China starts mass production of domestically developed regional jet

mit

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2008
SouthWestern Ontario
Good for them - Now hopefully they will shop the world for the core components for the aircraft and if Canada is smart they will be pushing for Pratt and Whitney engines - made in Canada - CAE training systems - made in Canada and partnerships with Bombardier for sharing technology - As their regional needs are filled Pratt and Whitney and CAE and Bombardier can use the profits from sales to China to invest in new world class technology to keep one step ahead of them and keep China as a customer not sit back and wait for them to take over the industry.

mit

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2008
SouthWestern Ontario
I think you may be surprised by how much China depends on the West for technology especially when it comes to government initiatives - Seems being a government official that cuts corners in building projects could get their own head cut off - Greed is a powerful motivator but self preservation is strong also.

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
we'll see how quickley they start hitting the ground after they've been in the air for a few hours....... look for premature airframe stress fractures from using shoddy material and/or poor workmanship....same with major engine and electronic failures.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Thought I recognised it from some where....no real surprise though....when was the last time the chinese had an original idea of there own......... gun powder?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Yup....nothing of recent vintage.
Why not ? What about shooting a cosmonaut into a space and bringing him safely back to earth - not too long ago.
What about your country; an invention of basketball perhaps......bull ,basketball was invented in USof A not in Canada and it was played by an American players not Canadians.To this day majority of players are American not Canadians and the game itself is an American competition .Can you tell me of any significant Canadian playing in a NBA ?- I can name some Chinese players and man they're ain't shabby .So, a Canadian came up with an idea ,the Americans made it "the game."
Obviously thee must be a reason why he came up with the idea in the USofA not in Canada;think it out .

JUst joking gerryh .

Last edited:

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
China has made incredible progress since 1949. A genuine credit to its genius! I have nothing but high regard for their people.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Why not ? What about shooting a cosmonaut into a space and bringing him safely back to earth - not too long ago.
What about your country; an invention of basketball perhaps......bull ,basketball was invented in USof A not in Canada and it was played by an American players not Canadians.To this day majority of players are American not Canadians and the game itself is an American competition .Can you tell me of any significant Canadian playing in a NBA ?- I can name some Chinese players and man they're ain't shabby .So, a Canadian came up with an idea ,the Americans made it "the game."
Obviously thee must be a reason why he came up with the idea in the USofA not in Canada;think it out .

Basketball... Hummmmmm

In early December 1891, Dr. James Naismith,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball#cite_note-1 a Canadian physical education professor from McGill University of Montréal and instructor at YMCA Training Schoolhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball#cite_note-2 (today, Springfield College) in Springfield, Massachusetts, USA, sought a vigorous indoor game to keep his students occupied and at proper levels of fitness during the long New England winters.

Basketball - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ok so a Professor from Montreal ( a Canadian ) invented it. I think that qualifies..

Professional Basketball Star

Active Players
Steve Nash ( born South Africa but Canadian Citizen )
Rick Fox
Todd MacCulloch
Jamaal MagloireRest of the list
NBA.com - Canadians in the NBA

Granted Basketball is not as popular in Canada as Hockey.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
China has made incredible progress since 1949.
yeap , it was done by the immigrants ( scienists ,engineers) who came to Canada after the 2world war] A genuine credit to its genius! I have nothing but high regard for their people.[/quote]And you should , for also the Chinese people who without complaining changed the face of their country and their economy in less than 30 ys .
Canada has the land ,it has the resources it is situated next to a richest country in a world for over 100 years ...and ...ah give me a break .
Hey man , I love CAnada ,the land the people ,I detest those who are running this country and passing stupid laws .

Last edited:

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC

What about shooting an cosmonaut in space ? Are you trying to say no one has ever done this before ?

Beside the ship they used was a copy of the Soviet version..

Shenzhou is a spacecraft developed by the People's Republic of China to support its manned spaceflight program. Its design is based on the Russian Soyuz spacecraft, but is larger. The first manned launch was on October 15, 2003.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shenzhou_spacecraft

Please China, enlighten us on how the Chinese made the Blackberry :) Op's or was that the Redberry or Blueberry.. I lost track..

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
And you should , for also the Chinese people who without complaining changed the face of their country and their economy in less than 30 ys .
Canada has the land ,it has the resources it is situated next to a richest country in a world for over 100 years ...and ...ah give me a break .

China, Chinese people have done great things. There is no doubt about it.. But to claim things they have not theirs is not right to give them credit for. Every people have their strengths and weaknesses.. and in your own words, give me a break.