Cadman biographer threatens to sue Conservatives

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
In my last post about this similar topic I said there would probably be more to come.

I have a feeling this will snowball even more as there will be more and more to dig into this story.

Harper and a few Conservatives can run and try to hide but eventually they will need to face the court on this unless they are willing to bleed the Conservative funds to which many Conservatives will not want to see their effort go to someones bad judgement call right or wrong.

A journalist who recorded an infamous interview with Stephen Harper says he could sue members of the Conservative government over their repeated claims that he doctored the tape.

But facing a Tory party with deep pockets, Tom Zytaruk says he would need a lawyer willing to work for free on a defamation suit.

He reacted with dismay Friday after hearing that the Conservatives had once again accused him of manipulating the tape -- a charge they have levelled repeatedly over the last year.

Zytaruk says he's considering legal action, because he's fed up with having his reputation sullied over the so-called Cadman affair.

"Anybody in my position would contemplate that," he told The Canadian Press in an interview.

"Of course, I've thought about it. ... Of course, that's possibly out there because they're continuing with this ridiculous claim that I doctored a tape."

CTV.ca | Cadman biographer threatens to sue Conservatives

Of course Zytaruk concedes he has no cash to fund a legal battle but is poaching for a Lawyer willing to take on his case for "obvious" reasons. I can hear them running and lining up now.. And with Karper having admitted to arguments within inner circles, don't be surprised if it's not a Conservative Lawyer that takes on the case. After all Zytaruk was a Conservative supporter and still has friends..

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
He says he could sue them. He doesn't say he will. I read an article a few days ago that stated that the tape had been tampered with. Just not necessarily the part that our PM might wish had been. Just the fact (if it is fact) that the tampering has occurred at all, probably makes this a difficult case to argue. It sounds like all parties have come to an agreement. I doubt this will go forward.

ParsonManning

Time Out
Feb 11, 2009
Cadman Tape

The "expert" hired by the Conservatives confirmed that the tape had not been altered.

He confirmed that the first part had been over-recorded but the actual tape of Harper was not altered.

This is the truth, and this is why Harper blinked and folded.

Of course they approached Cadman...who else would?

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
The "expert" hired by the Conservatives confirmed that the tape had not been altered.

He confirmed that the first part had been over-recorded but the actual tape of Harper was not altered.

This is the truth, and this is why Harper blinked and folded.

Of course they approached Cadman...who else would?
Anybody could have. Why does it have to be the PM? It could have been someone wanting him to look bad. Why do so many on here want to see only the bad side of everything?

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
There's a good side to the new Cons? Must be withered.
I never named anyone. I just said there are many on here who want to see the bad side of everything. Thanks for proving my point.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
I think with Dona Cadman doing little to none in MY ridding of Surrey it is obvious that people will keep coming at this story.. Why, well because Dona and her daughter have never backed off their statements that Chuck was offered something, yet when asked they claim they NOW believes Harper after meeting him when they says it was not a bribe..

Lots of Cash was spent getting Dona elected and with little appearances ( that made news ) in the last campaign.

The fact that Chuck was not welcomed by Harper in the past was well known and now the about face is a bit concerning in that things seemed manipulated IMO.. Paul Martin wanted him to run as a Liberal was well known in this riding but he said he would run as an Independent again as running Liberal here is much like running Liberal in Calgary Centre. Yes there were rumblings of him also being asked to run under Harper, but the serious offer came from the Liberals not the Conservatives.

Will this die down and become a non-issue, perhaps, but I think it was poorly handled from the start by too many people and has too many loose ends to slip away. This will hang about and keep popping up all the time casting doubts, real or fiction, until all those involved are out of the Conservative Party..