principal receives death threats

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Bang on Nuggler! This tool shouldn't be an educator. Freedom of religion shouldn't excuse anyone from the Anthem. If it offends anyone to that extent, they should feel free and obligated to move to another country where no one gives a damn.

Pray to the God of your choice or not, but if you want to live here and enjoy the benefits of this country, then you best be prepared to give a little bit back.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Man, you people need to take some medication. Back in 2007, they decided to play the anthem only at regular assemblies, SOMETHING THAT IS DONE AT MOST OF THE SCHOOLS IN THIS AREA. A year later, some self righteous dweebs decided that, to honour their dead cousin, they would demand that the anthem be played every morning. As a result, people have sent death threats to the principal? What a country we live in.

I certainly hope that the next time either of you people make a decision at work, that you are fully entitled to make under your employers policy, people who disagree with you send you death threats. It shows a certain degree of maturity, that's for sure.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I think the daily playing of the national anthem should be mandatory.

I think if you don't like it, you can home school your kids. Full stop.

I think this principle is a dick. I guessed in an earlier post on the subject, simply from his appearance, his basic political stance and character type.......and I watcghed the interview with him on CBC the other night, and I was dead on! Everything has to be "inclusive", at the first threat he stopped going to school, and he was a candidate for the Green Party in the last election. In other words, he's an idiot.

Now. The other side.....

He is FAR from the only principle to have taken this stand.
Attention was drawn to this issue in this place by the MP he ran against in the last election.......

He does NOT deserve death threats.......

He deserves a light slap on the wrist, and an order from his superiors to re-instate the Anthem, while legislation is put through the NB legislature making it mandatory.

Also, it should be noted that the anthem is sung in the school at every assembly.....it is not like he dumped it altogether........

If you disciplined every teacher that was caught up in the "inclusive" BS, you'd have empty schools. Brain-dead mushiness is now the essence of educational culture in our school system........

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Man, you people need to take some medication. Back in 2007, they decided to play the anthem only at regular assemblies, SOMETHING THAT IS DONE AT MOST OF THE SCHOOLS IN THIS AREA. A year later, some self righteous dweebs decided that, to honour their dead cousin, they would demand that the anthem be played every morning. As a result, people have sent death threats to the principal? What a country we live in.

I certainly hope that the next time either of you people make a decision at work, that you are fully entitled to make under your employers policy, people who disagree with you send you death threats. It shows a certain degree of maturity, that's for sure.

More or less correct.......I wrote the above before I read this....

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
While I think that guy is an idiot, he sure as hell doesn't deserve death threats. Cripes! There are a lot worse things going on in Canada right now than a doofus refusing to play the anthem.

Get a grip people!:roll:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
"It's pretty traumatic. I just hope that no teacher, no administrator has to go through something like that again," he said.

Well if they don't do something as pathetic as dropping the anthem from a publically funded school, they won't have to.

He did something really stupid, whether or not he had personal justification in his little noggin about it.... he's the principal of the school.... he's not in a position to make decisions like that.... when it's not a private school.

If he didn't want to play the anthem, he shouldn't have been so stupid to just take the matter into his own hands. He should have addressed the school board and asked first in order to cover his own ass.

He didn't think this through, he didn't use his damn brain, and this is the consequence of those actions..... whether or not those who threatened him are justified or not..... it should have been expected.

Idiot.

Millett has said that two parents objected to the anthem ritual on religious grounds, and that he and his staff took the necessary steps to foster an inclusive school.

TWO PARENTS?!

Out of how many other parents?

Religious reasons?

What religious reasons? Extremist Muslim? I would have told them to go find another damn school if that was the case. What a piss poor excuse.... he for sure deserves to be fired.

He also bristled at the idea that students who did not want to be a part of the anthem's singing should step outside.

"Asking a student to leave the classroom every day at the primary level, I think that is unacceptable. That is not the kind of environment I want to create in a school where I'm at," he said.

Idiot..... tell them to stand and keep quiet. I have never heard of anybody having to leave the classroom during the anthem. Kids at a primary level don't have the right to choose.... they are just getting into the school, they have to learn and understand how it is run. I never had a say, nor did any other kids I went to school with.... what tripe.

"If I was a student I would not want to begin my day every day to leave the classroom and be separated from my peers."

They shouldn't have had to leave in the first damn place..... that's his own damn fault to allowing that to occur. Do you think I enjoyed it growing up? No.... but I still did it..... it was manditory, much like many other things about school. You can't simply pick and choose what you want to do in school, and if the anthem offends them based on some stupid religious excuse, then once again.... tell them to go somewhere else.

"I really don't know when I'll be able to return to work. [I am] personally devastated by this," he said.

"I don't know whether I'll ever return to teaching or a principalship again."

Good... gtf out.... he's devastated by this?

He's only got himself to blame, the damn armature..... he took these actions without covering his own ass by clearing it with the school board (Who told him to put it back afterwards) and he based his decision on two parents..... TWO!

And if they want to bitch and moan about the majority always having the say?

WELCOME TO A DEMOCRACY! That's how it works dumbass.....

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

And what did these other parent's kids or parents themselves do for this country to have more of a say?

And it's not just by one parent wanting to honour their dead child... it seems as though it was every other set of parents, minus these other two fools who based their idiotic decision on some lame religous excuse.

And maybe next time when you decide to make a controversial decision that you should damn well know will offend a lot of people, that you cover your ass and make sure you have the support of not just your bosses, but also the community and country which are responsible for your paycheck in a publically funded company.

I'm not justifying the death threats sent against him, but he has clearly showed his poor judgement in this situation and I wouldn't want someone like that having any responsibility over my children.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I think the daily playing of the national anthem should be mandatory.

I think if you don't like it, you can home school your kids. Full stop.

If you feel this way, then tell the Minister of Education, ( I have his email address if you need it), and get that rule made.

Whether I think the anthem should be played every day or not, I'm not sure. One of my kids goes to a school where it is; one goes to a school where it's played at assemblies every second week.

The District rules give the principal the authority to decide this issue - until, of course, the public decides to send him death threats.

This should never have become a national outrage with people spewing such ridiculous venom.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
And it's not just by one parent wanting to honour their dead child... it seems as though it was every other set of parents, minus these other two fools who based their idiotic decision on some lame religous excuse.

Really? You know these people? Because I do know some of them. And I've spoken with them. And I think you're full of it.