Three off duty officers arrested for assault and Robbery.


In Between Man
#1
I just seen on the news how bad this attack really was. Apparently completely based on racism.

Looks like the defence they're planning to use is "my drink was drugged".
 
Cliffy
#2
Ya! The police are taking this seriously. That is why these guys are still on the payroll.
 
Ron in Regina
#3
Wow....thank God for the many witness's, or this guy would be in jail
for assaulting these officers.
 
Scott Free
#4
It doesn't matter how many people saw or if it was even videotaped, these guys will walk or get a slap on the wrist.
 
Ron in Regina
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott FreeView Post

It doesn't matter how many people saw or if it was even videotaped, these guys will walk or get a slap on the wrist.


I agree, but with the witnesses, the victim won't get charged for assaulting the
three off-duty officers on top of getting beaten, threatened, and robbed. The
glass is 1/2 full and the silver lining sort'a thing.
 
Scott Free
#6
As long as this case is in the public eye he might be safe. The RCMP can be absolutely brutal though to people like him. Like bikers they don't like people causing trouble.
 
VanIsle
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott FreeView Post

As long as this case is in the public eye he might be safe. The RCMP can be absolutely brutal though to people like him. Like bikers they don't like people causing trouble.

This case has nothing to do with the RCMP. They are 3 City police officers. Are you for one moment suggesting the RCMP would hurt the victim? How biased can you get? Yours is just a different kind of racism. It's against a career choice rather than a race of people.
 
VanIsle
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

Wow....thank God for the many witness's, or this guy would be in jail
for assaulting these officers.

How would he be in jail? They went after him and that has been clear from the beginning.

Quote: Originally Posted by Scott FreeView Post

It doesn't matter how many people saw or if it was even videotaped, these guys will walk or get a slap on the wrist.

They will not walk or get a slap on the wrist. They will be charged and they will be fired.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

I agree, but with the witnesses, the victim won't get charged for assaulting the
three off-duty officers on top of getting beaten, threatened, and robbed. The
glass is 1/2 full and the silver lining sort'a thing.

There is no silver lining or half full/empty glass. They may even get harsher treatment for what they have done and in my opinion - since they are law officers -they should get harsher treatment. They obviously didn't risk their careers for a lousy $200.00 bucks.
 
Scott Free
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by IslandpacificView Post

This case has nothing to do with the RCMP. They are 3 City police officers. Are you for one moment suggesting the RCMP would hurt the victim? How biased can you get? Yours is just a different kind of racism. It's against a career choice rather than a race of people.

I'm being racist!?!?! LMAO... wow...

I made a mistake. I think cop and I mean RCMP they are the same thing. I forgot Vancouver has its own police force.

But thanks for the laugh

P.S. get help.
 
VanIsle
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by alleywayzalwayzView Post

I just seen on the news how bad this attack really was. Apparently completely based on racism.

Looks like the defence they're planning to use is "my drink was drugged".

I read the entire article you supplied. It doesn't mention anything regarding the defence they plan to use. Where did you come up with this?
 
VanIsle
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott FreeView Post

I'm being racist!?!?! LMAO... wow...

I made a mistake. I think cop and I mean RCMP they are the same thing. I forgot Vancouver has its own police force.

But thanks for the laugh

P.S. get help.

Laugh all you want. It doesn't change a thing. You are still biased.
 
Scott Free
#12
Islandpacific, I think you are missing the point. Police are criminals and criminals are police. They are the same personality types. They use the same tactics for the same purpose: respect and power.
 
Scott Free
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by IslandpacificView Post

Laugh all you want. It doesn't change a thing. You are still biased.

Yes.. yes I am because I have studied criminology. You should try it sometime.
 
VanIsle
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott FreeView Post

Yes.. yes I am because I have studied criminology. You should try it sometime.

Sorry but I don't think that qualifies you for anything much. It's a course. It's not real life.
 
Scott Free
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by IslandpacificView Post

Sorry but I don't think that qualifies you for anything much. It's a course. It's not real life.

I've watched cops being paid off by drug dealers for over a decade now. Does that count as real life?

Go watch some TV.
 
Scott Free
#16
I often wonder if the unreported crimes of police (Province wide) were compared to the crimes of gang bangers which would come out as the worst? I think they work too closely together though for any such comparison to be practical.
 
JLM
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by IslandpacificView Post

How would he be in jail? They went after him and that has been clear from the beginning.


