Michael Phelps: Dope Smoker

Kreskin
Is there anyone who doesn't smoke that stuff?

Francis2004
Me..............

My Allergies to it just kill me... Everytime I get close to someone who smokes it I go crazy..

Spade
Benny the Sixteen. He prefers incense.

Looks like Michael is human.

gopher
Looks fake. But I understand he apologized so it must be real.

Spade
Quote: Originally Posted by SirFrancis2004View Post

Me..............

Me too. Hate smoke of any kind!

Kreskin
If I had known the effects of the stuff I would've done more and tried for 8 Olympic medals.

dumpthemonarchy
So what, big whoop. Legalize pot now. Free Marc Emery.

Cannuck
It's not performance enhancing so who cares.

gopher
Quote: Originally Posted by Spade

Me too. Hate smoke of any kind!

"Smoke" was a great novel by Turgenev:

Highly recommended.

Spade
Just finished Lev Tolstoy's Resurrection. Another gooder. May try a good Smoke after all!

VanIsle
Not me either. I don't smoke period. I don't understand why you guys want that crap.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by IslandpacificView Post

Not me either. I don't smoke period. I don't understand why you guys want that crap.

Ah, but for a nickle, the dealer will sell you some sweet dreams! - to paraphrase Steppenwolf. Ya shouldn't knock anything you never tried.

In Between Man
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Ah, but for a nickle, the dealer will sell you some sweet dreams! - to paraphrase Steppenwolf. Ya shouldn't knock anything you never tried.

Best nickel ever spent! Speaking of sweet dreams...

Francis2004

Except when being near the weed makes you swell up like a blowfish..

That goes for Tobacco or any ragweed family products.. Yes even Tomatoes...

VanIsle

Me thinks I know you too well. I saw you quoted lower down on the page and I thought "Those words are Cliff's response to me" and voila! Here is my answer. I'm never going to try it regardless but - that's just me. I can think of better ways to spend my dime (and my nickle too). If you are still here on line - sweet dreams. Sounds like Spade is going to have some.

Cliffy

Holy Cow, SirFrancis, you smoked tomato leaves. That must have been really harsh man. I think I would swell up like a blowfish too!

Praxius
Quote: Originally Posted by IslandpacificView Post

The same reason why people will drink a glass a wine a day, or to get sh*t faced on the weekend when shooting vodka.

Why?

Because it's there.

Andem
Michael Phelps problem now is if his sponsors pull out, this is a huge money loser.

Praxius

Well to each their own.... I used to drink all the time, now I screwed my stomach and can't drink without crapping out liquid fire for 2 days.....

But even when I did take the time to drink, I never understood why people did.... you get sick, puke your guts up, loose your co-ordination, tend to act either stupid, ignorant, jerkish, violent, or something else not all that positive.... you can end up forgetting what you did most of the night before in some cases...... it's expensive considering what you need to spend to get some sort of an effect in just one night..... I could spend the same amount of weed that would last me at least three days.

But people do, so who am I to argue?

Praxius
Quote: Originally Posted by AndemView Post

Michael Phelps problem now is if his sponsors pull out, this is a huge money loser.

One thing I never got was who cares? What's done on his own personal time is nobody else's business. Sure everybody's used to the tabloids giving us all the personal details of celeb's off work lifestyle, but that doesn't make it right..... it's an invasion of privacy and so long as they can do what they're meant to do in their jobs, whatever that may be.... what should it matter if they smoke pot, drink all the time, or have big sex parties?

Sure this is the US and marijuana is more looked down apon then a masturbating priest, but come on..... (No pun intended)

Actually, what sort of effect would it have on the public's image if he was caught having a big orgy, compared to smoking a bong? One's legal and the other isn't.... but what effect would have been made?

But I think the balls in his court.... who cares about what sponsors drop? He's got friggin gold medals up the wazoo..... I'm sure many other sponsors would love to take their place..... like Mary Jane's Smoke Shop, or High Times Magazine.

In fact, he shouldn't have apologized.... he should have taking his position and used it to promote the decriminalization of marijuana in the US, followed by the legalization there after.

He's got the power man.

