Cheney speaks

Tyr
#1
Methinks The Dickster needs a very loooong rest and some sunshine after being holed up in the super blast proof, top secret, underground bunker for the past 4 yrs


From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Cheney said the Obama administration's policies are making the country less safe.



(CNN) – The Obama administration's new policies on Guantanamo Bay prison and the treatment of detainees makes it more likely a terrorist attack against the United States will succeed, former Vice President Dick Cheney said Tuesday.

In an interview with Politico, the former vice president issued a stringent defense of the Bush administration's record on the war on terror, and said he worries the President Obama has already made the country more vulnerable.

Earlier: Cheney: Bush should have pardoned Libby

“When we get people who are more concerned about reading the rights to an Al Qaeda terrorist than they are with protecting the United States against people who are absolutely committed to do anything they can to kill Americans, then I worry,” Cheney said in the interview published Wednesday.

Cheney also predicted the Obama administration is likely to backtrack on its pledge to end coercive interrogation techniques, since the protection of the United States from terrorists is a "tough, mean, dirty, nasty business.”

"These are evil people. And we’re not going to win this fight by turning the other cheek," he said.
 
Praxius
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by TyrView Post

Methinks The Dickster needs a very loooong rest and some sunshine after being holed up in the super blast proof, top secret, underground bunker for the past 4 yrs


From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Cheney said the Obama administration's policies are making the country less safe.

Anything to try and justify his own past actions to the bitter end.

Quote:

(CNN) – The Obama administration's new policies on Guantanamo Bay prison and the treatment of detainees makes it more likely a terrorist attack against the United States will succeed, former Vice President Dick Cheney said Tuesday.

What? Treating them like human beings, abiding to the rule of international and humanitarian law and doing the right thing will make them want to destroy the US even more?

I figured through common sense that it'd be the other way around, since you know.... that's how this whole thing kinda started in the first place.

Quote:

In an interview with Politico, the former vice president issued a stringent defense of the Bush administration's record on the war on terror, and said he worries the President Obama has already made the country more vulnerable.



Well during the whole 8 years there hasn't been a real "Mission Acomplished" in either Afghanistan or Iraq.... so I'd have to say he doens't know wtf he's talking about, since his mentality and tactics acomplished nothing.

Quote:

Earlier: Cheney: Bush should have pardoned Libby

“When we get people who are more concerned about reading the rights to an Al Qaeda terrorist than they are with protecting the United States against people who are absolutely committed to do anything they can to kill Americans, then I worry,” Cheney said in the interview published Wednesday.

This guys a fool..... you can't protect your nation and your nation's ideals if you toss them away whenever you feel you want to..... you either hold true to your ideals all the way and hold faith in your ideal's ability to lead you through all the tought times to show you're the stronger nation, or you piddle away and stoop to the same level as those you claim are then enemies and become a hypocrite.

Idiot.

Quote:

Cheney also predicted the Obama administration is likely to backtrack on its pledge to end coercive interrogation techniques, since the protection of the United States from terrorists is a "tough, mean, dirty, nasty business.”



Yeah, why don't you go hunting and shoot some more people? Seems to be the only thing you're good at.

Quote:

"These are evil people. And we’re not going to win this fight by turning the other cheek," he said.



I thought that was the "Christian" thing to do.... what a hypocrite...... geez.

This is the last guy anybody should be taking advice from.... which also explains the last 8 years.
 
Ron in Regina
#3
Dick didn't invite Barrack to go quall hunting or anything, did he? You know, in
the interests of National Security as Dick sees them...
 
L Gilbert
#4
lol Wife says about Dumbya "sad and stunned little man". She says the thought of Cheney makes her skin crawl. He raises the hairs on the back of my neck. Spideysense or whatever it is. What a foul, insidious, conniving, self-serving facsimile of a man.
 
Kreskin
#5
I hope there are a lot of things Cheney doesn't like about the new administration.
 
Praxius
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

lol Wife says about Dumbya "sad and stunned little man". She says the thought of Cheney makes her skin crawl. He raises the hairs on the back of my neck. Spideysense or whatever it is. What a foul, insidious, conniving, self-serving facsimile of a man.

Well if that's the case, then I need to bring up a picture for her:

 
L Gilbert
#7
What did she ever do to you?
 
Praxius
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

What did she ever do to you?

Nothing, I just like messing with people's heads.
 
L Gilbert
#9
Makes me wonder just how messed up yours is that you'd do things like that.
 
SirJosephPorter
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

lol Wife says about Dumbya "sad and stunned little man". She says the thought of Cheney makes her skin crawl. He raises the hairs on the back of my neck. Spideysense or whatever it is. What a foul, insidious, conniving, self-serving facsimile of a man.

He is not known as 'Darth Vader' for nothing, he has fully earned the nickname.
 
Avro
#11
Cheney is the lowest form of scum.
 
L Gilbert
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorterView Post

He is not known as 'Darth Vader' for nothing, he has fully earned the nickname.

Wow. I didn't know that.
 
Unforgiven
#13
There is the problem when you start from protecting your people and throw away the rules to win and any cost.

Life would be perfectly safe for me and my family if all of you were in prison under maximum security. Simple enough and I suppose effective, but then the big problem becomes me not you.

As Praius said, you can't throw away the moral high ground simply to get down and dirty with those who mean to do you harm. Protect yourself yes, but show a better way and more people will jump on the bandwagon and buy into that way. Then they too have something to lose to those who would attempt to topple your way, and thus have a vested interest in both promoting it and defending it.
 
Spade
#14
Richard Cheney is an anagram for a Hard Cynic Here.
 
Avro
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Wow. I didn't know that.

 
Tyr
#16
I guess he keeps rather unique company

"BYU permitted a protest to occur so long as it did not "make personal attacks against Cheney, attack (the) BYU administration, the church or the First Presidency"

Talk about rubbin' elbows with the god. IF BYU is in your corner, you'd best find a round church
 
Praxius
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Makes me wonder just how messed up yours is that you'd do things like that.

Well I try to use avatars to represent what's going on in my head now and again..... as you may see, my head's a bit twisted
 
Praxius
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

There is the problem when you start from protecting your people and throw away the rules to win and any cost.

Life would be perfectly safe for me and my family if all of you were in prison under maximum security. Simple enough and I suppose effective, but then the big problem becomes me not you.

As Praius said, you can't throw away the moral high ground simply to get down and dirty with those who mean to do you harm. Protect yourself yes, but show a better way and more people will jump on the bandwagon and buy into that way. Then they too have something to lose to those who would attempt to topple your way, and thus have a vested interest in both promoting it and defending it.

I'd rep ya if it'd let me, but I agree
 
Praxius
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by AvroView Post

We should make a Cheney thread of all the silly images we can put him into.... or others who have.
 

Similar Threads

2
Putin speaks out
by darkbeaver | Feb 10th, 2007
1
A DIEBOLD INSIDER SPEAKS!
by mrmom2 | Sep 17th, 2005
32
commerce speaks?
by ice water | Jan 19th, 2005
no new posts