They will not walk or get a slap on the wrist. They will be charged and they will be fired.


There is no silver lining or half full/empty glass. They may even get harsher treatment for what they have done and in my opinion - since they are law officers -they should get harsher treatment. They obviously didn't risk their careers for a lousy $200.00 bucks.

Your version is the right one I.P. These three thugs will end up wishing they hadn't done that, the process is slow to cross all the "t"s and dot all the "j"s so they don't get off on any technicality. I don't know what the mentality is with all these people against the R.C.M.P., I've met many fine members and a few who can be a little over exuberant - like people in ALL walks of life. I wonder what these detractors would be like if their jobs entailed being spat at, called "pigs" and seeing the same merry - go -round day after with the same guys.
 
In Between Man
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by IslandpacificView Post

I read the entire article you supplied. It doesn't mention anything regarding the defence they plan to use. Where did you come up with this?

I caught it at the end of the evening news report. He mentioned something about the possibility of these officers drinks' being spiked, and that as a possible excuse. Pure speculation.
Last edited by In Between Man; Jan 24th, 2009 at 01:57 AM..Reason: s
 
VanIsle
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by alleywayzalwayzView Post

I caught it at the end of the evening news report. He mentioned something about the possibility of these officers drinks' being spiked, and that as a possible excuse. Pure speculation.

I don't doubt what you say. A spiked drink means alcohol was added and as I recall - they came from a bar. They were 3 friends all posted in different locations of the lower mainland, out together. They did what they did and to my way of seeing it - they need to be charged. I might buy that one of them had too much to drink and was a little off norm (but I would not excuse him even then) but there is no way that all three of them had no idea they were drinking booze. I don't believe anyone is looking for a way to get them off. I think they want this to go away as fast as it can but legally.
 
VanIsle
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott FreeView Post

I've watched cops being paid off by drug dealers for over a decade now. Does that count as real life?

Go watch some TV.

It counts as real life as long as it's real. Why don't you report them? In this day and age anyone can video anything. Shouldn't be too hard to turn them in. They shouldn't be cops and watching a crime and doing nothing is also wrong. I wasn't being rude to you. Half of my family has taken a criminology course and honestly - it doesn't do all that much for you. Might give you a little insight but that's all. If you have taken the course you must have some interest in the law and I assume it's for the right reasons. So - as I said - why don't you report it?
 
VanIsle
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott FreeView Post

I often wonder if the unreported crimes of police (Province wide) were compared to the crimes of gang bangers which would come out as the worst? I think they work too closely together though for any such comparison to be practical.

You have to know that is wrong. I know it is wrong and I don't have to be shown any proof or any stats. Anytime that someone talks like you, they have had at least one or more (usually more) run ins with the police. Don't you want to add in Correctional Officers too? I'm sure all of them must be bad guys on the take as well.
 
Scott Free
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by IslandpacificView Post

It counts as real life as long as it's real. Why don't you report them?

To whom would I report and for what purpose?

What could I expect? A bullheaded person like you, no doubt, that would deny such charges, no matter the proof, and for my effort I might be beaten and tazard.

Either you are a fool or you have something to gain from deluding yourself (or trying to delude others at least). I'm not sure what your payoff would be... you're a cop aren't you, or someone you're close to is?
 
Scott Free
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by IslandpacificView Post

You have to know that is wrong. I know it is wrong and I don't have to be shown any proof or any stats. Anytime that someone talks like you, they have had at least one or more (usually more) run ins with the police. Don't you want to add in Correctional Officers too? I'm sure all of them must be bad guys on the take as well.

Ah, so there you have it, I'm a lunatic then because I dislike all authority - is that right? This is your simplistic solution then? There just couldn't be any merit whatsoever in my posts then huh? Perhaps you are like other fools here that think the payoff of cops killing and beating some people is worth it if it means they "feel" safer at night? It is a tough job no doubt and maybe one of the perks is getting to beat the odd head in. Is that it then? To hell with liberty and human rights so long as you've got yours?

Sad.
 
Ron in Regina
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

Wow....thank God for the many witness's, or this guy would be in jail
for assaulting these officers.


Quote: Originally Posted by Scott FreeView Post

It doesn't matter how many people saw or if it was even videotaped, these guys will walk or get a slap on the wrist.


Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

I agree, but with the witnesses, the victim won't get charged for assaulting the
three off-duty officers on top of getting beaten, threatened, and robbed. The
glass is 1/2 full and the silver lining sort'a thing.