Added:

If my private life was exposed like that to the public and I was in a position like he was, I'd be doing exactly what they wouldn't be expecting and turn the whole situation up apon its ***.... and cause a huge stink of a movement..... that'll learn em.

Zzarchov
And this is why according to Canuck's exhaustive research, Michael Phelps will never amount to anything, he lacks cognative skills and motivation.

Praxius

Holy Cow, SirFrancis, you smoked tomato leaves. That must have been really harsh man. I think I would swell up like a blowfish too!

Maybe he should try a vaporizer.

Praxius
Quote: Originally Posted by ZzarchovView Post

And this is why according to Canuck's exhaustive research, Michael Phelps will never amount to anything, he lacks cognative skills and motivation.

Or the Canadian Snowboarder, Matthew Morison, who won a silver.... oh wait.... if he didn't smoke weed, he would have gotten gold

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Is there anyone who doesn't smoke that stuff?

Who actually gives a rat's ***?

Zzarchov
the US olympic committee, they can shelve him as a bad rolemodel.

You can't have someone who's used drugs being a rolemodel to millions. What if it came out that he also did cocaine in his youth? Imagine how terrible a rolemodel he'd be then!

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by ZzarchovView Post

Firstly, I never suggested he or any pot smoker wouldn't amount to anything but you are right, he does lack cognitive skills...walk away from millions in endorsements just for a toke at a party. Another example backing up my observations.

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by PraxiusView Post

Well to each their own.... I used to drink all the time, now I screwed my stomach and can't drink without crapping out liquid fire for 2 days.....

But even when I did take the time to drink, I never understood why people did.... you get sick, puke your guts up, loose your co-ordination, tend to act either stupid, ignorant, jerkish, violent, or something else not all that positive.... you can end up forgetting what you did most of the night before in some cases...... it's expensive considering what you need to spend to get some sort of an effect in just one night..... I could spend the same amount of weed that would last me at least three days.

But people do, so who am I to argue?

You know, I think that no one taught you to drink. From what you described, you drank to get hammered. When you are a kid and get access to booze at 18, 19, or 21, all the doors open and you can have all you want. No one around you knows anything except that you have to learn how to drink like a MAN and this means puking and getting blitzed out of your mind.

It is actually all wrong.

To drink correctly you have to learn a few things about yourself like your limits, your threshold and what sort of alcohol affects you in the right way.

This, like enjoying pot, should be taught to kids as they are reaching their later teen years. What to eat with what to prepare the palate, how to clense, and how to mix the assorted flavours so that at the end of the evening, you have a delicious glow, and your system is able to handle the detoxification of the alcohol and pot you have embibed over the evening.

I drink Bushmills Black Bush Irish Whiskey because of the taste and texture. I drink Guinness because of the taste and texture. Not to get drunk, I rarely get drunk anymore.

But it's madness to think that if you tall kids it's bad all their life and not to touch it, then one day when they reach an age, you open all the locks and tell them to be good while all their friends are yelling drink drink drink at them, that there won't be a problem.

Seems to me that it's exactly backwards.

Teach them what it is and a responsible way to enjoy it, and allow them to discover their boundries while safe at home with you to guide them, and you won't go wrong.

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Firstly, I never suggested he or any pot smoker wouldn't amount to anything but you are right, he does lack cognitive skills...walk away from millions in endorsements just for a toke at a party. Another example backing up my observations.

And of course he is all of what 23?
Everyone knows that at that age kids are as responsible and understand the ramifications of all things. Especially those shealtered ones who were never allowed to think about anything other than a sport.

If you want to see the most responsible and inteligent activities in the world, look no further than your local college or university at end of year. Or any sping break.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

And of course he is all of what 23?
Everyone knows that at that age kids are as responsible and understand the ramifications of all things.

23 is not a kid. I already owned my first house by then and I didn't have millions in endorsement money. If I had, I would have made some effort to protect it. Then again, I wasn't a pot smoker with poor cognitive skills.

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

23 is not a kid. I already owned my first house by then and I didn't have millions in endorsement money. If I had, I would have made some effort to protect it. Then again, I wasn't a pot smoker with poor cognitive skills.

Niether is an 18 year old. Still "kids" is a relative thing. My two are grown adults yet they both are still kids when I see them.

I would suspect that Phelps has spent far more than you paid for your house back then on PR to protect his endorsments.

