42 arrested in Que., Ont., gang sweep

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
I wonder if they have a few days for the lower Mainland (BC). I'm positive the citizens will pay the per diem for them

MONTREAL — Hundreds of police officers in Quebec and Ontario carried out a massive sweep Thursday to crack down on street gang members.

The operation follows a lengthy investigation into drug trafficking, and targets both dealers and gang leaders.

Ontario police forces conducted search warrants Wednesday night and Thursday morning on residences in Smiths Falls, Ont., Ottawa and surrounding areas under an operation that began in October 2008. The investigation by the Smiths Falls Police, Ottawa Police and the Ontario Provincial Police targeted identified street level drug dealers and involved an undercover police officer who was placed in the drug subculture to make illegal drug buys.

Police say the list grew to more than 25 street level drug dealers and quantities of cocaine, marijuana, ecstasy and other prescription-controlled substances were purchased and seized. A number of charges, including trafficking in controlled substances, against several individuals have been laid

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Times are tough. People have to be inventive, no more chocolate factory.

Tyr: Did your class ever visit Smith Falls?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Times are tough. People have to be inventive, no more chocolate factory.

Tyr: Did your class ever visit Smith Falls?

She's a rough ol railroad town. People have had to be inventive there for years. No less than 3 major employers have shut down within the last year.

Pretty dismal for a town of less than 10,000.

You been there, Said 1?

They have a radio station........................:bounce:
Ana railroad museum.............................:bounce:
And lots of street drugs, apparently............:-(

Used to be known as Little Chicago.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
They still have the sanitorium?

If you mean the Rideau Regional Hospital Centre, nope. That was the last one to shut. It provided in house care for mentally "challenged" (PC for retarded) people since the 1950's, and employment for a few hundred staff. GONZO

It's now being touted as a possible YMCA........Not a bad idea. Has an olympic sized pool, auditorium, etc.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
No. In high school my girldriend was from SF and we went to the chocolate factory
I only ask because the mental hospital was a popular class trip, at one time. You should hear my ex-husband talk about it, you'd think they made him stay the night. I didn't have the pleasure of making the trip, I went to the rich school, we went to the chocolate factory. :lol:

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
If you mean the Rideau Regional Hospital Centre, nope. That was the last one to shut. It provided in house care for mentally "challenged" (PC for retarded) people since the 1950's, and employment for a few hundred staff. GONZO

It's now being touted as a possible YMCA........Not a bad idea. Has an olympic sized pool, auditorium, etc.

And electroshock treatments.