Quote: Originally Posted by IslandpacificView Post

How would he be in jail? They went after him and that has been clear from the beginning.


There is no silver lining or half full/empty glass. They may even get harsher treatment for what they have done and in my opinion - since they are law officers -they should get harsher treatment. They obviously didn't risk their careers for a lousy $200.00 bucks.


Since these three Law Officers are Law Officers, off-duty or not....without the many witnesses,
this would not have been clear from the start...and who would be believed? The Delivery driver
or the three Law officers? Thus the glass is 1/2 full and the silver lining sort'a thing. I'm sure the
police will thoroughly investigate themselves (Police police the Police) and the results will reflect
that. There are many GREAT Police officers out there, but these three aren't in that category.
I don't think these Officers risked their careers for $200 either. I think the $200 is irrelevant to
the assault. I also doubt these officers thought they were risking their careers, or they
would not have assaulted the Delivery Driver, or took his money.
_____________________________________
 
Liberalman
#25
Police were drunk and deserve to get fired.
They are racist just like everybodyelse on the blue line.
It's time for the RCMP to replace the Vancouver and area police forces.
 
Ron in Regina
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by LiberalmanView Post

Police were drunk and deserve to get fired.
They are racist just like everybodyelse on the blue line.
It's time for the RCMP to replace the Vancouver and area police forces.


Liberalman....The RCMP aren't held at much higher esteem (if at all) in BC
than the Vancouver and area police forces. A quick Google search will turn
up all kinds of nasty stuff. I think the answer lies in the investigative policy of
the Police policing the Police to determine whether charges should be laid or
not. What we currently have doesn't work, and leads to further distrust from
the general public. I don't know the answer, but I can see the problem....
 
JLM
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by LiberalmanView Post

Police were drunk and deserve to get fired.
They are racist just like everybodyelse on the blue line.
It's time for the RCMP to replace the Vancouver and area police forces.

You might just have something there. There's been bad bastards on that force like the six thugs, who beat up the druggie in Stanley Park, but in that case justice prevailed, the main thugs got fired.
 
taxslave
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott FreeView Post

I'm being racist!?!?! LMAO... wow...

I made a mistake. I think cop and I mean RCMP they are the same thing. I forgot Vancouver has its own police force.

But thanks for the laugh

P.S. get help.

There are several police forces in the lower mainland in various communities as well as the RCMP. If the news article was correct these officers came from at least two different forces, both of which tend to make negative news on a fairly regular basis.
 
VanIsle
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

Since these three Law Officers are Law Officers, off-duty or not....without the many witnesses,
this would not have been clear from the start...and who would be believed? The Delivery driver
or the three Law officers? Thus the glass is 1/2 full and the silver lining sort'a thing. I'm sure the
police will thoroughly investigate themselves (Police police the Police) and the results will reflect
that. There are many GREAT Police officers out there, but these three aren't in that category.
I don't think these Officers risked their careers for $200 either. I think the $200 is irrelevant to
the assault. I also doubt these officers thought they were risking their careers, or they
would not have assaulted the Delivery Driver, or took his money.

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Ron the police are being investigated through their own forces but more importantly, they are being investigated by the Public Complaints Commission - they are the folks who investigate police wrong doings and they are a separate entity. It's only my own thoughts but I think the $200.00 was simply an attempt to make it look like a robbery they initially thought they would get away with. Then (IMO) they went too far and thoroughly beat an innocent man and they all got caught. By that point I think they probably knew their careers were down the tube.
 
Tyr
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by IslandpacificView Post

I don't doubt what you say. A spiked drink means alcohol was added and as I recall - they came from a bar. They were 3 friends all posted in different locations of the lower mainland, out together. They did what they did and to my way of seeing it - they need to be charged. I might buy that one of them had too much to drink and was a little off norm (but I would not excuse him even then) but there is no way that all three of them had no idea they were drinking booze. I don't believe anyone is looking for a way to get them off. I think they want this to go away as fast as it can but legally.

How about we go with.... They were ****faced and they decided to get their repressed jolly's out on some delivery guy.

Ther should be far more psychological testing on perspective policer officers and with that hopefully "weed" out the obviously demented, rage induced control freaks that some forces seem to pander to
 

Similar Threads

0
Daylight Robbery
by JBeee | Sep 22nd, 2008
no new posts