it crosses into Canada....shoot the son of a bitch down

Sorry. Just injecting perspective.

gerryh
what...because they're the bully on the block they can do whatever they please? BS...time Canadians grew some balls.

Ron in Regina
We better send them a firm but polite letter. That'll learn 'em!!!

Really...shoot down their aircraft? Oh well...whatever.

TenPenny
If the US wants to use drones to monitor their own borders, why is it an issue for us? I'm a Canadian, if the US wants to use drones, they can go ahead. They already have quite a variety of border surveillance equipment in place now.This is somewhat akin to worrying about how your neighbor mows his lawn.

gerryh
I only said shoot it down if crosses into Canadian airspace..... they keep it on their side....fine.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott FreeView Post

Are you a communist?

LOL

Well which am I... a facist or a communist?

What a dope you are.

Spade

LOL

Well which am I... a facist or a communist?

What a dope you are.

I think that's fascist! Hey, that was clever, misspelling your party!

By the way, like bridges to nowhere, drones must be part of a Keynesian stimulus package!

Spade
Hey, drones are nothing. Used to catch them in jars as a kid.
http://www.oldshawfarm.com/archives/gb%20drones%202.JPG

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

By the way, like bridges to nowhere, drones must be part of a Keynesian stimulus package!

Typos are not uncommon but I am not one to jump all over someone about their typos unless they are claiming that they intellectually superior and mispelling in the same post.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Well that is what I was trying to determine. I was called a fascist and a communist in the same post by the same poster. He obviously doesn't understand there is a difference.

Spade

Well that is what I was trying to determine. I was called a fascist and a communist in the same post by the same poster. He obviously doesn't understand there is a difference.

Hey, I am staying out of this fight. Think I'll go and have toast and milk.

Zzarchov
Their territory, they can do whatever they damn well please in it.

Instead of shooting it down though, lets hit it with an EM pulse and then sell it back on E-Bay. Just like an old man with a kids baseball.

EagleSmack
To be honest... this is not even a small news item here.