Salmonella Contaminated Peanut Products

Spade
Canadian Food Inspection Agency - Salmonella Contamination - Certain peanut products from the USA - Complete list of products (external - login to view)

Francis2004
Spade, I was going to re-post this but checked first..

My Son has bad allergies to nut and Peanuts was the first one we discovered.. So needless to say we have no issues with this in the house..

For those of you who may have missed it here is another link about it and a quote to add..

Quote:

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency has added dozens more peanut products that may be contaminated with salmonella to its recall list in connection with an outbreak that has sickened hundreds of people in the U.S. and may have caused at least eight deaths.

Fifty more peanut products manufactured in Canada and the U.S. are being recalled, which brings the list to more than 80 items.

The list is comprised of a wide array of snack items, from ice cream cones to protein bars to cookies, manufactured by popular brands such as President's Choice, Compliments, Atkins Advantage and Clif Bar.

CTV.ca | CFIA recalls dozens more peanut products

Kreskin
Not exactly a short list, is it?

Cliffy
Rats!!! Peanuts are one of my main staples. But I don't eat most things that just ahve peanuts in them, I like peanut butter straight up with banana.

In Between Man
I haven't touched deli meat at all since the listeriosis thing, and usually only buy cashews ever since the last peanut butter scare. Eventually I'm sure I'll be eating only eggs and toast everyday, just to stay safe.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by alleywayzalwayzView Post

I haven't touched deli meat at all since the listeriosis thing, and usually only buy cashews ever since the last peanut butter scare. Eventually I'm sure I'll be eating only eggs and toast everyday, just to stay safe.

The only way to be really safe is to grow your own. If you think that is too much time and effort, just think about how much time and energy you waste at a mindless job so you can buy crap.