60-year-old woman gives birth to twin boys

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
More reasons for mandatory birth control

'I thought it was a joke,' says doc; Canadian got IVF treatments in India

CALGARY, Alberta - A 60-year-old woman gave birth to twin boys after undergoing fertility treatments, Canadian national media reported Thursday.
Ranjit Hayer became a mother for the first time on Tuesday at Calgary's Foothills Hospital, according to the Canadian Broadcasting Corp.
The Canadian Press news agency said the Calgary Health Region confirmed a 60-year-old woman had given birth.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Lucky kids.... By the time they'll need to borrow the car, Mom won't want the battle.

Whatever happened to morals and ethics?

..borrow the car? By the time the want to learn to ride a bike!!!

The fertility treatment was done in India where the almighty coin is much greater than moral or ethical values

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
As a child of older parents I truly feel sorry for these babies. They will probably be "orphaned" long before they should. I always view this as the selfish side of being a parent. I know that lots of kids grow up without a Mom or a Dad and they do just fine. When you grow up with your Mom and Dad there and then suddenly due to the things that come with age, they are gone, life can become much more difficult. I was luckier than these children. My Dad was 54 when I was born but he died a few days before my 19th birthday. Almost everyone I know at my age either still has both or one of their parents living or if not, they have only recently lost them. I have been without parents since I was 27. Hardly a child and yet not ready to let go either.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
"Lucky kids" last post stared out in a nice sarcastic shade of purple. Gremlins, eh? Geez ... I'm, 52 and still have a full set of parents. Pity those kids will never know that....

Diarygirl

Electoral Member
Oct 28, 2008
Newfoundland
Wow! Sounds like this lady was desperately seeking to be a mother....and at the age of 60...yeow, I can't imagine! Well, she got to be a mother of two instead of one...hope she has help raising them.