And about this poor cognitive skills stuff I would like to see what you think about people who have smoked pot in this list.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Louisa May Alcott

Robert Altman
Jennifer Aniston
Louis Armstrong
Hal Ashby
Mary Aubert
Dan Aykroyd
Tallulah Bankhead
Candy Barr
Mischa Barton
Orson Bean
Gertrude Bell
John Belushi
Walter Benjamin
Jack Black
Lewis Black
Susan Blackmore
H.P. Blavatsky
Michael Bloomberg
Paul Bowles
Pattie Boyd
Peter Boyle
Bill Bradley
Richard Branson
Jeff Bridges
Pierce Brosnan
Christopher Buckley

Lord Buckley
William F. Buckley
Richard Burton
Bush Family
George Carlin
Hoagy Carmichael
Jack Carter
Fidel Castro
Neal Cassady
Orlando Cepeda
Mario Chalmers
Kelly Clarkson
Hillary Clinton
Stephen Colbert
Norm Coleman
Bing Crosby
David Crosby
Macaulay Culkin
Tony Curtis
Matt Damon
Rodney Dangerfield
Bob Denver
John Denver
Cameron Diaz
Isak Dinesen
Sam Donaldson
Donovan
Alexandre Dumas
Rick Dutrow
Kirsten Dunst
Bob Dylan
Cass Elliot
Melissa Etheridge
Lindsey Evans
Walker Evans
Richard Feynman
Ford Family
Errol Flynn
Morgan Freeman
Art Garfunkel
Ringo Garza
Bill Gates
Will Geer
Gilberto Gil
Julia Gillard
Newt Gingrich
Alan Ginsberg
Jackie Gleason
Al Gore
Larry Hagman
Gary Hall
Daryl Hannah
Woody Harrelson
Danneel Harris
Ed Harris
John Hay
Jim Hightower
Paris Hilton
Don Ho
David Hockney
Bob Hope
Josh Howard
Victor Hugo
Chrissie Hynde
Phil Jackson

Jefferson Airplane
Norah Jones
Shawn Kemp
John F. Kennedy
John Kerry
Justin Kirk
Gene Krupa
Queen Latifah
Heath Ledger
Phil Lesh
John Lennon
Rush Limbaugh
Jack London
Courtney Love
Madonna
Bill Maher
Norman Mailer
Ray Manzarek
Bob Marley
Steve Martin
Groucho Marx
Matthew McConaughey
Margaret Mead
Paul McCartney
Frances McDormand
Mezz Mezzrow
George Michael
Bette Midler
John Stuart Mill
Robert Mitchum

Armedo Modigliani
Roger Moore
Randy Moss
Bill Murray
Fulla Nayak

Willie Nelson
Henry T. Nicholas III
Jack Nicholson
Peggy Noonan
Barack Obama
Anita O'Day
George Orwell
Haley Joel Osment
Steven Page
Sarah Palin
Robert Parish
David Patterson
M. Scott Peck
Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers
Ryan Phillippe
Pablo Picasso

Pink

Brad Pitt
Michael Pollan
Popeye the Sailorman
Prince Harry
Marcel Proust
Pythagoras
Francois Rabelais
Ross Rebagliati
Buddy Rich
Arthur Rimbaud
Diego Rivera
Anita Rod****
Oliver Sacks
Carl Sagan
Susan Sarandon
Julian Schnabel
Arnold Schwarzenegger
David Sedaris
William Shakespeare
Donna Shalala
Sarah Silverman
John Sinclair
Jacqui Smith
Robert Smith
Todd Snider
Aaron Sorkin
Annie Sprinkle
Robert Louis Stevenson
Rick Steves
Joss Stone
Barbra Streisand
Rob Szatowski
Taboo
Bayard Taylor
Charlize Theron
Rob Thomas
Pete Townsend
Margaret Trudeau
John Trudell
Dalton Trumbo
Oliver Twist
Queen Victoria
Pancho Villa
George Washington
Dawn Wells
Frank Werber

Nathanael West
Ron White
Mary Lou Williams
Montel Williams
Ricky Williams
Tom Wopat

William Butler Yeats

Now just how do your achievments stack up to theirs?