Three off duty officers arrested for assault and Robbery.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
It doesn't matter how many people saw or if it was even videotaped, these guys will walk or get a slap on the wrist.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
It doesn't matter how many people saw or if it was even videotaped, these guys will walk or get a slap on the wrist.

I agree, but with the witnesses, the victim won't get charged for assaulting the
three off-duty officers on top of getting beaten, threatened, and robbed. The
glass is 1/2 full and the silver lining sort'a thing. 8O

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
As long as this case is in the public eye he might be safe. The RCMP can be absolutely brutal though to people like him. Like bikers they don't like people causing trouble.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
As long as this case is in the public eye he might be safe. The RCMP can be absolutely brutal though to people like him. Like bikers they don't like people causing trouble.
This case has nothing to do with the RCMP. They are 3 City police officers. Are you for one moment suggesting the RCMP would hurt the victim? How biased can you get? Yours is just a different kind of racism. It's against a career choice rather than a race of people.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Wow....thank God for the many witness's, or this guy would be in jail
for assaulting these officers.
How would he be in jail? They went after him and that has been clear from the beginning.

They will not walk or get a slap on the wrist. They will be charged and they will be fired.

I agree, but with the witnesses, the victim won't get charged for assaulting the
three off-duty officers on top of getting beaten, threatened, and robbed. The
glass is 1/2 full and the silver lining sort'a thing. 8O
There is no silver lining or half full/empty glass. They may even get harsher treatment for what they have done and in my opinion - since they are law officers -they should get harsher treatment. They obviously didn't risk their careers for a lousy $200.00 bucks.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
This case has nothing to do with the RCMP. They are 3 City police officers. Are you for one moment suggesting the RCMP would hurt the victim? How biased can you get? Yours is just a different kind of racism. It's against a career choice rather than a race of people.

I'm being racist!?!?! LMAO... wow... :lol:

I made a mistake. I think cop and I mean RCMP they are the same thing. I forgot Vancouver has its own police force.

But thanks for the laugh :lol::lol::lol::lol:

P.S. get help.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I'm being racist!?!?! LMAO... wow... :lol:

I made a mistake. I think cop and I mean RCMP they are the same thing. I forgot Vancouver has its own police force.

But thanks for the laugh :lol::lol::lol::lol:

P.S. get help.
Laugh all you want. It doesn't change a thing. You are still biased.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Islandpacific, I think you are missing the point. Police are criminals and criminals are police. They are the same personality types. They use the same tactics for the same purpose: respect and power.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I often wonder if the unreported crimes of police (Province wide) were compared to the crimes of gang bangers which would come out as the worst? I think they work too closely together though for any such comparison to be practical.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
How would he be in jail? They went after him and that has been clear from the beginning.

They will not walk or get a slap on the wrist. They will be charged and they will be fired.

There is no silver lining or half full/empty glass. They may even get harsher treatment for what they have done and in my opinion - since they are law officers -they should get harsher treatment. They obviously didn't risk their careers for a lousy $200.00 bucks.

Your version is the right one I.P. These three thugs will end up wishing they hadn't done that, the process is slow to cross all the "t"s and dot all the "j"s so they don't get off on any technicality. I don't know what the mentality is with all these people against the R.C.M.P., I've met many fine members and a few who can be a little over exuberant - like people in ALL walks of life. I wonder what these detractors would be like if their jobs entailed being spat at, called "pigs" and seeing the same merry - go -round day after with the same guys.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I read the entire article you supplied. It doesn't mention anything regarding the defence they plan to use. Where did you come up with this?

I caught it at the end of the evening news report. He mentioned something about the possibility of these officers drinks' being spiked, and that as a possible excuse. Pure speculation.

Last edited:

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I caught it at the end of the evening news report. He mentioned something about the possibility of these officers drinks' being spiked, and that as a possible excuse. Pure speculation.
I don't doubt what you say. A spiked drink means alcohol was added and as I recall - they came from a bar. They were 3 friends all posted in different locations of the lower mainland, out together. They did what they did and to my way of seeing it - they need to be charged. I might buy that one of them had too much to drink and was a little off norm (but I would not excuse him even then) but there is no way that all three of them had no idea they were drinking booze. I don't believe anyone is looking for a way to get them off. I think they want this to go away as fast as it can but legally.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I've watched cops being paid off by drug dealers for over a decade now. Does that count as real life?

Go watch some TV.
It counts as real life as long as it's real. Why don't you report them? In this day and age anyone can video anything. Shouldn't be too hard to turn them in. They shouldn't be cops and watching a crime and doing nothing is also wrong. I wasn't being rude to you. Half of my family has taken a criminology course and honestly - it doesn't do all that much for you. Might give you a little insight but that's all. If you have taken the course you must have some interest in the law and I assume it's for the right reasons. So - as I said - why don't you report it?