They won't be satisfied until Rush Limbaugh is silenced‏

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
The Left would like nothing more than to duct-tape Rush Limbaugh's mouth shut.

I think that's pretty much what everybody's wish is

Last week, Michigan Sen. Debbie Stabenow said she is gearing up for hearings. Can you imagine station owners, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity being marched into Congress to defend their right to free speech?

the horror 8O

Pelosi is on board. John Kerry says it's time. And Obama recently chided Republicans for listening to Rush Limbaugh too much. They control Congress, the White House, the FCC. They believe their time to strike is now.

Conservatives have long known that the Left is determined to silence conservatives. Under the guise of fairness, the oh-so-tolerant American Left is determined to make conservative speech and thought a thing of the past.

Pelosi, Stabenow, Reid, MoveOn.org and others on the Left -- with the help of the Obama administration -- have a strategic plan to reinstate the free-speech restrictions on talk radio without passing a single bill.

If you think the liberal media are bad now, wait until there a limits put on conservative talkers who counter there misinformation, lies by omission and outright spin on behalf of the Democratic Party.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
We all would like to shut limbaugh's mouth and hannity's, it's easy, just change
channels or stations, that is what I do, I just tune into hannity every now and then,
to have a peak, and it's just like a soap opera, you can pick it up very easily, as
it is the same stupid statements over and over.
Obama won't take away anyone freedom of speech, only if it is racist or similarily
hateful.
Limbaugh and hannity just show their own ignorance when they talk, and those
who follow them religiously, (and they usually are), are the same.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
We all would like to shut limbaugh's mouth and hannity's, it's easy, just change
channels or stations, that is what I do, I just tune into hannity every now and then,
to have a peak, and it's just like a soap opera, you can pick it up very easily, as
it is the same stupid statements over and over.
Obama won't take away anyone freedom of speech, only if it is racist or similarily
hateful.
Limbaugh and hannity just show their own ignorance when they talk, and those
who follow them religiously, (and they usually are), are the same.

That's what you think Talloola...but the Democrats do not think that is enough. They want to enact the "Fairness Doctrine" which basically would force Talk Radio to hire Liberal Talk Show Hosts or face penalties. For every hour of a Conservative Show the must have a Liberal Show with equal time.

It does not matter that Liberal Talk Shows get horrible ratings and never last long. They had a whole Liberal radio station "Air America" which tanked because nobody listened. Conservative radio programs do well so the Democrats want that stopped and they will stomp on free speech to get it stopped.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
That's what you think Talloola...but the Democrats do not think that is enough. They want to enact the "Fairness Doctrine" which basically would force Talk Radio to hire Liberal Talk Show Hosts or face penalties. For every hour of a Conservative Show the must have a Liberal Show with equal time.

Where is the proof of this so called Democratic attemp?

Can't see anyone forcing anyone else to have a show on air.. But hey it would not be the first time I hear someone say "They forced us to have this equal time ......"

It does not matter that Liberal Talk Shows get horrible ratings and never last long. They had a whole Liberal radio station "Air America" which tanked because nobody listened. Conservative radio programs do well so the Democrats want that stopped and they will stomp on free speech to get it stopped.

Not sure about you but just Google Air America and it seems to be doing OK after being taken over from Chapter 11 in 2006. I am really not sure how you could stop Conservative radio or Liberal Radio in a FREE Country. Your point seems redundant if Conservative radio is every where and much more popular and there is little to no Liberal Radio as you so claim.

Air America Media

Air America Media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not that I really care as the radio station I listen to has a varied view from right to far right.. :D

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
I haven't listened to that fat a$$ for over 15 years.
I stopped watching the media a couple of years ago. I turned it on once this past Summer to see a bunch of school kids get shot and a little girl possibly murdered in Florida. I listen to the CBC Radio once a day, and subscribe to the regions of interest online CBC. I seem to be doing alright although I am not as crabby as the rest of the people around town. I don't mind not fitting into the mold if this is the case. Ha.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

That's probably because the liberals listen to music on their radios, and the
evangelicals and other right wing republicans, listen to limbaugh.;-)
The liberals are the silent majority, happy with their casual lives, not
constantly fighting to change the freedoms and rights of others, as the
looney right wingers are doing.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
lol I saw the guy once. He seemed like a fat, loudmouthed schnook. That Anne Coulter sounds like a skinny, female version of him. I had to laugh. Mind you the left have their own loudmouthed schnooks: Grace Paley comes to mind. There's been a few actors that should keep their yaps out of politics, too.
I mentioned Jack Webster in another thread. Now there was a guy who wasn't particularly on either wing but he sure was great at holding pols feet to the fire. No pol was safe around him :D

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Rush is an idiot, a hypocrite, and a loudmouth asshole who hasn't accomplished anything other than be a critic. Wait, that's Don Cherry. No, it's Rush.

He's an entertainer. That's all he is. Like a Jon Stewart, without the humour.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Rush Limbaugh told a black caller to his show to "take that bone out of your nose and call me back"

I don't think the intent of the Fairness Act is to so much give equal time as to have someone refute Rush's racist stance on the spot

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I mentioned Jack Webster in another thread. Now there was a guy who wasn't particularly on either wing but he sure was great at holding pols feet to the fire. No pol was safe around him :D

I remember Jack Webster well, he used to keep bill bennett sr and jr up against
the wall on many occasion, and gaglardi too, Jack was a good guy.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Not that I really care as the radio station I listen to has a varied view from right to far right.. :D

Here is your proof.

Michael Calderone's Blog: Sen. Harkin: 'We need the Fairness Doctrine back' - Politico.com

Air America is done. It forced itself into every market and got smashed. Now they are a fraction of what they were. You can't even find them here in Mass as I used to tune in to hear them whine from time to time... that is until one day I tuned in and there was a Portugese program going on. So much for Air America.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
To be fair, Conservative stations are only a problem because they pass themselves off as news. They aren't. They are entertainment. The problem comes in when they use their money to choke actual news.

Shows were Consveratives yell at people like screaming monkeys and fly around sexist and racist crap that wouldnt' have flown in the 70's on one end, and The Daily Show and Colbert Report on the other, who at least admit they are pure comedy and not real news. Of course Entertainment trumps news, people pay to be entertained buy expect news free.

But for gods sakes, do not give these people press badges and don't let them call themselves news or be on 24-hour news channels.

If you apply to operate a channel, you have to specify what type of programming you offer. The History Channel can't run CSI (Even if it gets ratings) and has been fined for that.

These ridiculous shows should not get to call themselves news or be broadcast on news channels.

They should have every right to spout their views, as opinion pieces. We have laws about truth in advertising, you can't call something free press if it isn't, you shouldn't get a press badge unless you are a member of the press.

Do you notice how the Daily Show does not have a press badge?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Rush Limbaugh isn’t going anywhere, as long as people listen to him, he will be around. And I don’t think the Congress can do anything to shut him down. The so called ‘Fairness Doctrine’ will be very difficult to get through Congress, I don’t think the votes are there. That is just a bogeyman raised by the far right.